New Strip For Next Season

sideshowbob1974

C'mon, people are being ridiculous now! Number 1 its hardly the worst football top ever designed.

Also do you really think they havent designed the patch on the back with the players names in mind, it appeared to work perfectly well for united in the past few years:

conwamatch.jpg

In my opinion we have gone for a good kit maker and also have utilised the double sponsor idea and have come out of it with an average but acceptable football strip.

Cheer up, we're the fcukin champs!!!!!!

At last some sense, typical over reaction on this forum.

Can I buck the trend here and say that I actually quite like the new kit. Nice and simple. Unfussy with no irrelevant fancy squigly bits, the way a football shirt should be. Like the gold trim too - makes it a bit different in a classy sort of way. OK, the logo is a bit naff with the oval background, but hey, at least we're not all sporting the word "Bonar"...

The away shirt? When did Gartland join Hearts?

CORPORATE DROSS - DRONES

Andy Wyles, Divisional Managing Director for Taylor Wimpey in Scotland said: “We’re more than happy to extend our agreement for a further season with St Johnstone FC, and would like to congratulate everyone involved on a very successful year for the Club so far. Clearly this is an important year in the club’s history, and we wish them every success in their efforts in the SPL this year.

“Our association with St Johnstone FC and our renewed commitment for a further year allows Taylor Wimpey to play a part within the local community in Perthshire, whilst also raising the profile of the new Taylor Wimpey brand.”

PROPER FANS - HUMAN

Darren McDermott, Managing Director of Easy Heat systems, enthused “I am delighted to be associated with St Johnstone in this official way. As a company we have long supported the club and I believe the football club adds considerably to the feel good factor in the community and the reputation of the City of Perth. All of us at east Heat Systems are proud to be part of the success of St Johnstone and wish them well in the season ahead.”

Nice to see Neighbours' Paul Robinson modeling our new away strip.

I quite like the home top and don't mind having a rear shirt sponsor. Have to agree with the consensus about the Taylor Wimpy logo though - really cheap and tacky looking. Just think of the money :)

for a start, at least its blue. the away top is actually pretty smart, really like the shorts. so what if it has a big sponsor?? is it that much a big deal?? look back at threads for previous kit releases. we moan every year. if the sponsor is a big deal stick your top in the wash 3 times and it'll fall off anyway :)

I don't think Saints were in a postion to argue about the sponsor's logo. If that is how the sponsor wants it Saints are in no position to turn it down in this financial climate.

Its a business deal for the sponsor. If they want the logo on the shirts the club should be able reach a compromise with the aid on a designer on how it looks. But no doubt the club are at least reasonably happy with how the shirt looks. Perhaps this is the best design of a bad bunch?

Strips generally always look better in the flesh than on the site. However, these do look pretty nasty! Home top lookS alright, but the sponsor is pretty embarassing to be honest. Looks like a 5 year found paint on the windows menu. It's funny when the flash of last year's strip comes on the site and looks ten times better. The elipse is pretty naff, should have went for a bordered stroke round the sponsors name, like last year. I find it hard to believe the sponsor was pleased with that comparing it to last year. Maroon top looks suspect as well. I'm sure they will look better in real life. If sheerin crosses the ball in and it hits deuchars wimpey bulls eye elipse and goes in on the opening day, the sponsor is the last thing I will be thinking about.

Incidently, why is it when you load up the site every year to find the new strip, you feel less attached to the team if the strip is naff?? ha ha! It has taken me all of 10 mins to get over it. MON THE SAINTS!!!!!

Its a business deal for the sponsor. If they want the logo on the shirts the club should be able reach a compromise with the aid on a designer on how it looks. But no doubt the club are at least reasonably happy with how the shirt looks. Perhaps this is the best design of a bad bunch?

But as has been said elsewhere if it's the company logo it becomes a take it or leave it for Saints

I like it much more now than i did initially!

Hopefully names and numbers will be gold - add SHEERIN 11 and you've got yourself a peach of a top!

Anyone remember what position we finished last time we had a big steaky white blob on the front???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1100000/images/_1101095_georgeoboyle300.jpg

Edited by sainteesrule
add pic