Compulsory Buying Order

saintgscot

At the end of the day I think we all know deep down why Steve Broon is making such a song and dance over all this, if we all think about logically, what we have here is a bonafide ready made excuse for another total doom and gloom summer period of no signings and crap loan deals in the same mould as last year as Steve pleads poverty due to the wicked Council and their useless planners.

this years (barely used) training pitch will be last years 'Infrastructure'

I got hit on the windscreen by a golf ball once, on the Forth Road Bridge, and came damn close to crashing. After some speculation that Monty was playing near by (not you Montrose, the other one), I guessed that some brat must have dropped it out a car.

A week later I got hit by a huge grain shovel that fell off a lorry, and was again lucky.

Think I'll pass on a soggy football!

Saints were not complaining when the north stand was getting bulldozed in the original plans as they were getting a fortune for it, now they are complaining, obviously not getting near enough as before. When the money is there they will do anything.

Pleased someone is calling it correctly. Brown is a mega rich man, and his family - while running Saints admirably - has made a fair whack out of the residual from owning Saints. As for this malarky about the (hastily convenyed) training "ground".

One question: HOW DO YOU THINK BRUCE McDIARMID WOULD HAVE ACTED???? for against the interests of the town?

It's clear that St Johnstone and the council don't get along..... quite the reverse of alot of clubs. Why is that?

http://www.pkc.gov.uk/article/10677/Development-Management---18-March-2015

These are the councillors that were voting on the committee T Gray (Convener), B Band (Vice Convener), H Anderson, M Barnacle, I Campbell, D Cuthbert, A Gaunt, J Giacopazzi, C Gillies, J Kellas, A Livingstone, M Lyle and G Walker.

Not seen any minutes for how they voted.

http://www.pkc.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=29786&p=0

Fairly obvious how they would have voted if you know the political makeup of PKC.  SNP are the current Administration of the Council, and from what you can see from below, they had 7 representatives on the Committee yesterday.  I believe the vote was 8-5 in favour according to the Courier, no danger one of the independents would have voted for it, and according to the Courier Cllr Gillies and Livingstone both voted against it.  Which leaves the 8th vote to be either Councillor I Campbell (Tory) or A Gaunt (Lib Dem).  I'd wager the Tory was the other Yes vote.  :neutral:

T Gray - SNP

B Band - SNP

H Anderson - SNP

J Giacopazzi - SNP

J Kellas - SNP

M Lyle - SNP

G Walker - SNP

M Barnacle - Independent

D Cuthbert - Independent

I Campbell - Tory

A Livingstone - Tory

A Gaunt - Lib Dem

C Gillies - Labour

Pleased someone is calling it correctly. Brown is a mega rich man, and his family - while running Saints admirably - has made a fair whack out of the residual from owning Saints. As for this malarky about the (hastily convenyed) training "ground".

One question: HOW DO YOU THINK BRUCE McDIARMID WOULD HAVE ACTED???? for against the interests of the town?

It's clear that St Johnstone and the council don't get along..... quite the reverse of alot of clubs. Why is that?

Probably because the Labour guys are all the the/Celtic fans, the Tories think all football fans are thugs who should be serving sandwiches at the rugby, and the SNP are a wee bit busy at present. The Lib Dems..... Oh sorry, I forgot.

Are you suggesting that the training ground was only thrown together for the purpose of getting money from the council? It was part of the failed application to get into the elite youth setup.

this may seem obvious but

1.why is a new road needed?

2.did broon ever say he didnt oppose the north stand being knocked down?

3.all the interviews seem to be from stirling uni so do the players ever make use of the training pitch?

4.do folk honestly think steve placed the training pitch there to get more compensation?

http://www.pkc.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=29723&p=0

Please take a look at page 7 of the attached and tell me if any of you can spot an alternative route for the proposed road through the cremmy :) :)

around the other side of the cremmy and then along the old railway track...... no ashes or training facilities will be harmed  :)

roughly 30k when full this season thats utd dundee n celtic say twice thats - 180k not inc food purchased or cars brought

None of those teams have brought attendences that would result in us needing over 8,000 seats so those figures are not valid.

Aside from the saints and crematorium impact, do the council ever think about what people in Perth might want. I would think a lot of people like the city the size it is, that's why they choose to live here, and maybe don't want to see a huge new suburb. So would we still need the road?

If you ask folk in Bridge of Earn, and several other towns, I'm sure many locals would say they're not that enamoured with a huge new add on to their village.

A few snippets from the Report approved by Council on the 25th February and by the Development Management Committee yesterday.

2.2 There are eight Gardens of Remembrance within the Crematorium grounds and the proposed route of the road affects the woodland area to the south of one of these - the Bluebell Garden. More specifically the route encroaches very slightly onto the outermost edge of the Bluebell Garden. The maximum extent of this has been determined and at the very most four memorials will

require to be relocated.

2.3 The Project Team and Crematorium staff have been liaising with families whose memorials will be affected, and reasonable measures will be put in

place regarding the relocation of the ashes and memorial plaques. Three of the four families have accepted the proposal to relocate their memorials.

So from reading that you are the 'One' family that hasn't agreed to relocate their memorial then??  :?

As my previous reply to your post was removed, I'll try to be less direct and more polite with my response. 

Re-read my post. A tree was planted, which we sought permission for. There is no plinth, plaque, sign or memorial, that however makes it no less a focal point for the family than if it was marked in some other way.

By all means, this is a public forum, come on here and express your opinions in the anonymity of your pseudonym.

Do not however be as callus as to assume the knowledge of my fathers final resting place.

That really shows you up to be the person whom you obviously are. I hope others here see that also.

Hopefully this reply will manage to remain on here now its been heavily edited and the language used moderated !!!

Not impressed :evil:       

Someone made a point above about SUDS - very relevant.  It's very easy to look at a road on a plan or imposed on an aerial photo, and see it as a small land take, but the requirements for drainage (with two or three levels of treatment) and gradients (for distributor roads it will be 1:20 maximum) you find that the peripheral works, regrading and drainage infrastructure take up double or three times the actual outline of the road itself.  That plan shown in several posts above might be very misleading.  I'll have a dig and see what I can find in terms of true land take and post something later.

Right, here is the overall plan for the road overlaid on an aerial image from google earth.  The pink areas will be CPO'd, and the Council will take a right of servitude over the green area at the back of the North Stand.  This confirms that the garden of remembrance is indeed already in Council ownership, and therefore not subject to CPO, but you can see that the road does cut into it a small amount, but will be close to the same level as the garden, so traffic noise and visual impact could be substantial.  

The interesting thing that was missing from the previous plans is the whopping great SUDS basin on our training pitch, and you can begin to see why the facility will become useless.

sAINTS_zpshwiwnr4y.jpg