Saints V Ross County Scottish Cup Rd4 29/11/14

The ghost of Jim Morton

Was driving up to Perth today in the car with the phone playing music through the stereo. I had it on shuffle and just as I came to broxden a wee man clip started playing.

The voice of Liam Mcleod belts out "the 2014 William Hill Scottish cup belongs to St Johnstone"

By heck the hair on the back of my neck stood up and a wee tear welled up in my eye.

Coys

how can i get this?

Was disappointed by the piss poor crowd today.

15,000 to the final and just short of 2,400 at the first defense of the title.

Excuses like Christmas coming up are not really acceptable.

What do we need to do to get more fans turning up?

£20 is a lot of money, there are plenty of acceptable reasons relating to money and Christmas affecting the attendance at the football.

Was disappointed by the piss poor crowd today.

15,000 to the final and just short of 2,400 at the first defense of the title.

Excuses like Christmas coming up are not really acceptable.

What do we need to do to get more fans turning up?

The fans cant go because they can't afford to... But it's not acceptable ............

Thought we were superb the first half hour and really should of been more than two up. McFadden central to everything.

The problem was I knew it wouldn't last, as I said to my old man at half time-

"It's up to us if County come back into the game. As soon as the tempo is high they looked a total mess and couldn't cope. If we slow down they'll come into it."

That's exactly what happened. The majority of the players we currently have are not 90 minute players either due to age, injuries in the past or simply not having the natural engine.

Overall we deserved the win and played with real purpose in the first half. If we performed to that level every week we'd climb the table quickly.

still not clear if ando was even offside and he was pulling his foot away. coyle didnt half talk rubbish on sportscene. lovely to watch brittains greetin face!

The still shot they had on the highlights showed him in an offside position. He made a movement towards the ball but he was not in the line of sight of the keeper and had no involvement in the goal. That seems to fall in between interpretations of the offside rule. Coyle made perfect sense with his opinion.

Could have sent off Croft as well. Quite a few decisions going our way from the highlights.

If he sends off Croft they don't score their goal! Obviously no idea how it would have changed the game of course.

Miller was fouled - his shirt is clearly pulled - before the guy knocked it off his hand-and very few refs will give a penalty when a ball is played off a defender's arm from that kind of range.

If he sends off Croft they don't score their goal! Obviously no idea how it would have changed the game of course.

Miller was fouled - his shirt is clearly pulled - before the guy knocked it off his hand-and very few refs will give a penalty when a ball is played off a defender's arm from that kind of range.

So you are in agreement, a few different decisions went our way :)

The football we played for the first half an hour was just spectacular, O'halloran has added an end product to his game and it's great to finally see goals coming from outwidth the forwards, really eases pressure on graham. McFadden is the only player on the pitch who could have scored that goal yesterday, just a sublime finish from technically one of the best players in the country who will contribute even more been when his fitness is built up. However although we created so many chances we have to become more clinical or we will start drawing games in which we dominated - both yesterday's game and last week could have been draws. Second half wasn't pretty to watch, we allowed Ross County to take control of the midfield and if Lee Croft had walked- which he should have IMO- or they had been more clinical we would be looking at a replay in Dingwall. We need to start bringing the level of performance we show in sections of game into the whole game, perhaps tommy should take part of the blame for us having to hold on yesterday as when he took mo and jm off there was no link to the midfield to the attack which resulted in a lack of penetration and Ross county not having to work to retain possession. Performance wise I was impressed by Dave Mackay who is proving many -myself included- who were concerned at his ability to play right back this season wrong and bringing Frazer wright back has really improved us defensively. ANdo IMO was poor yesterday and I expect more Easton to contribute more in an attacking sense than he is doing because he has the pace and the strength to get forward and contribute as much as Andrew Robertson and graham shinnie do/did in the spl. Chris Millar is easily our most consistent player atm and simon Lappin has fitted in well although he wasn't great yesterday. I know many will disagree with me but Brian graham is not doing enough and doesn't make the best runs for through balls and contributes very little to the play, yesterday a few moves broke down due to his ball control.

Onwards and upwards