Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

Happy to keep MOH for another year. He can sometimes make a decent impact off the bench.

He can also be an uninterested waste of a jersey when in from the start.

He’s started committing these stupid fouls  which he’s not cut out despite the reds. 

CD was talking him up pre-season and he was undoubtedly a big part of the 3-4-3 formation. 

In fact, I’m probably 50/50.

32 minutes ago, Brian Potter said:

Happy to keep MOH for another year. He can sometimes make a decent impact off the bench.

He can also be an uninterested waste of a jersey when in from the start.

He’s started committing these stupid fouls  which he’s not cut out despite the reds. 

CD was talking him up pre-season and he was undoubtedly a big part of the 3-4-3 formation. 

In fact, I’m probably 50/50.

Mikey,Bryson, Conway are in the same boat. Non of them are going to play every week & at their age they need to play regular.

All down to players , as Saints will not pay top whack for squad players that might get 20 mins in some games.

I would hope we could bring in a couple of younger midfielders that would give Craig & Muzz a rest & run for their money.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

as he goes past 30 years old his pace isn't going to be what it was.

I have not seen him slow up, as his goal against Kilmarnock proves. Linford Christie was over 32 when he won gold at the Olympics. O'Halloran seems to be very professional as far as training and fitness are concerned, so I can see him keep his pace for the next 2 years. The stumbling block to signing may be his age as at 30, he will be looking for a contract of at least 2 years, I do not believe he will sign a 1 year contract.

18 minutes ago, Linky said:

I think it's time to let him go. Would like to see if we could bring Drey Wright back (on loan?) instead. I wonder if we've offered a contract.

Doesn't Wright have another year left on his contract? The Hibs fans I know would drive him to Perth.

Sure he had a good bit out injured as well. Not one I would be after.

Edited by garydavidson

I liked Drey Wright and thought he was a terrific player in terms of entertainment and work rate; however, his stats spoke for themselves and the likes of Craig Conway have proven that whilst you're not necessarily a better player you can contribute more. 

He's also not played a lot of football recently and appears to have put on some weight, so it's a no from me. If we're after an ex winger, I'd be looking at Kennedy over Wright and even then I'm not sure I'd want him.

Well I think MOH will be on the bench and probably come on against St Mirren. Its a really poor move to link players with opposition so close to an important game, hate that sort of stuff whoever started it. 

He probably would be a decent fit for St Mirren if not at Saints.

36 minutes ago, Linky said:

He's certainly not the answer to everything, but if he can be brought in on a cheap loan from Hibs, I'd say he's certainly an upgrade on Conway and MOH, even if only due to age.

If you look at the stats he isn't an upgrade, especially in an attacking or injury free sense. What makes him an upgrade for you?

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

If you look at the stats he isn't an upgrade, especially in an attacking or injury free sense. What makes him an upgrade for you?

Haven't looked at the stats, would be interested to see them. Always seemed decent enough, which presumably is why Hibs took him. Conway is too old for another year contract (at the end of next season he'll be 37). MOH is too inconsistent and - as I said at the start of the season - I think he's only useful for us as an impact sub due to his pace, when defences are tiring.

I always liked Drey Wright and wouldn't complain at all if he came back here. He'd be able to play in either the Rooney position or the Conway position, and I think he has the work ethic to fit in well in Callum's set up.

Can't see it happening though. Wouldn't be surprised if Tommy tires to take him to Killie.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I always liked Drey Wright and wouldn't complain at all if he came back here. He'd be able to play in either the Rooney position or the Conway position, and I think he has the work ethic to fit in well in Callum's set up.

Can't see it happening though. Wouldn't be surprised if Tommy tires to take him to Killie.

2 previous cruciate injuries if I’m not mistaken. Would be surprised to see him playing on artificial grass that often. 

Especially given how Tommy treated our players at those grounds. 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

2 previous cruciate injuries if I’m not mistaken. Would be surprised to see him playing on artificial grass that often. 

Especially given how Tommy treated our players at those grounds. 

He appears to have revaluated his opinions.

Meanwhile, Goodwin confirmed that Michael O'Halloran, the 30-year-old winger out of contract with St Johnstone this summer, is a player that interests him but is on a list of "50-60" potential targets. (BBC)

Good scouting system if he has 50-60 potential targets 

From BBC

Bolton Wanderers, who are closing in on promotion from England's League Two, are eyeing a move for Kilmarnock forward Greg Kiltie, but the Ayrshire side's Premiership rivals, St Johnstone, also have the 24-year-old on their radar. (Daily Record)

Manager Callum Davidson fears that St Johnstone could be "out-priced" in their bid to keep 28-year-old striker Guy Melamed this summer - and that there could be a "no-brainer" offer to part with 21-year-old midfielder Ali McCann. (The Courier)

St Johnstone have offered Israeli striker Guy Melamed, who has scored seven goals in 14 starts, a "very good contract" to extend his stay in Perth, according to manager Callum Davidson. (The Herald)

1 minute ago, Johnny B said:

Can not find the stat How many games has MOH started this season the one I found included coming off of the bench. I am sure Random will know. I do not think it has been many.

He has started 14 games, playing 90 minutes 8 times. He has also made 14 appearances from the bench plus an unused sub in 8 games. He has two goals in those games. I don't have any stats for assists or chances created etc.