Managerial Merry-Go-Round

HOODLUM65

On 4/9/2023 at 9:07 AM, Tranmere Saintee said:

Gavin Price and Jim Weir given their jotters by Elgin.

I think they they did quite well at Elgin apart from the last 3 months.

We have a manager that has been poor for 2 seasons and is still in post.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Cagey said:

Half a mil for 4 games + 2.5 if he keeps Leeds up. 4 tough games . If he does keep them up he really will be a miracle worker.

He doesn't seem to lack confidence in himself.

Looking at this interview, he actually fits in well with Leeds. I remember them either playing teams off the park, and if they didn't, they'd kick them off the park. Sounds like an Allardyce tactic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65473908

• 3 weeks later...

Difficult to judge Ange's move without knowing how his mind works.  If he thinks he can turn Spurs into title challengers in no time at all I think he will be disappointed.  But if he simply wants to see how he performs at the highest level then fair play to him.  If things don't go well and he is sacked before Xmas then no worries his termination package will probably be the equivalent of two years salary at Celtic.  He can then retire if he wants or go back to Oz or Japan on a lower wage with his financial future secure.

I've found Ange quite a likeable guy. He didn't seem to give a sh*t about all the Old Firm nonsense and just got on with doing his job well. Can't blame him for grabbing the Spurs opportunity with two hands but I think that's a seriously tough job. I think Spurs' recent era of highs is firmly behind them and they're on a downward curve now, which will only get much worse if they lose Harry Kane. If he doesn't hit the ground running there I don't see him getting much time to put his own stamp on things.

Without doubt Ange has done a good job in rebuilding a squad that was in disarray prior to his arrival, however, I think the real test would have been to see how he got on in the CL this coming season. Given that nobody else seems to want the job I suppose he's worth the risk.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 10:40 PM, sixties saintee said:

Just appointed Hannah Dingley as first team coach, first ever womans coach 

Coincidentally she is married to Mark Cooper, who led them into the Football League, and is now at Yeovil. 

She has previously Managed lower down the pyramid and was the Academy Manager. 

• 1 month later...