#05 - 11/09/10 - Saints 0-2 Motherwell - SPL

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was a waste of a couple of hours of my life , utter shambolic.

These new players Parkin, Haber, Taylor are shite drop them now, Davidson also needs to look at himself.

No pass marks for anyone today and if I was Geoff Broon I wouldn't pay them either.

No fight, idea or spark from anyone.

We will be scrapping for relegation this year by the looks of things.

On this form next weeks match against St.Mirren is a relegation battle.:sad:

McIness starts Caddis in the middle of the park and has to hook him at half time. His summer signings Taylor, Haber and Parkin again fail to show up and the manager will have to hold his hand up and admit he has bought duds. If he persists in playing them we will be playing 1st Division football next season.

None of them are even close to the standard of Deuchar, Sheridan and Morais.

On this form next weeks match against St.Mirren is a relegation battle.:sad:

McIness starts Caddis in the middle of the park and has to hook him at half time. His summer signings Taylor, Haber and Parkin again fail to show up and the manager will have to hold his hand up and admit he has bought duds. If he persists in playing them we will be playing 1st Division football next season.

None of them are even close to the standard of Deuchar, Sheridan and Morais.

Can`t add much to that.

If we were short in midfield Caddis should have been played on right.davidson & him were overrun in midfield.

How lang is McInness going to persist with Parkin up front,the guy has nothing.

Bad day when even Millar & McKay have a nightmare.

No one earned even pass marks today. Worst display for many a season.

Terrible performance today.

We missed the likes of jody, liam and mooner today to get their foot on the ball and try and find a pass. Millar tried his hardest but nothing seemed to come off.

Why Taylor was on the pitch until the end i dont know, he cannot run with the ball at his feet!

Could be a long hard season if this continues!

Absolute shambles today, if this goes on much longer then Del needs to go, new lads are contributing hee haw. Taylor in particular was a waste of space. Smith was taking a lot of abuse from Del in the first half for not clearing quicker - that was the least of our problems.

Not a single one of those lads earned their wages today, they should give them to charity after a display like that.

No heart or spirit. Didn't look like they were trying or that it was hurting enough that we were losing. If ball had gone in in first minute it could have changed the game for us but we had 87 minutes to put it right.

Hardly a clean pass all day and even fewer made with attacking intent. Lumping the ball forward created nothing. Haber/ Parkin hardly won a ball all game.

Cadis badly let them through before both goals but I think this 1st team action is too soon for him. Rutie with 2nd og this season after same vs Rangers. Every player's first touch was awful with no composure shown.

I don't like losing but its worse when it all looks so spineless.

Double training shifts and far more grit and determination required this week if we are not to see the same against St Midden.

Think today only goes to highlight McInnes' shortcomings with his summer transfer activity. He has signed too many strikers and not enough midfielders. So losing Morris and Craig to injury poses huge problems. The situation is only worsened by the peculiar decision to loan out Adams to Dundee, which was strange even at the time. We found ourselves in a position today with only really strikers to choose from on the bench.

I particularly agree with the comment about McKay and Millar. Two of our better, more consistent players who both had really poor games. McKay clearly wasn't fit as their player walked past him in the run up to the second and Millar was trying to be four men in one. It was just dire. Parkin and Haber were extremely poor and Taylor is rubbish. He needs to stop trying to emulate the Sheridan/Deuchar partnership of last season and give the other strikers a chance. Steven Milne was our best player today. That says it all.

That's the first time I've ever left a match before the final whistle (albeit about 30 seconds) but I couldn't watch it. Wanted to leave at half time. Maybe I've been ground down after watching those two Scotland games + that pile of crap today.

I think we need to be very careful or our season is about to explode before it starts. Mcinnes has screwed up HUGELY with our midfield. Davidson, Morris and Moon are all injury prone so how can we possibly run with them three? Answer - we cant and that's why we ended up with a 16 year old, an injured Davidson an out of sorts Millar and a terrible footballer at left wing (who to be fair actually tried - he's just rubbish). We had no options on the bench apart from Maybury who did very well when he came in.

Dave McKay was unfit and slow and it showed for the goal. Not his fault but shouldn't have been on the pitch from the start. Rusty is not up to it and should not be picked in front of Anderson. Parkin is crap and I've no idea what Del sees in him.

When you look at it today, there was no positives and we really don't look like the team from last year. I'm probably ranting and will calm down tomorrow it looks bad. We must drop Parkin and start playing our better footballers up top and stop being so direct.