Stirling Albion vs. Saints 23/04/08

Radford 72

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can I ask "WHAT THE HELLL HAPPENED?" as i wasnt at the game but what happened with the penalties? and James and just in general.:shock:

God knows! It wasn't a full strength team but still should have beaten that mob convincingly. Jackson came on after H/T but got subbed off again on 85? Any know if he got injured? Young Fairbairn came on as a sub and made his debut, maybe one to watch?

God knows! It wasn't a full strength team but still should have beaten that mob convincingly. Jackson came on after H/T but got subbed off again on 85? Any know if he got injured? Young Fairbairn came on as a sub and made his debut, maybe one to watch?

Jackson was injured.

Just one of those end of season games with a shit linesman and ref.

Eat your heart out Carlos Cuellar what a save from big James toniight,panalty,red card,cya.Their first pen was soft to say the least the guy crumpled prity easily.Their 3rd came from a pass back to Main he could have done without he in turn passed it to Moon who was at right back he only had the 3 Albion players round him lost posession Rodriguez didnt stop to say thanks.All looked ok when James powered a header home for the opener in the first half.He went off and so did our chances.

just back.well i was entertained.big giraffe punched goalward ball intae net so he was off.some end to end stuff .they let you go out to smoke at half time if you wish.funny i never seen any roadworks at aberruthven when i was goin.comin back different story.

Woeful, really woeful

Decent away crowd considering the circumstances, Good start and we looked good up until the first pen, which for me was slightly soft.

The 2nd james handball on the line which was stupid, as there was still 60 mins or 11 men to fight back!!

3rd goal summed up the league campaign for me backpass to main, who passed to moon, both of whom could have punted the ball anywhere, yet moon lost the ball and the lad slipped past main for a class finish

Stirling looked by FAR the better team, we were shocking even with 10 men, if you cant keep the ball for 4 passes you shouldnt be a divison 1 team.

Night and Day from Sunday

Well that was fun...End of season nonsense...We were mostly crap,the ref was crap,the crowd(431) was crap...Alan Main played well though and big Kevs save was a peach...Sooner it's over the better....Someone asked WHY Albion were relegated and the smart answer was " Cos they dinnae play us every week"....Could have been 6-1....( seven goal thriller:oops:)

Bring on the Livi..........:lol:

Total embarassment tonight- i know it was a meaningless end of season game and players rested to stop suspensions etc - but you would have thought there was going to be a bit of fight..none

James -great header for our goal.

Craigs tackle was never a bloody penalty.

Why james didnt just let the ball go in and stay on the park - i wont ever know - maybe he was cold and wanted to get home.

Stirling keeper picks up ball inside the "d" which is outside of his area and at worst a free kick and booking- nope "assistant linesman" didnt see it as that- was the glare of the floodlights in his eyes ?

Specsavers seem to be a waste of time with these clowns.

Passback to main - wee pass to mooner-no where to go loses ball 3-1 them.

Craig sends long ball to peaso which runs well away- 2 of them exchange words and swear.

Ando in my mind seemed keen.

bar that - i think saints players should pay every saints supporter who attended this drivel into mcd on saturday.

Kerr looked nervous but had a few good moments.

Think James getting sent off was the turning point, he was keeping everyone together before.

First penalty was a soft one in my opinion. To be honest thats the fourth time this season i've seen Stirling play (once was in the cup against Brechin) and I can't help but wonder why their going down. They've played well every time i've seen them.

how did the young lads play?

Poorly. All we're played out of position; Kerr at fullback, Moon at right midfield then full back when James walked, Jacko was played in midfield, Davie started wide left and Johnny got all of five minutes. Only Main and Ando should escape criticism tonight. Is James now out for Livi or next season? Makes Del's disciplinary planning irrelevant, eh!

It was Adam Monaghan that came on to make his debut, not Jonny Fairburn.

I'm not nearly as down as some. It was a makeshift team with nine players aged 23 or under in the squad. We still created some decent chances with ten men although clearly they were going to cut us open a bit more easily. Credit to them for switching play a lot and using the full width of the pitch.

Result means nothing and the performance wasn't nearly as bad as some are making out IMO.