Kenny Deuchar

dan loves saints

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think The Doc will bring quality on and off the park. I can see where SS is coming from but he genuinely wants to be here, Hamilton didn't get the best out of him the way he was played, he is 28 and in his prime right now, and we have seen what he can do with most of our players around him.

Safe bet in my book.

I tell you what, I've had my say. I will let you all get on with patting each others back on a great signing. I will say no more on this poor and unambitious signing.

Who, realistically, would you have brought in instead? He's a good target man with an excellent past record. Have you ever actually seen him play?

Yes but only in the lower leagues.

In defence of SS, that is exactly where he scored most of his goals early in his career. 34 in 3 seasons with East Fife in Divisions 3 and 2 and 65 in the same 2 divisions for Gre£na.

He did not cover himself with glory at Northampton scoring 3 times in 17 games or in America with Real Mickey Mouse City.

However his goals per game ratio (in Scotland) does stand up with a goal every 2 games - 231 appearances in 115 games

So long as he creates chances for others and also converts them in the SPL for us, then I will be a happy bunny!

He has contributed more to saints in his few games than holmes ever did in a whole season.

Thee official site has Holmes playing in nearly every game last season, one of only 2 players to do so. That is some contribution is it not? I too prefer KD but Holmes did his bit.

how many assists and goals did holmes have compared with kenny?

It was painful watching holmes miss so many.

After that I dont know how anyone could think of Deuchar as just an average signing.

Gaz, what exactly is an average signing anyway?

We need(ed) a striker and he did well for us in the 1st during his spell at McD but which other clubs were we competing against for his signature? I think I read they were all lower league clubs in Scotland.

He is a Saint and he will get my support.

Im not complaining about the signing I had posted in response to those that had said it was an average signing. A lot of people seemed to want to keep holmes but deuchar is miles better than him.

I hope he gets the support of the doubters on here as well. but its not new for saints fans to get on the back of a guy before a ball has been kicked.

Im not complaining about the signing I had posted in response to those that had said it was an average signing. A lot of people seemed to want to keep holmes but deuchar is miles better than him.

I hope he gets the support of the doubters on here as well. but its not new for saints fans to get on the back of a guy before a ball has been kicked.

Agree he is a better player than Holmer but as has been said most of his goals were scored in the lower leagues. Some posters think because he scored 10 in 14 in the SFL for us he is a dead cert to set the SPL on fire. I also don't buy the Hamilton system theory, I am a doubter but will support the Doc 100%.

I tell you what, I've had my say. I will let you all get on with patting each others back on a great signing. I will say no more on this poor and unambitious signing.

we have a fantastic new guy though, Deuchar from Hamilton...wow SPL must be shitting themselves on this mega signing

I thought you were going to say no more?

Cant believe the downer some folk are havin on the good doctor. Was superb for us last time round, puts Holmer firmly in the shade imo, and noticing too that those doubters are not exactly quick at pointing out an alternative within our price/wage range. Getting ideas above our means some peeps me thinks.