10,000 Crowds?

bluesaint

I'm now officially in holiday mode at work ha ha and just was thinking about saints crowds at McD over the years so to start off with, who can remember the last time we had a 10k plus crowd? And I mean for fitba! Nothing else :)

And their favourite 10k plus atmosphere

I'll start

I can't remember the last 10k plus crowd but my fav has to be

Saints v Airdrie :) classic.....

Last time we got promotion it was pretty full, with massive queues to get into the East Stand, but I am guessing away end was pretty empty so wouldn't be close to capacity. 3-1 against Rangers must have been pretty full. For some reason I think of it being on a Sunday but not sure why - was on TV?

The unofficial Saints Twitter account posted a graphic showing all of McDiarmid Park's 10k-plus crowds a while back.

The Airdrie game actually had just under 10,000 at it so wasn't on there.

The attendance for that match is wrong as I had a ticket for a season ticket holders seat and I know of a good few more in the same boat . We got hoarded up the back of the east stand .

The attendance for that match is wrong as I had a ticket for a season ticket holders seat and I know of a good few more in the same boat . We got hoarded up the back of the east stand .

Don't understand that. Saints attendances have always been automatically registered through the turnstiles. In other words, if you're in the ground, you're counted.

Oops forgot to message, that one about the turnstiles is classic because I agree if it clicks your counted but the times I've seen crowds announced on reports from some of Celtic games in the past was clearly wrong.... Losing money in their biscuit tin comes to mind!! Ha ha

The unofficial Saints Twitter account posted a graphic showing all of McDiarmid Park's 10k-plus crowds a while back.

The Airdrie game actually had just under 10,000 at it so wasn't on there.

I've seen that before somewhere.... Was it on temple of saints??

Oops forgot to message, that one about the turnstiles is classic because I agree if it clicks your counted but the times I've seen crowds announced on reports from some of Celtic games in the past was clearly wrong.... Losing money in their biscuit tin comes to mind!! Ha ha

Celtic - and Ross County I think - add season ticket holders automatically.

Our "official attendances" are notoriously dubious.  The 7000 crowd v Spartak Trnava springs to mind, there is absolutely no way you could have got 3,000 more people into the stadium that night.  That having been said, the size of the ground is (sadly) far too big for our needs and at times I sit in the East stand and wish we had a compact 7,000 stadium. 

I do think Dundee in 1999 is the most recent 10000+ crowd. Just to extend this topic a bit when was the last 10000+ at Muirton, was it the 3-3 game against Rangers in the cup?

What was the crowd for the game against Aberdeen when they paid for the new segregation ?

Our "official attendances" are notoriously dubious.  The 7000 crowd v Spartak Trnava springs to mind, there is absolutely no way you could have got 3,000 more people into the stadium that night.  That having been said, the size of the ground is (sadly) far too big for our needs and at times I sit in the East stand and wish we had a compact 7,000 stadium. 

As I said earlier in the thread Saints attendances are extremely trustworthy. They are almost entirely generated automatically by the turnstiles - which is why they lock when a stand is full. The only exception to this is, I believe, the corporate hospitality section, where fans don't come in through turnstiles. I presume a figure is supplied separately for that small number.

I disagree with you about Trnava. The turnstiles tell the story accurately. What a lot of people don't see from their seat is the gaps at the end of their own stands, but also the odd unoccupied seats in other stands. Unless a game is all-ticket, you get a lot of these unoccupied single seats which are hard to see from a distance.