New Strip Season 16/17

thesaint10

Jeez, it was just an observation and if anything a criticism of the media, not the club. Do Saints pay you to jump on posts and defend them at the slightest hint of criticism, even when there isn't any?

However, like it or not, a sponsor is part of a club's image these days. There will obviously also be more chance of a bigger fee from a bigger company so it does matter. 

calm down wee man calm down!! No need to get your knickers in a twist. 

FYI my response was not in respect of yours it was regarding cagey and Gary davidson comments. 

Guest ScottMann

calm down wee man calm down!! No need to get your knickers in a twist. 

FYI my response was not in respect of yours it was regarding cagey and Gary davidson comments. 

Perfectly calm and my underwear is in perfect order thank you.

Far from perfect it may be but might be better to use the quote facility when replying to specific posts as coming straight after mine it looked as if that was the one being replied to.

Perfectly calm and my underwear is in perfect order thank you.

Far from perfect it may be but might be better to use the quote facility when replying to specific posts as coming straight after mine it looked as if that was the one being replied to.

Would have but yours was actually posted at the same time. 

Guest ScottMann

You, ScottMann and myself are all in agreement.

It would appear so!

Would have but yours was actually posted at the same time. 

I shall forgive you then! :cool:

What was the name of the guy that used to be general manager that we all hated for moving us over to main stand.

He used to get us high profile sponsors like HE, Famous Grouse & Bonor amongst others. Not the dross we have had over the past 5 or 6 seasons.

IMO is does matter what name is on the strip for many reasons like finance status etc.

Edited by Cagey

What was the name of the guy that used to be general manager that we all hated for moving us over to main stand.

He used to get us high profile sponsors like HE, Famous Grouse & Bonor amongst others. Not the dross we have had over the past 5 or 6 seasons.

IMO is does matter what name is on the strip for many reasons like finance status etc.

what is the guy Lister that went away to raith rovers  or are you meaning stuart duff

then get out of yer skull. I would

go on have a beer and bring some cheer.

as for the shirt sponsors don't be a bam have a dram

SFL good idea but can't unfortunately and anyway don't drink. 

Guest ScottMann

Stewart Duff I think you mean. In fairness, the economic climate is a heck of a lot different to when he was at Saints...not that is an excuse for our poor coverage affecting us.

TBF when we got those sponsors it was the advent of shirt deals and perhaps seen as more marque than these days....

i reckon smaller clubs will drop main shirt sponsors, in time, and go for more partnerships. For instance, selling the rights to the away end (north stand?) or the east stand. These can be sold year in year out and i'd reckon the money generated could compete with a shirt deal (£50k?)

BELLS, DEWARS of Famous Grouse ought to get their name on the shirt mind...they should be connecting with the club and the town..... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ST JOHNSTONE  KITS ON SALE >>>>  https://bitly.com/stjohnstone-clearance
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by MySpazz

TBF when we got those sponsors it was the advent of shirt deals and perhaps seen as more marque than these days....

i reckon smaller clubs will drop main shirt sponsors, in time, and go for more partnerships. For instance, selling the rights to the away end (north stand?) or the east stand. These can be sold year in year out and i'd reckon the money generated could compete with a shirt deal (£50k?)

BELLS, DEWARS of Famous Grouse ought to get their name on the shirt mind...they should be connecting with the club and the town..... 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunatly the whiskey companies no longer have many links with Perth.

Guest ScottMann

For instance, selling the rights to the away end (north stand?) or the east stand. These can be sold year in year out and i'd reckon the money generated could compete with a shirt deal (£50k?)

I don't think that'd really work for the same reason's a lot of renaming grounds doesn't. The stands are too established as the North and East to be known as anything else, especially if it changes frequently. The only name change that'd work imho is if eg the East became the Tommy Wright Stand or another name that was close to Saints fans hearts.

The change on the shirts, and kit in general, I'd envisage would be a move to more sponsors at a smaller cost to each.

I don't think that'd really work for the same reason's a lot of renaming grounds doesn't. The stands are too established as the North and East to be known as anything else, especially if it changes frequently. The only name change that'd work imho is if eg the East became the Tommy Wright Stand or another name that was close to Saints fans hearts.

The change on the shirts, and kit in general, I'd envisage would be a move to more sponsors at a smaller cost to each.

Renaming stands does work. The reinforcement of the name  would seep into the venacular of folk going to the ground. I am on the gate at a club in League One england with one of the terraces changing names every year. It soon gets recognized by the new name, and it's more conversational because people repeat it week in week out. We will note the shirt sponsor once....when it is revealed then not give a hoot. No one will make mention of it thereafter. Whereas naming a stand means that name (brand) gets repeated in various media throughout the year, and by 1000s of people who will mention where they sit, or will be sitting etc. It's a new thing, should have. Tommy Wright stand ...nah, name a suite after him. Sell the naming rights the stands - not the ground.

As for sponsorship..... anyone but Megabus..... or as East Fife do, where they choose a sponsor via  lottery (local firms put in 1000 to be in the draw) - they got around 25 firms this year. Not bad!

Edited by MySpazz