Livingston V St.Johnstone - February 1st

SaintJet

More encouraging tonight with a lot more bite about our performance. My main bugbear was one some sloppy passing when we had real chances to break. Crawford was a culprit but so was Butterfield. 

We so need to build on this but we should take encouragement from the fact that only Halberg and in the final stages Mahon of the new signings appeared tonight. Six or even four points from the next two games would change our position so much.

New defenders look good and Cleary certainly adds an attacking dimension.

1 minute ago, sideline said:

More encouraging tonight with a lot more bite about our performance. My main bugbear was one some sloppy passing when we had real chances to break. Crawford was a culprit but so was Butterfield. 

We so need to build on this but we should take encouragement from the fact that only Halberg and in the final stages Mahon of the new signings appeared tonight. Six or even four points from the next two games would change our position so much.

Master stroke by CD. Bring in 8 new players as a kick up the arse for team.

4 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Apparently Gordon was injured. Went straight up the tunnel when he went off. Mahon was rock solid though. Both him and Cleary look like good signings. 

Liked what he said when announced. He is a confident guy and with him and Cleary alongside Gordon things are looking up. McCart better tonight as well. Jason might not be missed so much.

36 minutes ago, john.w said:

Beeb giving Mahon player of the match

Last time I looked it was by a country mile but that’s the fans vote on the site.  BBC gave it to Forrest. Fotmob gave it to Hendry, with Crawford a close second and McCart just behind. 

Edited by Saintdunc

1 hour ago, sideline said:

I thought Butterfield was superb, again. And Crawford scored the winner. 

Great win. Onto the next one.

3 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Lost my Mum couple of weeks ago, and as Middleton picked up the ball i said to myself "mon saints do this for oor maw" - great sentimental value that, cos bang - crawford answered my prayers!!!! MON THE SAINTS

Hugs mucka 

Keep the blue flag flying high 

Think that goal was for all your relations connected to the club :wub:

That was so good.

Someone mentioned earlier; "I forgot what is was like to get a win."

We need to really build on this result and try and get some points over the next couple of games to see what our realistic objectives can be. At the moment I'd take a chance in the play off but if we can squeeze those just above us we might just save us that scenario.

43 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

If McCart had fecked up for their goal like Cleary did and was skinned exactly the same a few minutes later by Forrest again would people be singing his praises?

Let's just see about Cleary as he's obviously still adjusting to the league. If he gets skinned every week and doesn't learn then it's a different story. 

McCart gets it tight due to the fact he's failed massively to meet his high standards of last season.

The performance was so much better. Not great, but better. There was still a lot of wayward passing - Butterfield and Crawford mainly - and McCart is still hitting those aimless long balls. The key thing is that we played far further up the pitch. We still missed Wotherspoon as Booth started playing some nice passing as of old, but Crawford just doesn't have the same movement as Wotherspoon so they often didn't come off. Cleary is an interesting one, exciting going forward but can make a few mistakes at the back. The energy levels were much better than they have been for a while. 

I imagine, once all the players are up to speed, we'll see Bair instead of May, and perhaps Sang instead of Brown (if Rooney is still out). Any idea where Kane was? 

Big improvement last night and it's really given me a glimmer of hope. Feels like there's been a real shift in attitude, and even though the football was at times poor, we suddenly seemed to be pressing the opponents, winning 50-50s and pushing forward like we did last season. Cleary, Hallberg and Hendry made a big impact and I'm also really pleased for Middleton who seemed to click back into his old self when he got down the wing to send in the cross for the winner. That goal should do Crawford's confidence the world of good too.

Hendry in particular seemed massively up for it and it's fantastic to see that attitude from a player whose career here had looked like it was over. If he carries on playing like this he's surely going to be on course for a contract offer.