Livingston V St.Johnstone - February 1st

SaintJet

Can I say not only were the young team superb again last night but overall it was great that the majority of the support stuck with the team and really try to lift them in the last 15. Scenes at the end with fans and players was really good to see and it certainly seemed to mean something to a lot of the players.

Fair play to Hendry for helping with that too. He was really trying to gee the fans up in the second half. It would have been all too easy for him to come back and to an extent sulk but he has done the exact opposite and shown a superb fighting attitude that all the players need to emulate.

Still not confident about staying up but so much about last night was a huge improvement and if we continue with that spirit we will at least give ourselves a chance. 

4 hours ago, slambrother said:

Was just thinking despite the negativity around Crawford, that’s two absolutely vital goals he’s scored against Utd away and Livi last night.  Without them would prob be sitting on an even more measly 13 points.

Yeah I mentioned that when there was all the criticism of him that he had scored a couple of important goals. Players can go from heroes to villains and vice versa from week to week. If we had only drawn he would have been getting absolutely pelters on here or worse than he did. Hopefully people will lay off the guy a bit now and hopefully our top scorer gets a confidence boost from last night.

6 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

If McCart had fecked up for their goal like Cleary did and was skinned exactly the same a few minutes later by Forrest again would people be singing his praises?

Forrest would have skinned any of our defenders, he was by far their best player last night. Pretty sure he will be an important player for Livi for the rest of the season. He's gone from being told he could leave to being one of their best players.

Edited by Rob

18 hours ago, Rob said:

Forrest would have skinned any of our defenders, he was by far their best player last night. Pretty sure he will be an important player for Livi for the rest of the season. He's gone from being told he could leave to being one of their best players.

I've no idea how Forrest normally plays but it felt like he was guaranteed to raise his game against us after all the stuff about us trying to sign him. If we stay up I wonder if we might make another attempt to bring him here.

11 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I've no idea how Forrest normally plays but it felt like he was guaranteed to raise his game against us after all the stuff about us trying to sign him. If we stay up I wonder if we might make another attempt to bring him here.

I wondered if our interested maybe alerted a club down south and the money was better? 

9 hours ago, blueheaven said:

They were happy to sell him as he is inconsistent. He has now had 2 good games on the trot and that could be him for the season again.