January Transfer Window

pezza70

8 minutes ago, tucker said:

Biggest issue as per usual is  we let very good players either leave for nothing or well below value.

Dan Phillips is the next prime example.not a chance he's resigning.another outstanding player going for nothing.

It'll be the usual we're in discussions but that ship has sailed.

But chucked out long term contracts to those with no resale value.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

I wondered if hes been told he needs to score more by Levein to get a new deal, and thats why he was so desperate to take the penalty?

I thought that too.  Don't know of scoring on the rebound would help his cause.  Levein expected Carey to take the kick and praised him for not making a fuss,

I could see all 4 outfield loanees leaving us in January (Robinson, Turner-Cooke, Costelloe, Jaiyesimi) for differing reasons.

Its clear we've no chance of Booth/Crawford going.

Jephcott theres more chance of but he'd probably want a pay off which maybe defeats the point (but its kind of clear we won't use him so maybe worth that hit for someone who will play).

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

I could see all 4 outfield loanees leaving us in January (Robinson, Turner-Cooke, Costelloe, Jaiyesimi) for differing reasons.

Its clear we've no chance of Booth/Crawford going.

Jephcott theres more chance of but he'd probably want a pay off which maybe defeats the point (but its kind of clear we won't use him so maybe worth that hit for someone who will play).

If we can’t get those 4 in particular off our books then realistically will we have money in the budget to try and upgrade our team?

3 hours ago, rik2304 said:

MacPherson seems to have this mystical "there's a player there" belief. So maybe someone would take him.

What a waste of money he's been for us.

There was a lot of money wasted and Geoff says there will have to be cut backs to get where he wants to be.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

There was a lot of money wasted and Geoff says there will have to be cut backs to get where he wants to be.

I’m surprised that Geoff didn’t take Steve’s potentially legacy destroying reckless behaviour in hand when he was throwing money at Davidson to waste (regardless of Flaherty’s part in it or anyone else he appointed). Great management for decades then almost throw it all away, along with our hard won status in the top flight and as a regular top six side with trophies and European qualifications.

On 12/8/2023 at 4:18 PM, tucker said:

Player of the month in championship contract is up in January could be a good move 

On 12/8/2023 at 7:58 PM, Cagey said:

Can't be to many players available in January but would he want come back and would Saints eat humble pie.

CL basically saying we won't be bringing him back...

Screenshot_20231215_052637_Chrome.jpg

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Is it out style of play , we have not had a midfielder since Spoony or Craig that score goals.

Mind you we don't have strikers who score goals apart from Clark but what percentage of his time here has he spent on the park.

A fully fit Clark and I reckon he is a 15-20 goal a season striker if he is on the field for 30+ games, unfortunately we haven’t had that luxury with him 

Don't think any of the guys we have out on loan have set the Heather on fire so can't see any recalls.

I liked the young left winger that went to East Fife but couldn't remember his name and went on their website  to check but couldn't find him.

By the way the player profiles are good , giving all their details plus previous clubs and sponsors.

Our site is still poor and never seems up to date.

I note they are looking for a media person, understandable and physiotherapist . Maybe one that can help prevent muscle injuries and aid quicker recovery.