Del linked with ... Bristol City

williamwonka

Some places are reporting 100k compensation, that can't be right we got more for Coyle. Surely Geoff hasn't agreed to that, I'd be wanting double Coyles fee.

Obviously I'd say 100k is a bargain but managers are seriously undervalued in the game. Bring in a new centre half for say 500k, our defence may start conceding 1.5 goals a game on average instead of our average of 2. A new manager, for less and on less could give us an average of 1 by changing tactics. Managers tend to be less greedy and are often the scapegoats. Feel sorry for 'em

Thanks Del for the almost 4 years of almost unqualified success - the blip on the record being the failure in a national semi-final, but this is something that you were not the first manager to fail with in our history and will not be the last manager to either.

Time moves on though and on to the next chapter at SJFC - this appointment will be crucial for the club in deciding whether we push on towards the top 6 and, with it, the opportunity to challenge for a European spot, or whether we give another young manager the chance and result in having a greater risk of dropping into another bottom 6 season, with enough of it left to possibly have a relegation battle in due course. I would like to see John Collins possibly given a shot, given he had success at Hibs and played good football, though wouldn't be averse to Derek Adams either given his success so far at Ross County.

Onwards and upwards - COYS!