January Transfer Window

pezza70

8 hours ago, Gekko said:

Grady McGrath will be an interesting one if it happens.

I presume this would be Levein's project player.

Moving up such a large distance in quality hasn't always worked out for our players.

Remember the free scoring George Hunter?

St Johnstone: Club secure young striker George Hunter - BBC Sport

Playing for Musselburgh now apparently.

Unrelated, but what happened to our highly rated youngster from Shetland?

It was a big story at the time, but I can't seem to remember anything being mentioned about him since.

Finn Regan?

Seems to be Stirling University now.

McGrath is older and vastly more experienced than Regan or Hunter. I dont think he'd be anything more than 4th choice, confident goalscorer, off the bench for us.

Robinsons an absolute certainty to sign for Hibs in 6 months. 

Arguably our best player this season? Yet i still didnt think he was what we needed at LWB as he couldnt beat a man 1v1. Preferred him at LCB tbh as it gave you someone getting forward from there. Hope that logic makes sense.

Left side of defence will almost definitely be one of the areas where one of the "3 deals almost done" will be, you'd hope.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Hes been playing LCB for their youth side so guess so.

Not a huge fan of this deal as he looks very, very, raw.

As did Robinson when he arrived. (As did olefunwa and costelloe, so what do I know....)

Do we need a dubery-esque signing?  Or are considine, McGowan, and Gordon enough?

On 12/29/2023 at 10:01 PM, Gekko said:

Unrelated, but what happened to our highly rated youngster from Shetland?

It was a big story at the time, but I can't seem to remember anything being mentioned about him since.

22 hours ago, double deluxe said:

Left us for Dundee United a year or two ago.

According to the stories he moved from Saints to Brechin - signed by Kirk. 

https://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/p/n/2802
"Spencer progressed through the ranks at McDiarmid Park and shortly after penning a full-time professional contract, he was named on the bench for Saints' Europa League match against Galatasaray in Turkey.

The youngster also gained valuable experience with loan spells at League Two outfits Forfar Athletic and Stenhousemuir last season.

Manager Andy Kirk commented, "Spencer joins us after leaving St Johnstone in the summer. I worked with him for a week during the PFA exit trials and invited him to train with us during pre-season where he also played as a trialist against Arbroath last week."

Edited by garydavidson

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

According to the stories he moved from Saints to Brechin - signed by Kirk. 

https://www.brechincity.com/bcfc/p/n/2802
"Spencer progressed through the ranks at McDiarmid Park and shortly after penning a full-time professional contract, he was named on the bench for Saints' Europa League match against Galatasaray in Turkey.

The youngster also gained valuable experience with loan spells at League Two outfits Forfar Athletic and Stenhousemuir last season.

Manager Andy Kirk commented, "Spencer joins us after leaving St Johnstone in the summer. I worked with him for a week during the PFA exit trials and invited him to train with us during pre-season where he also played as a trialist against Arbroath last week."

Wrong player, his name is Finn Regan

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Apparently Booth and Costelloe are out already too.

That's a real shame about Booth and injuries have really robbed him. He's a permanent part of Saints history now though.

Costelloe won't be missed.