#38 - 05/04/11 - Saints 0-2 Rangers - SPL

Which I did and if you had read what the rules are you would not have been making souch outrageous comments about sanctions!!

Both clubs went to the SPL to request it be postponed, We didn't do anything wrong that would have resulted in a sanction against us.

Which rules? I was responding to an earlier post which you must have missed or not picked up on.

You don't do irony, do you.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to mention this again.. Perth High Street remained opened, all car parks were partially opened. More than 8000 people travelled to the town. What world are we living in now? It is the warmest day for over a month (positive figures in temp) and we cant get a game of football on? If the stadium is safe and the pitch is playable then thats all that is needed. Fans should take the icy underfoot conditions and restricted street parking into consideration before setting off. I thought this was a joke first of all, but appears to be the decision made!

If the issue is with the car park rather than the surrounding streets - can't Saints just not use the car park? I'd be interested to know what obligation Saints have to actually use the car park, as most other SPL clubs provide only limited parking space in comparison to Saints. Couldn't they just have ensured there were clear/safe pathways down from the road to the stadium, and perhaps also an area for supporters buses, and left it at that? I'm also a little surprised there doesn't seem to have been any request for volunteers to help out this time, unless I missed that. I seem to remember that in previous years Saints also used inmates from the prison to help clear the grounds - does none of that happen any more?

On a more general point, I struggle to see the point in Saints investing a lot of time and effort in running undersoil heating, clearing the pitch and clearing the car park and putting in the rest of the work required to get a game on, when at the end of it all a match could still be called off due to the state of surrounding streets. The streets of Perth have been in a mess for weeks now - are the council doing anything to resolve that in the area around the stadium so that games can go ahead? From walking around Perth city centre there's very little evidence to suggest that, even in the main shopping area, much has been done to sort the streets out, other than piling mountains of snow everywhere which could now take weeks/months to melt.

On the issue of people being allowed to shop, but not go to the football - in London the other week most shopping centres had to be closed due to unsafe surrounding streets, so there are examples of it happening when the expected crowds are big enough - but surely as long as there are plenty of signs warning people that it's icy underfoot then it should be up to people to make their own decision as to whether they want to risk it? It seems to increasingly be the case that football matches are called off due to conditions outside football grounds, but I've never heard of it happening at events such as gigs/concerts or plays - has anyone else?

If the issue is with the car park rather than the surrounding streets - can't Saints just not use the car park? I'd be interested to know what obligation Saints have to actually use the car park, as most other SPL clubs provide only limited parking space in comparison to Saints. Couldn't they just have ensured there were clear/safe pathways down from the road to the stadium, and perhaps also an area for supporters buses, and left it at that? I'm also a little surprised there doesn't seem to have been any request for volunteers to help out this time, unless I missed that. I seem to remember that in previous years Saints also used inmates from the prison to help clear the grounds - does none of that happen any more?

On a more general point, I struggle to see the point in Saints investing a lot of time and effort in running undersoil heating, clearing the pitch and clearing the car park and putting in the rest of the work required to get a game on, when at the end of it all a match could still be called off due to the state of surrounding streets. The streets of Perth have been in a mess for weeks now - are the council doing anything to resolve that in the area around the stadium so that games can go ahead? From walking around Perth city centre there's very little evidence to suggest that, even in the main shopping area, much has been done to sort the streets out, other than piling mountains of snow everywhere which could now take weeks/months to melt.

On the issue of people being allowed to shop, but not go to the football - in London the other week most shopping centres had to be closed due to unsafe surrounding streets, so there are examples of it happening when the expected crowds are big enough - but surely as long as there are plenty of signs warning people that it's icy underfoot then it should be up to people to make their own decision as to whether they want to risk it? It seems to increasingly be the case that football matches are called off due to conditions outside football grounds, but I've never heard of it happening at events such as gigs/concerts or plays - has anyone else?

No gonnae change the fact that the game is off tho..

I've just been up at the stadium to sort out season ticket mess and to be frank the car park and access road are a mess and dangerous. The car park is just a sheet of ice with water sitting in pools. If we get a large increase in temp this is just going to roll down the hill and into the ormond stand and or under te gate and onto the pitch.

Talking of the pitch the north stan appears to have snow still at the goal mouth and te opposite goal mouth still has coverings on it. Speaking to them they were hopeful on the pessimistic side for the weekend.

Just back from Perth, I was at the ground getting a refund on my Rangers tickets and the car park is a mess. Chris and his guys were working on the astro turf. To me he should be working on the car park to make sure the game goes ahead on Sunday. It wouldn't take much to run over the car park with something breaking up the ice and removing it later.

Just back from Perth, I was at the ground getting a refund on my Rangers tickets and the car park is a mess. Chris and his guys were working on the astro turf. To me he should be working on the car park to make sure the game goes ahead on Sunday. It wouldn't take much to run over the car park with something breaking up the ice and removing it later.

Maybe he is working on the astro so that the players can train. No much good getting the game on if the squad hasn;t been able to prepare.

Maybe he is working on the astro so that the players can train. No much good getting the game on if the squad hasn;t been able to prepare.

The Astro is being cleared so as me and my fat club buddies can use it tomorrow night...If your feeling withdrawl symptoms, come up and watch ..It will be nothing if not entertaining.. 7-8 pm..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

The Astro is being cleared so as me and my fat club buddies can use it tomorrow night...If your feeling withdrawl symptoms, come up and watch ..It will be nothing if not entertaining.. 7-8 pm..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ghostie I would love to but Iam hoping to get the under 14s out for a training session tomorrow night hardly had a session for a month, How is the weight loss program going??

Ghostie I would love to but Iam hoping to get the under 14s out for a training session tomorrow night hardly had a session for a month, How is the weight loss program going??

Our initial course is finished but there is a new one starting at the end of Jan. We have also organised an exercise class at McD ( which we are funding ourselves) to tag on the end of the FFIT course which means we will do 1 1/2 hours FFIT then an hour of fitness work right after it.. Struggling a bit just now with all the grub getting munched through Christmas and the lack of opportunities to get any worthwhile excercise done. Hence the game arranged for tomorrow night..

Finished off with a 2 stone loss and hoping for another 2 stone loss by the end of April..

Our initial course is finished but there is a new one starting at the end of Jan. We have also organised an exercise class at McD ( which we are funding ourselves) to tag on the end of the FFIT course which means we will do 1 1/2 hours FFIT then an hour of fitness work right after it.. Struggling a bit just now with all the grub getting munched through Christmas and the lack of opportunities to get any worthwhile excercise done. Hence the game arranged for tomorrow night..

Finished off with a 2 stone loss and hoping for another 2 stone loss by the end of April..

That is excellent Ghosi well done.

All other SPL and both Dunfermline & Falkirk games going ahead tonight, but not our game. Says it all really.

No all it actually says is that Perth had some of the worst weather.