Summer Transfer Rumours 2011

Davie81

Regardless of my thoughts on what Jody actually brings to the team these days (compared to what others could perhaps offer), you may be right. His experience and ability to read a game cannot be doubted.

However, it may be the 'fit' bit that is the major contributing factor to the number of appearances he makes.

Quite possibly, but I still see Davidson, Adams, Millar and Robertson [and Jody] as options in centre midfield ahead of Moon.

A loan spell in Division One might be benefitial to Moon, in order to get a consistent run of games, but I doubt he would be able to stay fit long enough to actually benefit.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite possibly, but I still see Davidson, Adams, Millar and Robertson [and Jody] as options in centre midfield ahead of Moon.

A loan spell in Division One might be benefitial to Moon, in order to get a consistent run of games, but I doubt he would be able to stay fit long enough to actually benefit.

Nah, a lot will depend on the opposition. As I said previously, we have good options in there. Mooner is SPL standard and a better centre mid than Millar IMO (and Jody now?) and should be with Saints as a key member of the squad

I think we will not see a lot of Adams to start with and Robertson may not come into his own until Muzz moves on. As SS said when he started this off, great depth to that midfield

At least our playing style won't be predictable for the opposition, and we can certainly mix things up a bit during a game with subs. Much better mix of talent than last year, but I wonder how much Robertson will play. I have a feeling he was signed to replace Muzz, who is (thankfully) still here.

I kind of agree that it is a 4 man midfield, or a 4 man midfield + Jody. Craig and Muzz are the only no-brainer's in there for me. Miller seems to get better with every game, and Adams was excellent towards the end of last season. Mooner, IMO, could be brilliant this year, and i would find it tough to leave him out. Caddis has looked strong pre-season, bulked up a lot since last year, and will be a very good player in time, and a very useful u-21 to have on the bench.

This is why I wonder where Robertson fits in? He seems too good a player to leave out of the options.

I honestly can't pick a favoured midfield from the options. I guess that's a good problem to have.

Maybe Haber is going to be utilised as a winger, I certainly think he has the attributes, pace, skill and he is a big strong guy.

That would be something if we had those others but Del likes his wingers to be defenders and I am not sure Marcus is suited to that.

That's harsh. He only wants wingers to be defenders when the defenders are rubbish, and I believe he has fixed that.

Pretty sure we will have the same right back as we had last year, Dave Mackay. Do you think Marcus will play before Millar who people have commented has no end product?

Pretty sure we will have the same right back as we had last year, Dave Mackay. Do you think Marcus will play before Millar who people have commented has no end product?

I honestly don't know, but I certainly wast suggesting that Mackay was a problem. Granger was my main target, and someone else who I won't mention because some people on here think he is Mr wonderful, and I'm not trolling for a fight.

I thought Craig's talents were wasted covering for Grainger last year.

I was also very impressed with Caddis playing wide right against Arbroath, he looked natural in that role. Just because he's 17, doesn't mean he can't step up at some point this year.

I honestly don't know, but I certainly wast suggesting that Mackay was a problem. Granger was my main target, and someone else who I won't mention because some people on here think he is Mr wonderful, and I'm not trolling for a fight.

I thought Craig's talents were wasted covering for Grainger last year.

I was also very impressed with Caddis playing wide right against Arbroath, he looked natural in that role. Just because he's 17, doesn't mean he can't step up at some point this year.

Personally I would play someone who can get forward and cause problems, i.e. Marcus but I am not sure Del will.

Ireland suggested to me that Caddis is not seen as likely to start too much just yet.