ORMOND DAY vs QOS 06/12 - Singing and dancing blue and white choir

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant work Ginger. And well done to the club for taking the idea on as well. Hopefully I'll be able to get up from London for this one, but if not I'd be up for coming up for a future game, so it's good to hear the club are interested in making it a regular thing of some sort. I always liked it in the Ormond Stand and would love to get back to watching games from there.

It is not easy to get the club to make a change like this , it will involve extra policing and stewarding and there are real costs involved.

As it stands we are 3 strong and counting , SLF will no doubt encourage a few from the train mob and Mike will be bringing the hordes from Dundee. I can chip in with a guaranteed Ginger Bakers Dozen so that makes us 30 plus strong already.

We are on a roll.

It is not easy to get the club to make a change like this , it will involve extra policing and stewarding and there are real costs involved.

As it stands we are 3 strong and counting , SLF will no doubt encourage a few from the train mob and Mike will be bringing the hordes from Dundee. I can chip in with a guaranteed Ginger Bakers Dozen so that makes us 30 plus strong already.

We are on a roll.

As long as we get the same build up to this game (which it deserves) like the dunfermline game then it'll be fantastic mr baker!

No doubt the dundee away game just before should keep the adrenaline pumping.

Well done Ginger.Great to see the club are willing to listen to the fans when they come up with a good idea. You can count me well in. I used to love being right in the middle of the choir at Muirton and belting out the songs. Can we see if someone can produce posters for this game with time, place and prices ( do students get a discount at McD???). I,ll take a half a dozen and stick them up around Perth College if we can get them done..We really need to promote this one as we did for the Pars game or even better.

Singin an dancin at the pre christmas party event of the year..Everyones invited

Be there or you may live to regret it..........:)

Ghost ,glad you are onboard , good idea on the posters .

Is anyone out there skilled enough to produce some posters for Ghost?

I think we should try and nominate some pubs for a wee sing song before the game ,the 208 and the saints club are obvious choices ,where else? has anyone ever sung in the Muirton suite?

I can hear the Mathers guys and girls singing already .

I know some pubs won't allow it but with a healthy turnout a wee bit of vocal encouragement for the team before the game will no doubt put a few coffers in the till.

We must treat this as an away game , we are invading Perth in numbers to pick up 3pts and have a good tome on the way.

Thanks John 1962 I am so pleased the club gave me an audience to put all our thoughts over.

This is all about Weareperth ,as long as we are sensible with our requests and all pull together we can achieve things none of us could individually.

There is loads of good intellectual property on here , I have one or two other ideas and there are lots of others being suggested, we need to take things one at a time so lets do this first and see where it takes us.

Themore we make things happen the better position we will be in for the club to have an open mind.

The club the fans and the players are all pulling in the same direction but in a much more open and cooperative way than I can remeber for quite some time.

That is really powerful and will make a difference to our season.

This all stems from the huge turnout at Dunfermline and all those that made that happen.

Great work ginger, cheers!

There seems to be a few Saintees living in the deepest darkest south! I have been up three times this season and most enjoyed it when I left Fri night, stopped over in a Manchester travel lodge which has a bar and offers a nice cooked breakfast on Sat morning, then finish 4 hour trip on Sat morning rolling into McD in plenty of time for game. Anyone from south east wish to share petrol money?

Alternatively, with all these Saintees initiatives and real excitement being generated, how about a few Southern Saintees meeting and travelling up for these 'initiative' games? Open to any ideas, plane, train, coach, car whatever. Anyone else down here up for it? I think we should get piped in to the Ormand for our efforts by the way!!!!

On another note, if we are looking for ideas for Ormand Day, we should look no further than that video of the red ultras. Didn't realise how much they did. There away support at Parkhead, fantastic sight. Wee plastic blue and white flags from club as they have in red and white would possibly work?

Thanks again Ginger, you have given some long distance fans real incentive to make the long journey north on a more regular basis again!

Ginger - outstanding effort (knighthood, freedom of Perth, beckoning?) :mrgreen:

Count around 10/12 (mostly season ticket holders) of us to join you all - never been in the Ormond for a match! If posters appear give me a shout and I'll see if we can drum up some sleepers from Norwich Union?

As an aside, should we advertise that spaces will need filled in the East Stand? :laugh: and did the club mention any deals on prices for the day?

Ginger - outstanding effort (knighthood, freedom of Perth, beckoning?) :mrgreen:

Count around 10/12 (mostly season ticket holders) of us to join you all - never been in the Ormond for a match! If posters appear give me a shout and I'll see if we can drum up some sleepers from Norwich Union?

As an aside, should we advertise that spaces will need filled in the East Stand? :laugh: and did the club mention any deals on prices for the day?

Would this work? How will the club know how many seats they can allocate in East and whether they are reserved on the day or not.

Ginger, this sounds great, I will probably give up my free hospitality now for this :(

With regards to the cross over of fans if we were to sit in North Stand could the club not hold queens fans for an extra ten minutes after the game as we were at Ibrox 2 years ago? Or even let us go out via the East stand side of the stadium (if possible).

If the game is played and we are occupied in the Ormond stand, what are the chances of getting the club to arrange the queens fans at the Ormond end of the Main stand just to build up the atmosphere a bit more?

And has there been a mention on what the prices will be? as I've mentioned this to people at work (norwich Union, big big place) and would go if prices were around the £10 margin.

I'll be up the road for this one (car going from Manc early Saturday morning if anyone wants a lift).

I don't really see the problem with Saints and QotS fans crossing at the end of a game, it's not as if there's ever any trouble between us (apart from that moany old bloke who sits near the away fans at Palmerston who always flicks the vicks when Queens score - he's getting it next time!) and it's not as if we didn't have to do the same with the Old Firm fans when they were housed in the East Stand (and it's not as if they ever stopped them getting into the West Stand either :evil:).

Good work again though Ginger. Are there any plans to try and encourage up a bigger Queens support for this one?

I couldn't commend you more for your efforts Ginger. You are an insperation to all true fans of football out there.

I'll be traveling up in a large number from Edinburgh for this one, already really looking forward to it.

Edinburgh saints, should we try and organise a bus to head up or take the train? If we all chip in for a bus it may be alot cheaper (depending on numbers).