Hearts

uphallsaint

Hearts have done well to win their league with so many games to go. I've not seen many of their games on TV, only one in fact, but they seem to have played good football.

Does anyone else agree with me that the media, Hearts fans have gone overboard with this achievement? After all, they have only won the second division title.

I certainly don't remember the same amount of hype when any other team has won that division.  Although I think part of the reaction may be down to the massive contrast between how Hearts have gone about their business compared to The Rangers since admin/liquidation.  

Yeah,Hearts relied on youth last season & I think it gave them a springboard for this season. They have also brought in a few who are good enough for Championship but may not do so well in SPL as 2 ex United guys didn`t do much in SPL.

Fair does for the way they have gone about it as apposed to Sevco who tried to buy success & failed.

To be fair to them, they've cake walked a really difficult league which we now full well how difficult it can be to get out of. They have also done it with a good scattering of younger players throughout their side plus what looks to be some really strong signings. As nips says, the contrast to what happened at Ibrox is stark - Hearts off the field are an example to how to resurrect a business. Rangers on the other hand...well, the least said about them the better. I watched their game against Hibs and a little bit of sick rose in my throat when I heard them belt out Rule Britannia. God, how I've not missed them. At all. 

You should have seen how their orcs behaved after the game. Spitting on people through the gates at the end of the stand, throwing traffic bollards, I also heard a particularly load bang / crash from further along the road

Absolute scum

I would have hoped the CCS sorted the hoors oot !! :)

Hearts have one major thing thats missing at Ibrox.

The players believe in the management and most importantly the fans believe in THEIR club.

They have sold out every home match since day one and have continued with their pledges etc.

The fans have turned out in droves (men,women and kids) to away games and I have not heard one bit of negativity about their behaviour.

The spotlight was on this league because the media perceived it to have 3 major players,however Hearts turned it into a procession and won it in March losing only one game narrowly along the way and scoring for fun.Congratulations Hearts....I look forward to humping you next season.

Hearts have one major thing thats missing at Ibrox.

The players believe in the management and most importantly the fans believe in THEIR club.

They have sold out every home match since day one and have continued with their pledges etc.

The fans have turned out in droves (men,women and kids) to away games and I have not heard one bit of negativity about their behaviour.

The spotlight was on this league because the media perceived it to have 3 major players,however Hearts turned it into a procession and won it in March losing only one game narrowly along the way and scoring for fun.Congratulations Hearts....I look forward to humping you next season.

To be fair the supporters have had no reason to walk away as they have had great results.

I see they're at their usual we were first shite again over the Save the Children sponsorship deal.

I can think of 3 British clubs and one is Scottish that have had a charity as a sponsor.

And Hearts, Save the Children? Wonder who thought they would be ideal candidates for that.

nearly every club in scotland would put that on their shirt if they were getting 1million pounds. 

if they were doing it for free then id see why folk were praising them

Say what you like about Hearts but they are a business, and it is being very well run. An interesting and progressive club. Good on them.

Say what you like about Hearts but they are a business, and it is being very well run. An interesting and progressive club. Good on them.

So do you think the 130 odd local business' they ripped off would agree with you?

See no difference between them and the rangers ad far as that goes.

Rack up debt say it's not their fault and walk away is the yams buiseness model.

So do you think the 130 odd local business' they ripped off would agree with you?

See no difference between them and the rangers ad far as that goes.

Rack up debt say it's not their fault and walk away is the yams buiseness model.

I'm pretty sure about a month or so ago it was announced that Hearts had settled all their debts, not walked away from them

Was that not just football debts?

------------------------------

I am making reference to the current, phoenix element of thier history, and on that basis it is an impressive turnaround for a club which effectively went to the wall.

That old way of going to the wall and not doing things correctly was not progressive. I believe under Scottish leadership the club will do us all proud.