Dundee V St.Johnstone - Tuesday 2nd January

R.B.B:- Adz

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Why?

Do you think there will be nearly 2000 there on a cold February wednesday night. Lucky if there is a thousand.

Guys also like to make a day of it on a Saturday. A day in a big city and lots of bevvy.

5 hours ago, Cagey said:

Do you think there will be nearly 2000 there on a cold February wednesday night. Lucky if there is a thousand.

Guys also like to make a day of it on a Saturday. A day in a big city and lots of bevvy.

I agree it will hit the gate being midweek but I was thinking you were alluding to the fact it was Valentines day and I was being facetious.

By the way, I work in Dundee and believe me my Dee collegaues were not impressed either with the cancellation. The local bars took a big hit with the game being off having drafted in extra staf etc. It was a real shame.

Saints were able to move because Asda were desperate to buy Muirton park & the old ice rink. Tthe Americans at Dens have comre up with various plans over the last few years but they;'ve all involved house building & building a new crematorium. They still haven't cut a square of grass yet because they haven't raised thre funds they need yet. I assume they've bought back Dens from John Bennett who bought Dens when Dundee  went bust &  was renting it to  them at a reasonable price

6 hours ago, Scott1884 said:

Are they carrying the can because the owners havent iiinvested money into keeping Dens up to the required standard?

It certainly sounds like it. Felt quite sorry for them when reading the article. Just the two guys doing all that work on a budget they reduced during COVID and never put back to what it was.

1 hour ago, Nobodyshero said:

What's the chances of this game being played on a Saturday, now that both teams are out of the cup ?

Would hope that the teams would get together to ask SPFL for permission as it makes sense for everyone, the club's , the fans and even the  SPFL as it frees up a date for the next Dens postponement.

Too sensible though , it won't happen.

It has to be requested on Monday for it to have any chance though.

On 1/21/2024 at 11:02 AM, Cagey said:

Would hope that the teams would get together to ask SPFL for permission as it makes sense for everyone, the club's , the fans and even the  SPFL as it frees up a date for the next Dens postponement.

Too sensible though , it won't happen.

It has to be requested on Monday for it to have any chance though.

Would have thought if they were going to request a change they would have done it by now. More of an advantage would be with Dundee financially