Maksym Kucheryavyi

SaintPeter91

depends on how he is utilised - if he's good enough to be in the team, he's good enough to use to his full potential IMO.  Potentially the best corner taker we've had since Sheerin I reckon, but I worry that responsibility will lie with the 'senior pros' in the team.  Decades of corners floated to the 18 yard line... does my head in.  When wee Max was at Brechin, they scored barrel loads of goals from his corners and free kick deliveries.  He scored some belters of direct free kicks too.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy said:

Sink or swim season for him, he needs to contribute goals/assists regularly.

Unfair, I think 

He certainly needs to learn whats expected of him in the top flight.

Has been thrown in to sides lately packed with youth and underperforming seniors, and hasn't looked the worse player on show.

If the squad doesn't dramatically improve, can't really write him off at this young ageif he doesn't shine in a sea of turds.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Sink or swim season for him, he needs to contribute goals/assists regularly.

Seriously?!?!?? Miles off Macca’s expectations if you ask me. This is the season that he will be eased into the squad with a view to him coming a more prominent player next season.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

7 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Seriously?!?!?? Miles off Macca’s expectations if you ask me. This is the season that he will be eased into the squad with a view to him coming a more prominent player next season.

We waist so much on carrying lightweight players..... wonder how much was blown on Bair and so many like him. It's always so obvious.

Another loan to the Championship, even if for six months, would be my preferred choice for him this season. Can’t see us being in a position to allow that to happen though. Turned 21 in May and only played 68 games, with around half of those in the Highland League and League Two. Big ask of him to come into a (struggling) Premiership side and be one of the main creative outlets. 

1 hour ago, St. Paddy said:

Unfair, I think 

He certainly needs to learn whats expected of him in the top flight.

Has been thrown in to sides lately packed with youth and underperforming seniors, and hasn't looked the worse player on show.

If the squad doesn't dramatically improve, can't really write him off at this young ageif he doesn't shine in a sea of turds.

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Any other season id agree with both, but this season we can't have passengers.

Senior players and youth need to step up if theyre to be playing regularly.

I'm a big fan of gteenhousing young lads, and think maybe max's development was stunted by wasting a spell in Highland league when he should have been league one, and another spell at Falkirk where he should have been championship.

But to now throw him out with the bath water because the squad structure is awry?  Another loan, or impact player at best.if forced to play him, we have to expect mistakes, inexperience and hesitancy, unless he is surrounded by pro's protecting and supporting him.

13 minutes ago, St. Paddy said:

I'm a big fan of gteenhousing young lads, and think maybe max's development was stunted by wasting a spell in Highland league when he should have been league one, and another spell at Falkirk where he should have been championship.

But to now throw him out with the bath water because the squad structure is awry?  Another loan, or impact player at best.if forced to play him, we have to expect mistakes, inexperience and hesitancy, unless he is surrounded by pro's protecting and supporting him.

At what point do you stop treating them a kid though?

He turns 22 this season and Ali McCann is only 2 years older than him, hes not some 17yo.

If he wants to be a top flight attacking midfielder he needs to prove it.

Just now, RandomGuy said:

At what point do you stop treating them a kid though?

He turns 22 this season and Ali McCann is only 2 years older than him, hes not some 17yo.

If he wants to be a top flight attacking midfielder he needs to prove it.

Stop comparing him to other players is a good start. He will never be as good as Ali McCann - 90% of the youth players that we produce will never be as good as Ali McCann. If we had 11 players of Ali McCann’s quality when he was 21 we’d challenge Rangers and Celtic for the league.

He’s just turned 21, he’s a kid, he will improve over this season and shouldn’t be expected to boss a midfield at that age.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Ali McCann came into a performing side and was able to improve his game.

Max has played at too low a level for his perceived talent, and is now coming into a shitshow.

Does he have potential? I think so.

Is it unfair to throw him out of the club if he doesn't achieve it this year? I think so, to.

In an ideal world, I would loan him out again, but if we are relying on inexperienced (at this level) kids coming in, he looks like one of the better options, and maybe needs a kid gloves approach we don't have time to adopt, which isn't his fault

3 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Stop comparing him to other players is a good start. He will never be as good as Ali McCann - 90% of the youth players that we produce will never be as good as Ali McCann. If we had 11 players of Ali McCann’s quality when he was 21 we’d challenge Rangers and Celtic for the league.

He’s just turned 21, he’s a kid, he will improve over this season and shouldn’t be expected to boss a midfield at that age.

Im not expecting him to "boss" anything, im just expecting him to hit double figures in terms of goals+assists if he wants to be first choice for us this season. That's the same as i expect from Carey and Wright and May, who are also the ones looked at for final 3rd stuff.

I dont agree we should accept him not contributing anything tangible because hes young, hes not by modern standards.

3 minutes ago, St. Paddy said:

Ali McCann came into a performing side and was able to improve his game.

Max has played at too low a level for his perceived talent, and is now coming into a shitshow.

Does he have potential? I think so.

Is it unfair to throw him out of the club if he doesn't achieve it this year? I think so, to.

In an ideal world, I would loan him out again, but if we are relying on inexperienced (at this level) kids coming in, he looks like one of the better options, and maybe needs a kid gloves approach we don't have time to adopt, which isn't his fault

McCanns debut was a 7-0 loss to Celtic wasnt it? And we were horrendous that season to start with.

Im not saying we punt him, just that if he doesnt hit those targets then he cant play regularly for us.

In a small squad hes going to be playing regularly, so we need him to reach those targets.

Not his fault to have that pressure, and its unfair, but thats football. Sometimes youre just chucked in and its sink or swim, so what have you got about you?

Edited by RandomGuy

4 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Another loan to the Championship, even if for six months, would be my preferred choice for him this season. Can’t see us being in a position to allow that to happen though. Turned 21 in May and only played 68 games, with around half of those in the Highland League and League Two. Big ask of him to come into a (struggling) Premiership side and be one of the main creative outlets. 

I think Max was disappointed that he got loaned out last season as he thought he had done ok at the beginning of last season. If he gets loaned out again I think it will be the last we see of Max.

I don't see him playing every week but with being light on bodies I think will at least be on the bench. If he is played it has to be CM as he is not a winger.