Next season...

Honest Saints Fan

This season is coming to an end (April already, madness!) so the club will be obviously moving onto next seasons, season ticket sales.

This season has not been a good year for current season ticket holders due to call-offs and games moved and with many posters on here saying they might not re-new due to this the club might be hit financially before the season starts. They do rely on season ticket holders after all.

Just wondering what would make fans more likely to re-new? Cup games added on? Prices frozen again? Any other ideas?

I noticed if you were to buy a Clyde season ticket you get various discounts at local retailers in the area. I think this would be a great idea. Thoughts? Would it encourage you to re-new?

Once we get our new pitch we're never gonna have a game called off again! :razz:

If renewals had to be decided today, then I wouldn't br renewing for next season. My personal circumstances have changed somewhat over the last 18 months or so and I've not got the same disposal income as I have done previously. I've also moved to Glasgow and making midweeks games are at best difficult.

Being honest, I've not enjoyed this season. At all. 9 home goals (I think?) and with reduced budgets again looking likely, I don't see it improving much next year. I know that makes me part of the vicious cycle, but I don't know if I can justify it again for next year. I'll likely pick and choose games, avoid the old firm and shite like St Mirren at home.

The club are on a bit of a hiding to nothing this summer I think. The novelty of being in the SPL has well and truly worn off now and there's a very good chance there will be 3 relegation places up for grabs. I've heard that we're likely to see an increase in ST prices too, which may not help.

Putting real incentives into the season ticket might really help. The local retailers idea is a good one for example, also taking percentages off the use of the parks facilities might help too.

If renewals had to be decided today, then I wouldn't br renewing for next season. My personal circumstances have changed somewhat over the last 18 months or so and I've not got the same disposal income as I have done previously. I've also moved to Glasgow and making midweeks games are at best difficult.

Being honest, I've not enjoyed this season. At all. 9 home goals (I think?) and with reduced budgets again looking likely, I don't see it improving much next year. I know that makes me part of the vicious cycle, but I don't know if I can justify it again for next year. I'll likely pick and choose games, avoid the old firm and shite like St Mirren at home.

The club are on a bit of a hiding to nothing this summer I think. The novelty of being in the SPL has well and truly worn off now and there's a very good chance there will be 3 relegation places up for grabs. I've heard that we're likely to see an increase in ST prices too, which may not help.

Putting real incentives into the season ticket might really help. The local retailers idea is a good one for example, also taking percentages off the use of the parks facilities might help too.

I'm in the same boat as you my dear friend, Kyle. If I was to decide at the moment I would not even consider renewing my season ticket. Nothing against the club as such, because I appreciate a lot of what has made this season so dire has not been entirely their fault. However, I'm not going to part with over £300 just because it helps them. That money is invaluable to me too. I will wait until June to decide what I am going to do. However, an increase in price would kill any possibility for me. It's hardly worth £300. Any more and Saints are just having a laugh. The joke will end up being on them, I'm afraid.

will take care of itsel.we still have a cup to win yabadabadooo

I think that may be necessary to get the numbers up.

I probably will renew but that's on the back of promises from the club and also the social side of things. But that is on the back of a lot of serious consideration. One more season like this I could not justify the money down the drain for missed matches.

Local retailers idea is a good one.

Discounting park's facilities is possibly not likely to appeal to many?

I will be renewing my season ticket like others I see it as an investment in my club wether I can make games or not. Also I fully appreciate times are difficult at present and this seasons fare seems not to be as good as last year but still in the top league and the club needs every penny it can get to try and maintain and improve where we are. But everyones circumstances will decide on wether they get a season ticket or not.

Spoke to a Hibs fan who was saying that there cup games have been added back in.

Yep heard their advert on the radio coming home from work in Edinburgh.

Hibs are probably looking at their current position,which seemsto be that although there has been a huge investment in their new stand, a poor season(s) on the park has meant numbers have dwinded and have struggled to put bums on seats especially in the cup games.

Not sure saints should go down this route as it seems no matter what incentives are offered, the same people turn up to games no matter what. I certainly wouldn't want the club to make a loss due 50/50 gate split.

Having said that i was a bit p*ssed off when the cup games were removed from the ST but as long as a sensible procing policy is adopted by the board, I'm not too bothered at not geting the cup games included as long as i don't feel ripped off when having to pay at the gate i.e. £20 max for SPL cup opposition and cheaper if lower division opposition as per Brechin replay.

If a club the size of Clyde can cobble together offers like that then there is no reason why Saints cannot. HSF is onto something here. We have McD's, Pizza Hut, Arnold Clark etc as well as a host of local shops that would probably jump at the chance of some free advertising from the club with the chance of getting new customers.

I could understand the club wanting to charge for the Scottish Cup as this is the prestige trophy but why not include up to the 3rd round of the diddy cup in the ST price.

I've got 2 ST's for the kids at the moment which are £80 each for the season. Unless there is a huge jump in the price I will be renewing these. This is my daughter's 1st season of going to football but the lad is getting a bit jaded with what he watches. From that perspective why not include the Super J's membership for all kids season tickets, expand the pre-match activities for kids, throw in little things like a couple of the cheap juice cartons per game.

Silly things perhaps but if little things like this are offered on the back of the kids ST's it could encourage more parents to sign up or be enough to convince them to renew for another season.

This sort of stuff is just a band-aid though. Ultimately it will be performances on the pitch that will determine whether people think in the medium to long term if a ST makes financial sense to them. I think there would be less complaints about the lack of goals if we were watching attractive football and were rattling the post and bar every game and forcing keepers into making great saves.

I've had a season ticket for the last 11 years and probably in every one of those years I've lost out financially because of re-arranged fixtures due to weather or tv, illness, other commitments etc. I'm not complaining and will probably renew again. Indeed I know of fans who buy season tickets simply to support the club knowing full well they'll only make it to handful of games.

But we are in a recession and less people can do this. Glasgow Warriors have a scheme where you can buy a book of tickets at a discounted price where a ticket can be used for any fixture (with some exceptions). For example in Saints case they could sell a book of 10 tickets for £140 (£5 discount per game). That way Saints generate advance income and the purchaser is rewarded with a discount. A possible half way house for those who won't or can't buy a full season but still want to commit to the club.

I've had a season ticket for over 2 decades now. Missed a few games in the early '90s due to work commitments but my season ticket was used by someone else when I couldn't go. Will be re-newing our family of 4 as usual for next season.