ORMOND DAY vs QOS 06/12 - Singing and dancing blue and white choir

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is absoloutely MANIC.

It is a way off but the Ormond is guaranteed to be bulging at the seems.

Bev ,love your idea about a March but am concerned about arriving too late and not getting in. East End park filled up pretty quickly.It is a gamble if you do not leave until 2.20 but it would also create a great spectacle.

If you think 2.20 is not to late to guarantee a place in the Omond then lets go for it.

The Alan Main fan club will be there in numbers.

Great idea

See you there

GBRA

Dunno what it is about you Ginger but you're some sort of online motivational guru! You're making being a Saints fan even more exciting than normal! Can't wait for the QOS game and we still have a Dens trip before then to get the momentum going, awesome! Even a trip to Broadwood is exciting these days and hopefully we can get a bit of atmosphere going there.

Seriously excited about the Ormond day now, it's gonna be a great atmosphere and I just hope we get plenty of extra Saints fans down for the game so that the Ormond will be bursting and the East will still be pretty well populated and we're all singing and supporting the lads.

Great time to be a Saintee and it's all down to you Ginger, thank you and keep up the great work!! :mrgreen:

do you think the poster needs a wee bit of info to promote whats actually happening and not make it sound like any normal game, cause most people that dont go to games might not see the excitement about the ormond stand.

but still i've just printed some out and gonna put them round work at lunch time.

the motivation is fuel by the onfield performances and results.

if we were doing distinctly average or even worse, then fans motivation would simply not be there. We have hit the crest of the wave, so lets surf longer.... this is perfect opportunity to get back some old saints fans into the trend of watching the team weekly also, although could be expensive in this current climate.

Why not take it a step further and march from the city centre?

A walking bus like the primary schools do!!:idea: That's it!:D

Start at a meeting point in the town (or Muirton Park AKA Asda!:cool:) at the back of 1pm collecting supporters en route, up the Dunkeld Road, up the Crieff Road, by the time the march reaches The 208, say 2pm-ish, anyone left can join it there! Down at the Ormond Stand for 2.15ish.:cool:

Sounds like a plan...:mrgreen:

i think it is of paramount importance that the vast bulk of the fans are in the stadium, as they were at East End Park by about 2:25-2:30 to get the atmosphere going early so it builds up to kick of time and also while the players are warming up. You would not believe what a difference this makes to the players before the go in to get their last minute motivation talk from Derek.

I think if the march aims to leave The 208 at 2pm latest the majority of fans will be in the Ormond Stand for 2.30pm-ish (depending on how many fans join the march, of course!).

I was at EEP for 2.10pm and had to wait in a queue of some 30+ fans but got into the ground for 2.15pm where the atmosphere was building up nicely!:cool:

If fans want a starting place for the march in the town centre, I can think of no better place than The Ormond Bar in the Old High Street!

It's great to see the fans really getting behind the club! Well done Ginger, I will make sure of another several additional Saintees!

Can't wait to sit in my old season ticket seat (sat on that lovely seat for seven seasons from the age of 4!)

Did Stewart Duff mention the stand Stewards will take in the stand? Will we be allowed to stand, etc?

One of my worst memories was from the Ormond stand. 7-0 to Rangers and I happened to get landed with the worst seat in the whole stand, the bottom left hand corner (main stand side) and it was gutting it down. I got soaked. Terrible night.

Ah well, some great memories too. Eyeline with Gerry McMahons wonder goal against Aberdeen - can't wait to get back in there.

I reckon, leaving The Ormond Bar at 1.15pm, up by the fire station, along Feus Road, then up the Crieff Road to The 208 - would take 30-40 minutes max (depending on how many beers you've had...).:laugh:

I would certainly be up for this, but I wouldn't want to be the only doing it! Anyone else?

Meeting at Ormonds sounds like a great plan - a couple of drinks their beforehand, walk up to the ground en masse via a possible last minute stop at the 208.

It would be a great sight even if we could get a hundred or so bodies to join together.

Good coverage in the PA today to kick start this to a wider audience.

Saints are also going to run the initiative on the Clubs website in the next few days.

With no saints match next weekend I am hoping Gordon Bannerman will give us some more blue and white back page coverage in next Fridays PA . To that end there have been lots of good suggestions and commitment from fans further afield to travel up for this. Please keep the ideas coming and we will cover them off in next weeks PA all being well.

The march idea sounds attractive. It would be great if it could be coordinated with a service bus full of 30/40 saintees coming in from Kinnears and the train carrying the Edinburgh saintees. That alone combined could be 60/70 add another 50/100 from the town and we have a blue and white army on the move.

Does anyone have any legal knowledge of such gatherings ? There is no point in taking this to far if the Police wont allow it. If you are sure of the legal situation it would be good to hear the position.