Player contracts and transfers

David123

I knew as soon as the ball broke to Mcginn it was a goal. How that whole move can be blamed all on Mannus is ridiculous. One hesitation.  Let's get rid, I, quality!! 

He was not the only one to blame yesterday & Spoony put in a half hearted attempt to tackle McGinn but is not just on that goal , even though it was a major contribution to our losing the gamegame. It is the fact he has been poor all season & I think you would struggle to a save that has gained us a point this season. In that context goalies are as important as strikers.

He didnt "make"  a save i can think of. He stopped a Cummings shot hit right at him which he then spilled and got bailed out of by his defence.

He also almost cost us a goal by punching a clearance into a defenders chest (somehow) that needed cleared off the line.

Hes a good keeper, but the faults are getting more and more common with him and the defence has lost confidence

Edited by RandomGuy

We don't need a big clear out, it's just a few fringe players that could be moved on to bring in fresh faces.  It's the same squad that had us on the verge of going third and people saying how great a squad we had!!

I'd move on:

Fisher

Caddis or Brown - move on one or both if TW doesn't think they will make an impact or get a chance

Lappin or Craig - quite similar in positions can play. Probably keep Craig out the two as he's more consistent

Sutton - not worked out here, and Cummins seems to have more of an all round game

bring in a central midfielder and a wide left player.  If we can fix Brad Mckays head then let's see him at RB after his loan spell with Dave as cover for there and CB.

We don't need a big clear out, it's just a few fringe players that could be moved on to bring in fresh faces.  It's the same squad that had us on the verge of going third and people saying how great a squad we had!!

I'd move on:

Fisher

Caddis or Brown - move on one or both if TW doesn't think they will make an impact or get a chance

Lappin or Craig - quite similar in positions can play. Probably keep Craig out the two as he's more consistent

Sutton - not worked out here, and Cummins seems to have more of an all round game

bring in a central midfielder and a wide left player.  If we can fix Brad Mckays head then let's see him at RB after his loan spell with Dave as cover for there and CB.

Pretty much agree with all of that.  It's hard to comprehend what has went so wrong from when we were pushing for 3rd place to where we are now. Some of our most consistent players of last season like Easton have went off the boil, be it through injury or confidence. Two or three decent signings in the summer and some of the youngsters pushing for a starting place next season could see us in good shape. I'd be more worried if we were in or around the play off place. 

Hes just a shite Muzz, Ian McShane is far better IMO.

Frustrates me that over the last two Summers we could've signed the likes of Paul McGinn, Ian McShane and Gavin Reilly. All three are good on the ball, have plenty of energy and pace and are all young enough to make us money/build a team with. Instead we signed Simon Lappin and John Sutton.

Hes just a shite Muzz, Ian McShane is far better IMO.

Frustrates me that over the last two Summers we could've signed the likes of Paul McGinn, Ian McShane and Gavin Reilly. All three are good on the ball, have plenty of energy and pace and are all young enough to make us money/build a team with. Instead we signed Simon Lappin and John Sutton.

random

mcginn bigger team and more money. 

Reilly bigger team and more money

mcshane more money. 

Also their managers Will play younger players. So even forgetting about the cash where would you go?