London Attack

Fair Maid

I was in a taxi headed for Pall Mall. Arrived at the Waterloo end of the bridge just as it was kicking off and the polis were showing up. Got out and walked back to Embankment, and took Shank's pony across the footbridge. Main issue was no-one seemed to know what was happening. Glad I didn't arrive 10 mins earlier.

Everything back to normal.

Means that parts of ma heid and shoulders will be somwhere in random tourist photos..

BTW interesting story being circulated today..... that armed gendarmes at the Parly entry points were replaced following complaints from our elected members that..... they were "too intimidating".

I can't get used to the idea of the Polis being routinely armed like they are in the States. But I do reckon they should be armed at places like Parly. Having one or two at airports, stations etc. as a visible deterrent is OK. But your local plod with an S&W (or worse, an H&K) would mean the terrorists had won.

I can't get used to the idea of the Polis being routinely armed like they are in the States. But I do reckon they should be armed at places like Parly. Having one or two at airports, stations etc. as a visible deterrent is OK. But your local plod with an S&W (or worse, an H&K) would mean the terrorists had won.

I agree.  

• 2 months later...