Player of the Year—23/24

lewisness

Not until you look through the names you realise how few you like.

My shortlist, in this order, was:

Mitov (Clear winner)

————

Phillips

Smith (Good players but didn’t drag out enough results given their talent)

————

Sidibeh (Added a new dimension but didn’t play a full season)

————

Robinson (Just like him and think he will be here next season and will be a big big player for us in 2/3 seasons time)

Arguably Mitov is the only one of that list that has been at least 7/10 for at least 70% of the games. Don’t think you can say that of ANY other player in the current squad. Damning!!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

I agree Mitov is the stand out nomination and should win this but Sidibe and Kimpioka have added a real ray of light for us going forward but neither have played a full season.

I will say I think McGowan deserves a special mention - he's been steady throughout and acted like a true proffessional when Macca kicked him to the roadside.

6 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I agree Mitov is the stand out nomination and should win this but Sidibe and Kimpioka have added a real ray of light for us going forward but neither have played a full season.

I will say I think McGowan deserves a special mention - he's been steady throughout and acted like a true proffessional when Macca kicked him to the roadside.

Embarrassing giving a player of the year award to a guy that has only started 6 matches.

We are where we are I suppose but for me it’s crossing a bit of a line doing that.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Is this the easiest Player of the Year decision ever? I can't remember any other season where one player was such an obvious stand-out. I can't think of any other player who even comes close (although I agree with the above comment from @SaintJet about McGowan's attitude impressing this season).

Gonna be a clean sweep fir the guy.

On 4/25/2024 at 10:13 AM, SaintJet said:

Absolute standout today. Another waste of a jersey today along with 8 others only two with any heart were wee Fran and Dimi. Embarrassing even considering player of the year shower of jokers

6 hours ago, garydavidson said:

image.png.a7c3644ffa212ba0fa73df97ef5625fa.png

image.png.05f51ae14665e3d812339ba1974f2e46.png

You can bet Butland is going to be lauded as keeper of the season in the SPFL!

Of course he will, imagine if we had defenders who can defend in front of him this season we could stay up with 35 clean sheets