January Transfer Window

pezza70

Been reading/translating some of the AIK fans' views of Kimpioka on Twitter, and would very much advise people not to do this. 

Amazed Dundee wanted Costelloe. Has Docherty actually watched him and seen something that he thought would improve their squad? I'd be amazed if so. Let's face it, he was nowhere near good enough for Saints and was basically just making up the numbers here. (And of course he'll probably score against us today.)

Surprised Turner-Cooke hasn't been recalled too.

10 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Amazed Dundee wanted Costelloe. Has Docherty actually watched him and seen something that he thought would improve their squad? I'd be amazed if so. Let's face it, he was nowhere near good enough for Saints and was basically just making up the numbers here. (And of course he'll probably score against us today.)

I wonder if the Dundee/Burnley 'talent sharing agreement' had anything to do with it? https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/dundee-could-become-burnley-feeder-31292312

I did also see Charlie Adams name mentioned as being a coach/loans manager at Burnley before he went to Fleetwood the other day.

Still doesn't give much away as to the knowledge/involvement of Docherty but it is clear they recalled him to put him out to Dundee.

Kimpioka is very raw, but also very fast, and better on the ball than Costelloe.

I very much think hes a Tade type who'll be frustrating as he'll struggle with certain simple things, but who opposing defenders will absolutely despise playing against. Probably behind where Tade was when he joined though.

Suspect this is the "project" striker Levein said theyd sign.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Kimpioka is very raw, but also very fast, and better on the ball than Costelloe.

I very much think hes a Tade type who'll be frustrating as he'll struggle with certain simple things, but who opposing defenders will absolutely despise playing against. Probably behind where Tade was when he joined though.

Suspect this is the "project" striker Levein said theyd sign.

Has he ever played out wide with his pace or has he always been a striker?

Hopefully he gets off to a flyer for us when he plays.

9 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

Has he ever played out wide with his pace or has he always been a striker?

Hopefully he gets off to a flyer for us when he plays.

Seems to mostly be central but drifts out, mostly to the left.

Its really hard to find a lot of footage of him though, even WyScout doesn't have a lot unless you buy a package to show yourh competitions.

Kimpioka seems a bit old/experienced to be getting described as "raw" or a "project player" to me. He came through the Sunderland academy, spent six years there, and has been playing in the top divisions of Sweden and Switzerland. He's also played 11 times for the Sweden U21 side. It's not as if this is someone who hasn't had the benefit of much coaching. 

At 24 years old next month, I'm not sure why we wouldn't expect a player with that background to be able to hit the ground running (unless of course match fitness is an issue).

21 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Kimpioka seems a bit old/experienced to be getting described as "raw" or a "project player" to me. He came through the Sunderland academy, spent six years there, and has been playing in the top divisions of Sweden and Switzerland. He's also played 11 times for the Sweden U21 side. It's not as if this is someone who hasn't had the benefit of much coaching. 

At 24 years old next month, I'm not sure why we wouldn't expect a player with that background to be able to hit the ground running (unless of course match fitness is an issue).

Because hes barely played senior football.

Hes not far off the same as O'Halloran wouldve been when he first joined?

32 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I know Levein has ruled it out but Spoony not in Caley squad today so assume he is a free agent again.

Assume he will turn up at Dundee or Arabs.

Injured next 7 to 10 days may play once more against United before he leaves caley 

Edited by tucker

40 minutes ago, tucker said:

Injured next 7 to 10 days may play once more against United before he leaves caley 

Ta , I thoght if he was on a short term contract it would have been to start of January window.