Scottish cup 4th round draw Monday 4.45

Cagey

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Clark, Scougall and McMillan all picked up knocks today that makes them massive doubts for Monday. Tanser I assume also a doubt due to his injury.

Foster, Easton, Paton and Muzz all missing aswell, I think.

We're quickly running out of players.

Same old same old Today. Tommy has been to loyal to some players. McLean, Ando, Liam, Past sell by date. He needs to freshen team badly, if no signings in before window shuts, he has to give younger blood a try. My team for Monday would be ( assuming all fit).    

Mannus

Comrie.     Kerr.        Gordon.      Tanser

Alston.       Muzz.     Scougal     McLean (Kyle)

Kane      Mcmillan

At least six changes I think were the words of the manager on Saints TV after the game. Millar won't manage two games in three days so he was always going to be one but could well be telling who else is left out.

Wright's comments are as harsh as any I can remember since Derek McInnes after the Scottish Cup semi-final defeat to Motherwell. He was true to his word about big changes, will TW be?

The three main candidates for the chop have to be Anderson, Craig and MacLean. I still remember the horrible situation of Nick Dasovic getting booed towards the end of his time with Saints and it'd be a travesty if three heroes like the aforementioned were in a similar boat. It's already sad to see opposition fans being glad to see Anderson's name in the starting eleven.

I suppose the next question is who comes in? The young centre backs? Alston? McClean? Certainly going to be an interesting evening, even before considering the venue and opposition.

2 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

At least six changes I think were the words of the manager on Saints TV after the game. Millar won't manage two games in three days so he was always going to be one but could well be telling who else is left out.

Wright's comments are as harsh as any I can remember since Derek McInnes after the Scottish Cup semi-final defeat to Motherwell. He was true to his word about big changes, will TW be?

The three main candidates for the chop have to be Anderson, Craig and MacLean. I still remember the horrible situation of Nick Dasovic getting booed towards the end of his time with Saints and it'd be a travesty if three heroes like the aforementioned were in a similar boat. It's already sad to see opposition fans being glad to see Anderson's name in the starting eleven.

I suppose the next question is who comes in? The young centre backs? Alston? McClean? Certainly going to be an interesting evening, even before considering the venue and opposition.

Have we got enough midfielders fit to leave Craig out? Anderson definitely needs dropped, as does MacLean, both have zero confidence. Anderson getting cheered by Thistle fans, and Macca getting torrents of abuse from Saints fans, isn't what they deserve. 

I think we'll put on a good professional performance and win 4-1 or so.

The players will run over to the front of the Saints fans as they sing their delight and give a massive **** you gesture. **** you, after all we've given you, you shower of ungrateful cunts. 

I could be completely wrong, of course, and it might be a close fought battle.

Paton and Davidson have served their bans, which were for the league only in any case. Foster is still suspended. Other that Watson for Comrie, I thought yesterday's team was pretty predictable and wonder if, even having threatening so many changes, much will come as a surprise? Depending on Clark's injury, I'm expecting this team:

Clark/Mannus

Watson - Shaughnessy - Kerr - Comrie

Alston - Paton - Davidson - Wotherspoon

Johnstone - Kane

Subbies: Mannus/Hurst, Anderson, Gordon, Craig, McClean, Scougall/Millar, MacLean.

He might of had an idea to change it up for the cup anyway. Thumping from Thistle probably just confirmed his thought.   Let's see how many changes do indeed keep their spot come the weekend. And the following league games.  Time will tell whether the team spirit and confidence is to gel or simply fall apart to utter collapse and dressing room divides.

If Shaughnessy doesn't make the game, it's a huge statement if the manager goes with Gordon and Kerr ahead of Anderson. Is it inconceivable that one of the U20 wingers plays ahead of Craig if Scougall and Wotherspoon are out? The Development League game at 2:00pm will answer that question. Kane could play wide (certainly not advocating it) but it would mean either MacLean playing two games in three days or Hurst coming in from the cold. I suppose he could play out wide too.