January Transfer Window

pezza70

2 hours ago, PerthSaint01 said:

Sam Nicholson been released from his club in the MLS. Think maybe his time at Hearts missed Levein but aware they were both there in 2017. No link or anything but just chucking a name out there to be honest 🤣

Nah, Levein was Director of Football for virtually all of Nicholson’s time at Hearts. He didn’t appoint himself as manager until Nicholson had left mind you. 

8 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Nah, Levein was Director of Football for virtually all of Nicholson’s time at Hearts. He didn’t appoint himself as manager until Nicholson had left mind you. 

Ahh right, I did initially think they were at the same time, but a quick search on wiki showed Levein as Manager from 2017… forgetting his spell as DoF.

No idea what level he’s at now, or if he’s even reachable within our wage budget but thought I’d throw it out there. Perhaps our resident analyst @RandomGuycan add some insight! 

On 1/3/2024 at 7:41 PM, PerthSaint01 said:

Ahh right, I did initially think they were at the same time, but a quick search on wiki showed Levein as Manager from 2017… forgetting his spell as DoF.

No idea what level he’s at now, or if he’s even reachable within our wage budget but thought I’d throw it out there. Perhaps our resident analyst @RandomGuycan add some insight! 

noicholson.thumb.png.80d0950f12fcbe550063cc3a3cbfced9.png

Not sure why I don't have this season, but not got time to really figure that out just now 😅 Seems a decent winger but probably needs to play as a winger to get anything out him? Not sure where he'd fit really.

Worth mentioning MLS publish salaries, and he was earning ~£5k a week over there.

41 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Booth signed for Spartans, just need wee Crawford to find a gig and we are getting there!

Good luck to him . Had some great games for us. Thanks Callum.

Seems like quite a drop but Spartans are an up and coming team so might be in championship in a few years.

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Seems like quite a drop but Spartans are an up and coming team so might be in championship in a few years.

Maybe even game time for a few months and stay injury free and can look up the leagues for options, but good set up at Spartans and probably local for him

5 hours ago, Cagey said:

Just a loan. I assume we still pay the majority of his wage so no great advantage to Saints getting a other player in.

16 hours ago, crieffsaintandy said:

Booth signed for Spartans, just need wee Crawford to find a gig and we are getting there!

Wow are Spartans that cashed up or are we chipping in plenty of the money still?

11 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Just seen that Ando is still playing and has signed for Broxburn Athletic.

My lad played against him a friendly against Broxburn a couple of weeks ago, says time has caught up with him a bit, but Still moaning like fcuk!!

Edited by crieffsaintandy

3 hours ago, pezza70 said:

Wow are Spartans that cashed up or are we chipping in plenty of the money still?

1 hour ago, Linky said:

I imagine they'll be paying a very small amount of his wage, but every little helps.

Spartans are a well run, well financed club, paying decent money and offering decent opportunities to players.

He will be involved in coaching, given time off to work on his coaching badges and also Spartans will pay more of his wages than you’d imagine. 

11 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Spartans are a well run, well financed club, paying decent money and offering decent opportunities to players.

He will be involved in coaching, given time off to work on his coaching badges and also Spartans will pay more of his wages than you’d imagine. 

A great deal for him if that’s the case, nothing but best wishes for him in the future.

3 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I'm sure they are, but Booth is apparently on £1400 a week. No matter how well run the club is, I very much doubt they are paying more than a quarter of that. A League 2 club wouldn't be a well run, well financed club for much longer if they were.

On 1/5/2024 at 4:48 PM, Cagey said:

https://boothpropertymanagement.co.uk

he had more than football to think of so lower league maybe what he needed.

10 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Jordan Ibe, former Liverpool player - free agent, needs a club.... someone call the gaffer

Hasn’t played a game for almost four years! Couldn’t even get in the team forthe mighty Ebbsfleet!