Stevie May

Hardolez21

League Table says 'No'.

The league table won't say 'no' for much longer.  The knives are already out at Swillsborough. http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/218631-stevie-may/  It seems their manager should probably have put the hours of scouting that Steve Evans put in, then maybe he would have known his strengths and how to play him.

The problem for him is, that at Wendy, he has no-one helping him, bringing on his game.  We have two young, powerful, quick strikers who cost a combined fee less than what we offered for May.  They are being integrated slowly, and are being nurtured on the training ground, by the coaching staff, and experienced strikers.  May has Nuhiu and Madine.  Hardly role models, and neither would get into our first team.  That's why we have a player at 20 years old, who could have gone to a higher club, publicly stating how much he's learning, and improving his game, and can come off the bench and score a 25 yard winner against Leeds, while May becomes increasingly the butt of Wendy's ire, both on radio phone-ins and messageboards.

The league table won't say 'no' for much longer.  The knives are already out at Swillsborough. http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/218631-stevie-may/  It seems their manager should probably have put the hours of scouting that Steve Evans put in, then maybe he would have known his strengths and how to play him.

The problem for him is, that at Wendy, he has no-one helping him, bringing on his game.  We have two young, powerful, quick strikers who cost a combined fee less than what we offered for May.  They are being integrated slowly, and are being nurtured on the training ground, by the coaching staff, and experienced strikers.  May has Nuhiu and Madine.  Hardly role models, and neither would get into our first team.  That's why we have a player at 20 years old, who could have gone to a higher club, publicly stating how much he's learning, and improving his game, and can come off the bench and score a 25 yard winner against Leeds, while May becomes increasingly the butt of Wendy's ire, both on radio phone-ins and messageboards.

Maybe if your board/manager weren't so determined to 'steal a bargain' he'd have went to Rotherham?

I'm not really arsed either way any more to be honest. He's gone and we need to move on. Good to see you're still not bitter though.

millerman is still raging.

Hahaa!  Not raging.  Feel quite smug actually, when I constantly hear the Wendy fans on local radio, moaning about him, saying how he's not good enough, and saying what do they expect when he comes from a 'Mickey Mouse' league.  Their decent early form has turned around as expected, and their fans who claimed this year was theirs, have realised it isn't.  We have now found our feet, and will finish above them comfortably, as I predicted before the season started.

I watched Rotherham against Leeds on Friday. They aren't very good either so I wouldn't get to carried away with yourself.

Mickey mouse league is just a morons phrase for a league they know nothing about. Plenty players have gone from Scotland and done well. Of course people weren't slagging off the league then? Where someone played previously has zero to do with what you should expect from a player.

Edited by PerthSeany

Hahaa! Not raging. Feel quite smug actually, when I constantly hear the Wendy fans on local radio, moaning about him, saying how he's not good enough, and saying what do they expect when he comes from a 'Mickey Mouse' league. Their decent early form has turned around as expected, and their fans who claimed this year was theirs, have realised it isn't. We have now found our feet, and will finish above them comfortably, as I predicted before the season started.

Good post for someone who is sobbing and typing at the same time.

Rotherham signed Connor ****ing Newton and Kirk Broadfoot FFS!

Trying to tell us our league is mickey mouse compared to theirs is laughable.

I totally agree, and that was my point.  Although, I'm not sure why you'd mention two of our squad players, when I have made no slight against the Saints or the SPL.

I was simply pointing out feeling amongst the fickle fans of the club your prodigy plays for.  I thought it was relevant on a post about that player, responding to other postees slamming our club, while defending a club whose fans are slating May and Scottish football in general.

I totally agree, and that was my point.  Although, I'm not sure why you'd mention two of our squad players, when I have made no slight against the Saints or the SPL.

I was simply pointing out feeling amongst the fickle fans of the club your prodigy plays for.  I thought it was relevant on a post about that player, responding to other postees slamming our club, while defending a club whose fans are slating May and Scottish football in general.

I've read your forums too and the attitude was exactly the same, even worse after May went to Sheffield Wednesday.

We're quite used to Championship clubs coming onto our forum with that high and mighty attitude (Bristol City, Millwall, Rotherham to name but 3). You can't really blame us for reacting the way we do, but apologies all the same as I see you've never really held that attitude.

Some of my Owl mates are relatively happy with Stevie and his contribution so far. They feel that the cheque book needs to come out in January to get some deceñt midfielders to support him. As it stand the league table shows that Rotherham are still below Wednesday. When the going gets tough Fatty Evans will still be the fattest person in the world and Rovrum will be nearer the ar*e of the league.

I've read your forums too and the attitude was exactly the same, even worse after May went to Sheffield Wednesday.

We're quite used to Championship clubs coming onto our forum with that high and mighty attitude (Bristol City, Millwall, Rotherham to name but 3). You can't really blame us for reacting the way we do, but apologies all the same as I see you've never really held that attitude.

Absolutely no apologies necessary.  I have commented for a long time on threads related to Stevie May, and yes, I do think he would have been better off coming to us.  He is the topic of conversation on radio phone-ins regularly down here, but recently, there are a large number of SWFC fans slating him for his performances.  I personally admire the player like the way he plays, I just don't think they are benefitting his short or long term career, by how they have managed him.

There are recent debates locally about us and them, with a 'derby' game looming, their form dipping, and us improving.  It would certainly hurt them badly if we were to turn them over at their place after they lauded it over us for signing May.

Some of my Owl mates are relatively happy with Stevie and his contribution so far. They feel that the cheque book needs to come out in January to get some deceñt midfielders to support him. As it stand the league table shows that Rotherham are still below Wednesday. When the going gets tough Fatty Evans will still be the fattest person in the world and Rovrum will be nearer the ar*e of the league.

Obvously uninformed.  If you are going to debate, at least put some thought into it.  Mandaric will not spend 1 pence at Hillsborough.  It was only the sale of Antonio to Forest, that gave Gray the funds to get May.  We are two points behind them after their 'World-beating' start and our slow welcome to a hugely financially competetive league.  When the going gets tough, 'Fatty Evans' as you so eloquently (and strangely childishly) described him, will roll his sleeves up and make the players battle their way out of trouble (in his typical Scottish way!), and as long as we are in this league next season, when there are teams with £40M wage bills, compared to our £4M, then we will have been hugely successful.

Edited by millerman

Like wise Saintdunc , Owls fans I know are over the moon with him, one text I got was "Stevie boy 1 Reading 0" that was also the same game the Strachan was at and he said although I left early when I heard the Roar I knew it would be may that had scored.

Also most of these guys know that it will take may a few months to settle down there but most of the moaners have never heard of home sickness probably. he has gone from a tiny small city to the 3 rd largest city in England, However most of the Owls fans know that it is more than Steve May they needed as our own TW would say they could have had Diego Costa upfront and we still would not have scored.    

What's worse? Being a Mickey Mouse league or signing players from a Mickey Mouse league to strengthen your team?

Disney make sense.

Ha ha

English leagues are all just subsidy junkies

Subsidised by the telly companies .and without whom ?

Signed Minnie mouse