Hearts v St.Johnstone - 25th November

R.B.B:- Adz

9 hours ago, dave mc said:

Clark out for up to 8 weeks, bad news indeed 

That's such a huge blow, he's looked fantastic since he came back.

Huge opportunity for both May and Jephcott to stake their claims now, though I suspect we'll see Kane starting up front on his own for the next couple of games anyway.

Wonder if Clark's injury might give the club a nudge on extending Kane's contract beyond the end of the year.

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

That's such a huge blow, he's looked fantastic since he came back.

Huge opportunity for both May and Jephcott to stake their claims now, though I suspect we'll see Kane starting up front on his own for the next couple of games anyway.

Wonder if Clark's injury might give the club a nudge on extending Kane's contract beyond the end of the year.

Regardless if Clark is back or not I would hope that we would give Kane a new contract.

He is not a big goalscorer but he wins headers , holds up play to allow support and wins loads of free kicks , depending on the ref. He was given a few against Motherwell but none against County.

Injuries are part of the game but the question is why are we having so many?  Is it down to the players not being warmed up in a way which works with their injury history rather than plain bad luck?  A one size warm-up doesn't fit everyone.  

As for the games to come I hope Levein will see we have no player capable of being a lone striker.  The team plays far better with two.  Two press higher relieving the pressure on the back line.  They provide more options for the midfield to find.  

The league so far is showing there is little difference in the standards between teams.  Playing to our strengths rather than being negative will overall be far better points wise for us.  

Two changes to the team, Jepchott for Clark and Sprangler for Brown. 

I hope Phillips attitude on Saturday was the result of Levein or Kirk saying controlled aggression not unbridled aggression and will continue so bookings will reduce.  

McGowan seemed to help Gordon a lot.  Long may it continue.

Let's hope those Levein wants to take a look in Thursday's bounce game take it seriously and force themselves into contention.  

On 11/13/2023 at 9:23 PM, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Tickets go on sale for this tomorrow…

Initially to season ticket holders and then general sale if they don’t sell out.

Levein’s return to Tynecastle should be interesting if nothing else. Would really put some noses out of joint if we went there and beat them.

IMG_3195.jpeg

Away tickets sold out! The message from the Official Site is they are waiting on further allocation of tickets.

Is there any realistic chance that more will become available?

7 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Away tickets sold out! The message from the Official Site is they are waiting on further allocation of tickets.

Only tickets they'd get would be for the front part of the away section we have. They cant allocate that to home fans so dont see why we wouldn't get those tickets. 

15 hours ago, SaintJet said:

Celtic didn’t and their fans complained the felt unsafe in such a small number. Wish we could do that to them as well.

What team would people pick for this one? With Clark injured I reckon we'll see Kane starting up front on his own for this game and the Celtic game, and I'm OK with that for these types of fixtures. It would allow us to play all of our strongest central midfielders at the same time, and hopefully also give Smith and Carey a bit of freedom to get forward in support. Would also hopefully make us hard to break down in defence. I'm thinking something like:

________________Mitov

___McGowan Gordon Considine

Brown Phillips Sprangler Robinson

___________Smith Carey

_______________Kane

While I think you may very well be right, I hope we go two up front.  Hearts are not playing well and we have to try and be positive, put them under pressure.  I've seen nothing regarding the bounce game that Levein wished to see players he was unaware off.  Hopefully some have given his a problem by trying to force themselves into contention.  

If one up front, I'd change Brown for someone with pace to help our attack.