Spartak Trnava

Cleveland-Saint

I was at the Trnava game last night, crowd 2'940. Game was over by HT at 2-0, third was a penalty. Georgians were very poor, so it made Trnava look good but they are nowhere near the level of Lucerne. Zlaté Moravce is a one Main Street town, not much going on there. Vion Hotel was next to the stadium. Took me a good 1.5 hours to drive from Bratislava, it would be at least 2 hours by bus

I was at the Trnava game last night, crowd 2'940. Game was over by HT at 2-0, third was a penalty. Georgians were very poor, so it made Trnava look good but they are nowhere near the level of Lucerne. Zlaté Moravce is a one Main Street town, not much going on there. Vion Hotel was next to the stadium. Took me a good 1.5 hours to drive from Bratislava, it would be at least 2 hours by bus

Would it be easy by bus?

Any train service between the two towns/cities? 

Any train service between the two towns/cities? 

From what I've looked into there isnt.

Its a bus from the Airport to Bratislava town centre - train to Trnava - then bus to Zlate Moravce.

I'm sure the local gentleman will correct me if i'm wrong though. thats what ive found from the research anyway.

Where is everyone else staying, don't want to stay in trvana if nobody else is, quite happy staying where match is

John

Dr Christmas has booked + 5 others, so there is a crew starting to get on it...

Haven't thought about where to stay.....might take a tent :) (joke)

once again i got lucky.... BA...... £42.50 ---  MON THE AIRMILES!!!!!!!!!

13c07a96_o.png

Edited by MySpazz

A group of builders who built a couple of houses my company was involved in were built by guys from Slovakia ( ****Qing mental by the way). 

these guys came over here originally to pick berries and got into building work here as they were builders in Slovakia and could make more money picking fruit than builders back home there employer found out they could build sheds, houses etc etc and started using them to do this type of work rather than pick berries, however there was over 300 of them at Arbunkles  fruit farm on the out skirts of Dundee, they reckoned close to 1000 in Perthshire at the Berries in July/August, that was a couple of years ago but could be a big away support on Thursday.    

Which hotel did you go for?

i cant find many in the centre of Zlate Moravce

It's a tiny place, nothing happening there only 13K population.....Kinross style.

I was thinking of staying on trnava

Am I right in saying Budapest is next best option distance wise after Bratislava?
Looks like 2hr 30 min drive as opposed to over 4 hrs from
Prague. Maybe we could organise a minibus for to and from game from Trvana?

I looked at that, it is not too far ...there is also another option to go to a place called Brno - Wizz air fly there (i think).

If the game is being played 50 miles east of Trnava , I don't see any sense in going there other than it being on the route to Zlate Moravce .

Trnava is much bigger with 65,578 pop. I checked out hotels and there were some for as little at £20 a night.

Am I right in saying Budapest is next best option distance wise after Bratislava?

Looks like 2hr 30 min drive as opposed to over 4 hrs from

Prague. Maybe we could organise a minibus for to and from game from Trvana?

148 km (92ml) time 2h 12min. according to one website .

Maryburgh Saint and myself booked in Hotel Eminent in Zlate Moravce at £30 a room each.

There are trains from Bratislava to Zlate Moravce - see the slovakian railways web site at www.slovakrail.sk - you can change it to English. Couple of suitable trains out to the game but limited options the morning after with only two departures in the morning at 0513, arriving Bratislava 0733 with one change required and then at 0617, changing again to arrive Bratislava at 0836

If we go through to the playoff round are we away first? If so I may have to move a very important meeting so I can go

If someone can confirm that would be braw, so I can plant the seed on Monday!!

Pretty sure it's how you come out of the hat, it has been this far anyway.

Transalpino saints on the road again??.

Looking into coach feasibility and costs. Awaiting feedback from coach company 

Would miss out on local trains buses and taxis hassle.

Original estimate would be to leave Tuesday night 1900? Back for early Saturday. 

Any interest for this?