Stevie May

Aitchy

I do not think he should start against Hearts.

They have better defenders than Well, I think they could easily handle Stevie just now while he is still a bit raw.

I agree....would keep him for the last half hour...let his enthusiasm loose when the Hearts defenders are tired out a bit, following wave upon wave of Saints attack :neutral:

The only thing being that May and Sammy seemed to work really well together and you wonder how much of Sammy's great performance on Wednesday was due to him feeling somehow revitalised with the spark of a new pairing.

Who would you start with up front tomorrow then? Parkin back in? (I, for one, hope not) Sammy & Peaso possibly?

I agree....would keep him for the last half hour...let his enthusiasm loose when the Hearts defenders are tired out a bit, following wave upon wave of Saints attack :neutral:

The only thing being that May and Sammy seemed to work really well together and you wonder how much of Sammy's great performance on Wednesday was due to him feeling somehow revitalised with the spark of a new pairing.

Who would you start with up front tomorrow then? Parkin back in? (I, for one, hope not) Sammy & Peaso possibly?

Sammy, and another, Taylor or Parkin.

plenty space wide when playing Hearts in the cup match.

not Peaso.

I would rather start Stevie than Peaso.

Sammy, and another, Taylor or Parkin.

plenty space wide when playing Hearts in the cup match.

not Peaso.

I would rather start Stevie than Peaso.

I forgot you were such a big Peaso fan :)

Taylor starting wide might be a good shout...let him switch wings whenever he feels like it and get Muzz working to get in the box late to support Sammy

They have better defenders than Well, I think they could easily handle Stevie just now while he is still a bit raw.

I agree, although not sure the Hearts defenders would handle him that easily and he still could play a big role off the bench. But a big part of what was good on Wednesday was that he gave us a freshness that we maybe needed in the absence of any new signings. That's a weapon in itself so we should try to make it last as long as possible by using him quite sparingly. Would look to start him against Hamilton though I think.

I know Keigan Parker wasn't the most popular player when he left but he was brilliant when he broke through at Saints and May has that same spark about him. Parker could have achieved a lot more if he'd been right in the head/handled properly. Hopes are higher for May on both those fronts.

Not too sure about that John,according to JJ after the Celtic game they all had nightmares!:) A wee whippet like Stevie might just unsettle them.

I agree, although not sure the Hearts defenders would handle him that easily and he still could play a big role off the bench. But a big part of what was good on Wednesday was that he gave us a freshness that we maybe needed in the absence of any new signings. That's a weapon in itself so we should try to make it last as long as possible by using him quite sparingly. Would look to start him against Hamilton though I think.

I know Keigan Parker wasn't the most popular player when he left but he was brilliant when he broke through at Saints and May has that same spark about him. Parker could have achieved a lot more if he'd been right in the head/handled properly. Hopes are higher for May on both those fronts.

You are spot on about Keigan Parker - Stevie May comparison. Parker could be breathtakingly brilliant at times - I remember a fantastic goal at Love Street... but he lacked consistancy. I would like to see May emulate the flair that Parker had but produce it regularly.

Hopefully there is a LOT LOT LOT less pressure put on this young mans shoulders than were put on the likes of Keigan Parker and Jackson! He is a kid with potential but in comparison to the likes of Parkin is on a paltry wage for doing a similar job.

Derek and players have been fantastic with him and hope fans will be. Excited to watch him develop in a club with fans who can hopefully allow him to be gradually nurtured into a fantastic player no matter how many mistakes he makes between now and then!

His naivety and innocence is what is setting him apart from our other 'cultured' strikers at the moment and I hope he doesnt lose that through pressure to perform to a high standard week in week out at his tender age in a league which doesnt always allow certain types of players to peak every saturday afternoon.

Hopefully there is a LOT LOT LOT less pressure put on this young mans shoulders than were put on the likes of Keigan Parker and Jackson! He is a kid with potential but in comparison to the likes of Parkin is on a paltry wage for doing a similar job.

Derek and players have been fantastic with him and hope fans will be. Excited to watch him develop in a club with fans who can hopefully allow him to be gradually nurtured into a fantastic player no matter how many mistakes he makes between now and then!

His naivety and innocence is what is setting him apart from our other 'cultured' strikers at the moment and I hope he doesnt lose that through pressure to perform to a high standard week in week out at his tender age in a league which doesnt always allow certain types of players to peak every saturday afternoon.

Pressure will be the folk that want him in the squad week in week out and despite you asking them to forgive his mistakes -that wont happen......You are correct in the gradual introductions to certain games avoiding "Burnout".

Pressure will be the folk that want him in the squad week in week out and despite you asking them to forgive his mistakes -that wont happen......You are correct in the gradual introductions to certain games avoiding "Burnout".

Agree with Ancient. Young May should continue to have a gentle introduction and that means not starting ever game.

Someone has got to come up with a better song for him,

Hows about, (robin hood tune)

Stevie May, Stevie May,

Runs through the defence,

Stevie May Stevie May,

Turns on a 5 pence,

Then he shoots at goal, the balls in the net,

Stevie May, Stevie May , Stevie May

:laugh: