What is our catchment area?

Bev Callard

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunblane down to alloa Tullibody area have a few fans due to Pullars of Perth moving to Alloa many years ago and the Prison warders moving to Glenochil,

A few of the Edinburgh Saintees have fathers that transfered from Perth Prison to Saughton too. University and Higher Education has significantly increased the Glasgow Saintees.

Can't believe how poor our attendance is from within the "City" boundaries.

Nothing more frustrating than seeing folk waking away from the stadium on a match day or waiting for a Celtic/Wotsitsname bus.

The amount of people who go to Glasgow every second week, shouldn't affect St Johnstone's attendance, that was an arguement that may have stood up in the past, but there's not a lot now that will travel to see either team.

The amount of people who go to Glasgow every second week, shouldn't affect St Johnstone's attendance, that was an arguement that may have stood up in the past, but there's not a lot now that will travel to see either team.

I agree. But there are still too many armchair old firm fans in Perth who talk Saints down and sneer at their local club. It's sad that some people cannot find the decency to contribute positively to their local community and choose to sit smugly at home thinking they are superior. But I guess its a free society.

Quite a few Saints fans in the Glenrothes area. As I said in another thread, there used to be lots of Saints fans in the North of Fife.

Saints are puting posters up in Perth and Kinross for the game v Es Es, they should be doing it for every home game, and not just in Perth and Kinross, but all of the towns and villages of Perthshire and north Fife.

One place very close to McDairmid park that posters should be placed is Tesco, I'm sure we could get a few guys coming over to watch a game and leaving the good lady to do the shopping.

When I was young Aberfeldy and surrounding area had lots of fans and Saints would send a team to play Breadalbane amateurs quite regularly which helped maintain interest.

Now a combination of no public transport ( and stricter adherence to drink-drive laws) and instant scores,updates etc via radio and tv have taken their toll.

I agree. But there are still too many armchair old firm fans in Perth who talk Saints down and sneer at their local club. It's sad that some people cannot find the decency to contribute positively to their local community and choose to sit smugly at home thinking they are superior. But I guess its a free society.

Yes this is true, don't have to go that far back as an example, this weekend a guy on my Facebook asked me what Sevco FC meant? now this is a guy who posts stuff about the club formally known as Rangers every day on his page, sad fact is I doubt he has ever been to Ibrox in his life, and before anybody has a pop, I also know so called Celtic fans who bleat on about Celtic but never go/never have been to Celtic Park

Have lived in Stranraer and Dumfries amongst others - there was certainly a few Saints fans in Dumfries, I know of a couple that go to most games. Now work in Dunblane and there's quite a few there. Have often wondered if it would be worth running a bus from Kinross, taking in Milnathort, Glenfarg and Bridge of Earn.