new sponsor

lethamsaintee

A shrewd bit of business but when you think about it very logical. :roll:

Saints are selling land (Florence Place) to IIRC Wimpey, that land has appreciated dramatically over the years and as such Saints will be liable to pay tax on the capital gain on the sale of the land they would't have any such penalty to on sponsorshipl:wink: .

As well as financial security of the deal, with it already decided surely the tops can be out sooner! Win win!

Interesting to see The Geoffster in the PA saying that the early announcement of the deal means the club can now start talking to kit manufacturers - I wonder if that means they'll be asking round a few places other than just Xara.

I wonder if Lotto might be a possibility - did anyone else see the story about their new deal with Clyde? Apparently Lotto chose Clyde "to pioneer their breakthrough into the domestic market in the UK" after seeing their win over Celtic on Italian TV. Off the back of this, Clyde have now already unveiled their new kit for next season (see pic below).

Anyway, aside from all that, great news and well done to the board for tying up another deal to help keep the club's future secure.

all_1.jpg

I still think its a bit of a con to say a three year deal but the shirt part of it is only for one year at a time

That way they can bring out 6 tops in a short period of time. Please have some respect for the family market this club is after

Don't think it's a con as such as basic business -it gives Wimpey a chance to sponsor the kit without committing themselves and it means when we win the league next year, we can renegotiate an appropriate SPL level of shirt sponsorship