#37 - 19/04/09 - Queen of the South (h)

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ando is simply not good enough to be playing for us he makes far too many mistakes and today his mistakes led to two of there goals.

As a team we played really poor today, the better team won to be honest

I have said it before, and will say it again, ando is a bombscare waiting to happen!!!although how del can suddenly decide he is good enough to fill in at left back this late in the run in beggars belief ,and when he was switched to c/h the damage was probablly done, suppose it must have been hard to decide whether to hook ando or gartland ,as only swanke was more honking than these two!!!!

The first half display must be one of our worst this season. Anderson, Gartland and Craig were having a nightmare and it unnerved the whole team. Hardie was also posted missing and Savo had his usual uneffective game.

Second half was better but Anderson went onto prove why he doesn't get a regular game, he had a howler!

We must pray that Caff is fit for next week, as Ruti seemed unsettled with both Anderson and Gartland beside him.

We will be promoted but we are going to have to buy at least 6 players if we have any ambitions of staying up.

Anyway, Dens here we come!!

I am also critical of Main who made a few dodgy decisions especially picking up the passback.

What is the variations on the passback rule? The only reason I ask is the ball was played back from Ando, Alan appeared to collect it outwith the box control it with his foot into the box then pick it up. Im assumint the ref got it right.....but given his other decisions......

The passback was the correct decision. It doesn't matter how many touches he has taken, he can't pick it up until it touches someone else. Silly mistake by Main. Too many players making silly mistakes all over the park today.

That said, I don't think we should have lost. Once they got ahead they were obviously more than content to sit in with 10 men behind the ball and soak up and pressure we could apply. We were pretty chronic in the first half but had what appears to have been a good goal chopped off. Also should have equalised before they got their second. Then they really were content to sit in and we kind of ran out of ideas before we got those two goals back. We had to go for it as in terms of next week a draw was the same as a defeat and three points was vital, but still a poor third goal to lose.

It was shit apart from a few glimpses. There was 5 goals though.

It's funny because I thought the game was terrible until we scored the first but the remainder of the game was tops, and even in defeat, I came away thinking it probably would have been ok for the telly. Looking back though I think it would have been guff.

We had to go for it as in terms of next week a draw was the same as a defeat and three points was vital, but still a poor third goal to lose.
dont agree, we now need thistle to lose and us to win. Where a point for us today would have meant they also had to win if we were winning at dens.

I agree with Blueheaven in regards to Dobbie. Excellent striker who should be playing at a higher level, and I believe he always had that ability, even with us. However, he wasn't given the opportunity to use it. So Coyle's biggest mistake is partly responsible for our humiliation at Dobbie's hands today.

Either our dire performance or the abnormal weather conditions have had some strangely hazy effect on me whereby, apart from the goals, I can't remember much about the match at all. I know for sure that we were very poor. Our defence looked uncharacteristically nervy, partly due to Steven 'hot prospect for the future' Anderson. I don't know if he still has a fanbase within the Saints support, but every season I read posts here consistently slamming anyone who dared criticise him. He was branded as a great talent. Yet, at almost 24 years old, he isn't even a regular in St. Johnstone's starting XI, and when he is given the opportunity, he fails. Don't get me wrong, I've seen him put in some half decent displays at the back, but I think the fact he struggles to hold down a starting place at his age tells its own story. He's not a boy anymore. Gartland shouldn't have been taken off. Sure, McInnes knows when to change things, but he doesn't know HOW to change things, and that is just as important.

I thought Sheerin showed touches of his usual class, and Sammy looked dangerous enough up front beside the ineffectual Milne. I was almost delighted to see Holmes enter the field of play, and that in itself shows how depressed I was beforehand. Yet his introduction spurred the lads on, and credit to them for fighting back, and to Holmes for his part in our first goal. But we couldn't hold on after gifting Kean far too much space.

I doubt we will win the league at Dens next week, but we surely we WILL win the league. Consistently we drop points, yet nobody else takes advantage. We are at the top for a reason. We are the best team in the league, albeit far inferior to any Saints side I have seen since the Connolly era.

But, as the saying goes, 'keep the faith.'

If I remember correctly Dobbie has always given us a torrid time since he departed Perth. Whilst he was here he was not fit and thats a fact. When he went Palmerston it took a while for him to slim down but he always tormented our defence, well in the 3 games I saw him play there against us that is.

He looked fit today according to Mrs DuncM and she is a good judge...............obviously!

For me that justifies why Deek has been keeping Ando out the team, not just based on todays performance. I'm a fan of Ando and think he is a good defender, but time and time again he is prone to horrendous mistakes. Purely because he looses concentration and fails to either judge his pass or simply put his foot through the ball.

Defence was terrible today, even ruti was caught for the first goal. Gartland at fault again, as he was at Dunfermline. I think we need caf back in defence. However, I thought the main problems in the first half were the result of a static midfield. Moon needs to start, simple. He always looks for the ball and starts most of the football going forward. This ones going to come under criticism, but I think if we get promoted we desperately (along with a left back), need a striker. For me milne has been poor for some weeks and his first touch has been awful. I think sammy has been holding things together, albeit he might not be a goalscorer. For me peaso, holmes, barrett and even jacko will struggle in the spl.

Still, its in our hands. Craig at left back next week, drop swankie and put millar and moon in from the start. We should have never let dobbie go.....

You might be in the league above us but you're delusional if you think that automatically makes you a better team.

'tis you that's delusional , St Johnstone would not survive in the SPL with their current squad , several of your current players have already been found out at that level.

dont agree, we now need thistle to lose and us to win. Where a point for us today would have meant they also had to win if we were winning at dens.

See, this whole "win it at Dens" mentality has taken over - it's as bad as the "break the unbeaten record" nonsense earlier in the season.

We can't get bothered about where we win it, what Partick have to do, etc. It's in our own hands with a good lead and 3 games to go.

People also forget QoS have long been a bogey team for us under Coyle and McInnes - is it any co-incidence that the coaching staff at QoS are some of McInnes's best friends in the game and know him inside out? Saw yesterday's result coming a mile off.

If I remember correctly Dobbie has always given us a torrid time since he departed Perth. Whilst he was here he was not fit and thats a fact. When he went Palmerston it took a while for him to slim down but he always tormented our defence, well in the 3 games I saw him play there against us that is.

Dobbie was quality for Saints, and there were quite a few of us who regularly said it on here at the time. I wouldn't disagree that he often looked unfit, but some players just have that problem sometimes (Roddy Grant wasn't exactly on the slim side, and neither was Graeme Jones, but both did good jobs for us) - it doesn't mean they need to be cut loose, as long as they're good players. Dobbie has now proven that, with the right motivation, he can be one of the fittest and strongest players in the division. Is there any reason why Saints couldn't have got that out of him by dealing with him in the right way? I actually think that if we go up he'd do a better job for us in the SPL than the strikers we've now been left with, and that Del should try to get him back.

See, this whole "win it at Dens" mentality has taken over - it's as bad as the "break the unbeaten record" nonsense earlier in the season.

We can't get bothered about where we win it, what Partick have to do, etc. It's in our own hands with a good lead and 3 games to go.

People also forget QoS have long been a bogey team for us under Coyle and McInnes - is it any co-incidence that the coaching staff at QoS are some of McInnes's best friends in the game and know him inside out? Saw yesterday's result coming a mile off.

Absolutely not. A point for us yesterday would have been just that and if we won it a game sooner because of it, Great. the fact it would be at dens is the icing on the cake as far as I am concerned.

Way off track - but i found the real reason why Mrs and Mr Main "fell out" .....She was fed up him shouting "man on -man on " when they were making love.

Queens were the hungrier side yesterday and i think that may have been down to their league position....ie had they lost then it was a 3 way relegation scrap.

We are still 4 points ahead and the pressure is more on Partick Thistle than it is us.

Forget all the excuses, we were dire yesterday. A shadow of the team that beat Dunfermline. If, and it is IF, we win this league, we have done nothing more than stumble across the finishing line rather than winning it in style. Let's not kid ourselves, results from our challengers have gone our way over the season.

I genuinely thought we looked quite dangerous in spells yesterday, specifically in the second half. We started that period really well and should definitely have scored at least one and then an error gifts them the second and they kill the game by time-wasting etc... No complaints on that front as we've done the same ourselves. Then when Millar and Holmes were introduced we score a good goal and look dangerous again.

It reminded me a lot of the Clyde game in August.

the richmind has been alwful all year we not the only team to be rob is his rule makeing but the lads need can do it keep the faith but need a beter promforance next week or it will be down to 1 points

Why was Richmond having a word with Main after the pass back? Its not a bookable offence to pick up a pass back?

I genuinely thought we looked quite dangerous in spells yesterday, specifically in the second half. We started that period really well and should definitely have scored at least one and then an error gifts them the second and they kill the game by time-wasting etc... No complaints on that front as we've done the same ourselves. Then when Millar and Holmes were introduced we score a good goal and look dangerous again.

It reminded me a lot of the Clyde game in August.

Just can't help thinking that the way we should be winning the league was as we did with Luggy - by 20 odd points and playing sexy football....

Just can't help thinking that the way we should be winning the league was as we did with Luggy - by 20 odd points and playing sexy football....

I've always thought you'll know when you're gonna win the league, as in 1996/97. We all knew from before Xmas we were going to win it but this season, my feeling changes from one week to the next. Was sure it was ours 24 hours ago, now I'm worried again.