Hearts V St.Johnstone Tuesday 18th January

R.B.B:- Adz

Cant be too surprised at getting beat from Hearts who have a decent team, third in the league and desire to compete with the OF. Whats disappointing is we probably matched them 1st half and as soon as we lost a poor goal so early in the 2nd half we were done. Quite annoyed with how we lost the ball and were all out of position for the 1st. The punt over to the right leaving the left so exposed was just awful, we never looked like winning that on the right. The pass to Ginelly must have been inch perfect, would have liked to see a line across the screen on Sportscene to show he wasnt offside, it looked tight but we were never winning that race.

4 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I spent about 18 months thinking you were Rik :razz:

All he does is moan about saints . I n fact he’s not alone . The majority haven’t really seen tough times . Get rid of Callum and we might just end up like Falkirk , Dunfermline or Airdrie . 
   Remember them saying Callum was the cheap option . The guy has been involved in us winning our only silverware. Cheap option right enough :P

2 hours ago, Evansabove said:

All he does is moan about saints . I n fact he’s not alone . The majority haven’t really seen tough times . Get rid of Callum and we might just end up like Falkirk , Dunfermline or Airdrie . 
   Remember them saying Callum was the cheap option . The guy has been involved in us winning our only silverware. Cheap option right enough :P

Times change though. We are where we are. One defeat away from our worst run since the seventies, never mind the eighties. 

6 hours ago, Evansabove said:

How did the top scorer in the league get on last night …….. did he even get on ? 

Signed late on Monday had only a light training session with the team, so understandably started on the bench.  Got half an hour, looked good when he came on, will be astonished if he does not start the next few games. 

49 minutes ago, Cagey said:

No word on why Rooney or Eetu were not in the squad last night.

The way this management team treat their fans is disgusting.

If it is covid then its possibly a privacy issue. Even with injuries there is a bit of that these days.  Ive never understood giving too much info on this, gives your opposition an idea early on what team you will put out. Maybe keeping Kelty guessing as well.

6 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Gilmour is not the answer the boy struggled out there and he is not ready to compete at this level. last season division 1 too big a leap. If he had been playing well in the Championship may be yes. Second goal McKay waltzed passed him (did not have the sense to pull him down and take one for the team) then he got in MOH way when he was chasing McKay down. MOH not without fault for the collision.

Where do we go from here down if we cannot keep clean sheets or score goals As was stated 2nd bottom is the best we can hope for.

Big question do we forget about the Scottish cup and concentrate on Dundee next Wednesday?

Gilmour struggled right enough but give the lad a wee break it was Ciftci who collided with MOH.

I don't think we should put too great an effort into going deep in the Cup but we should at least try to see off Kelty for no other reason than to break this terrible run of defeats.

Edited by south inch

1 hour ago, south inch said:

Gilmour struggled right enough but give the lad a wee break it was Ciftci who collided with MOH.

I don't think we should put too great an effort into going deep in the Cup but we should at least try to see off Kelty for no other reason than to break this terrible run of defeats.

He also came into a game while behind against a very decent side. 

2 hours ago, south inch said:

And to avoid embarrassment.

Close  to 500 away fans at this game. all gave great  support throughout match and thats not just the fcu dudes in attendance.

proper supporters.Braw 

We don’t need the negative bullshit .

Ktf  .whatever will be will be.

keep on supporting whatever the shortcomings.I thought that’s the point.

4 hours ago, slf said:

Close  to 500 away fans at this game. all gave great  support throughout match and thats not just the fcu dudes in attendance.

proper supporters.Braw 

We don’t need the negative bullshit .

Ktf  .whatever will be will be.

keep on supporting whatever the shortcomings.I thought that’s the point.

Through shite and muck ……. just some folk don’t like to dirty their strides every now and again . 

• 7 months later...