Callum away

saintgscot

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

I think MacLean is only in charge as someone needs to take training etc.

i dont think hes the plan until the Summer

That's how I interpreted it too.

Personally I'd have expected Macca and Cleland to take control jointly in the interim. Cleland has done it several times before and seems a safe pair of hands in the circumstances. Macca has less experience and for us fans he's a bit more of an unknown quantity.

Regardless, I think the permanent appointment needs to happen ASAP to give the new manager as much time as possible to figure out how they plan on sorting out our mess of a squad.

But for now I just feel relieved that the club has finally made this change, and done it while there's still a bit of time. Wish Callum all the best and I'm sure he'll find another role without too much bother, but I'm not convinced he was ever really the right person for the job.

Thank **** we won't have to listen to anymore rambling , mumbling , embarrassing, repetitive interviews with Davidson.

Shame for the guy though as I loved him as a left back and wanted him as manager but has been obvious for 2 seasons now that he is not cut out to be a manager. Good number 2 for some reason.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I hope so. 

New man before Hibs hopefully, and that gives fresh ideas and everything a boost.

MacLean is unlikely to do anything revolutionary.

I hope he hasn’t inherited the negative tactics from CD, I wonder if he will bring Etu back into the mix?

Good move for all parties.

Things were never going to improve at Saints whilst Davidson was in charge. I hope that he can reflect on the past two seasons and go on to be a success elsewhere. Its not been enjoyable to watch someone that has done so much for our club struggle over the past couple of years.

18 hours ago, pezza70 said:

I hope he hasn’t inherited the negative tactics from CD, I wonder if he will bring Etu back into the mix?

I thought we couldn't bring loan players back outside a transfer window? Or does that change if the loaning club's league season has finished?

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I thought we couldn't bring loan players back outside a transfer window? Or does that change if the loaning club's league season has finished?

Maybe we can bring back Max , Crawford , Mikey and Fergi after the rest of Scottish leagues finish on 5 th of May unless they are involved in play offs.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I’m only guessing but as his parent club if there season is over, I would presume we are still paying his wages?

im no expert on these matters so more then likely I am wrong g as per usual.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Id guess he burned all his bridges with his interview the other month, even if it was directed at Davidson rather than the club.

Hopefully a club would see that interview as a player just venting and is disappointed about not playing, I didn’t take that as the old two finger salute to management, but that’s how I read it as.