January Transfer Window

pezza70

16 minutes ago, Linky said:

Hasn’t played a game for almost four years! Couldn’t even get in the team forthe mighty Ebbsfleet!

He started two games for Ebbsfleet in December but hasn't appeared in their last few games. Have they already released him? Can't find anything anywhere saying that they have.

Not that he'd be a target for us anyway.

9 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I just want to know why football club videos are always accompanied by the worst music imaginable.

This, a million times this!

Also players "best of" videos on YouTube with REALLY bad R&B style music and raps with lyrics totally unrelated to the content.

A big annoyance of mine.

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

Levein pushing Matty Smith for Wales cap. It was only a year or so ago he was in the Wales squad. How did we end up with him . Saw a 5 min you tube on him yesterday , he was brilliant but then again so were most of the players we have signed of you tube.

I'd really like to know who did the scouting and signing of players like Smith and Mitov.

If it was MacLean, his future lies in this side of the football business.

Excellent signings for a team the size of us.

1 hour ago, Gekko said:

Also players "best of" videos on YouTube with REALLY bad R&B style music and raps with lyrics totally unrelated to the content.

A big annoyance of mine.

There's a group on Facebook called Dull Mens Club - your post is perfect, batter in!

10 hours ago, Gekko said:

A big annoyance of mine.

Agree , it's the same with documentaries etc where the music drown out the speech. Then again it might be my hearing.

10 hours ago, Gekko said:

I'd really like to know who did the scouting and signing of players like Smith and Mitov.

Was thinking that myself but doubt it Macca would have had the time what with doing his badges and away abroad on some course.

Hopefully it is a sign that we have a decent scouting system in place. 

This window might tell us.

11 hours ago, Gekko said:

I think Macca did really well in the transfer market and certainly had a better long-term strategy than Davidson. On top of Smith and Mitov you have Sprangler who was a fantastic find (although I'm assuming he might have just been pitched by an agent rather than us truly "finding" him). I'd also say Olufunwa and McClelland are really good signings on paper - we're yet to see the best of them but they're both at a good age and might just need a bit of time and development. Even Jephcott seemed like an impressive acquisition at the time, given his scoring record at a good level.

It's unlikely many of those players are earning significantly more out of coming here so it's interesting that they must have all met with Macca and bought into his plans for the club and how he wanted us to play. I'd still love to know what the original plan was for Jephcott, as he just doesn't seem to fit into the way we play at all.

9 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Defender ?. It says defensive midfielder on transfer market. Don't think we need another defensive midfielder.

Does not seem to have played since last August but only signed for 4 or 5 months and wouldn't think wage demand would be high so fingers crossed.