Thanks Peaso

Saintly Child

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll miss the discusions beginning with,"So when's Peaso back...". I think some of the comments have been a bit harsh. Its not like he went out his way to get injured and who knows what his contract stated regards payment when injured!

Anyway he's been with us 10 years and should get some sort of recognition from Saints for that if not a testimonial. I always thought he was a player who gave everything, even though some days that wasnt a lot.

A true Saintee in my opinion and will always be remebered as a former Saints player NOT a former Rangers player.

Good luck Peaso

If it's true that he's going (as far as I'm aware this hasn't actually been announced yet), then I'd like to wish him all the best for the future and thank him for being a terrific player for us over the years. Sure, he's been ridiculously unfortunate with injuries, but he's been a part of some truly memorable ups and downs and, at his best, I think he's shown himself to be a terrific player. I also think he should be given a testimonial - other players who've stuck around for as long as he has have been given one, so I can't see any reason why he shouldn't be too.

Some disgusting things said on this thread, it's an absolute disgrace to say anything bad about Peaso- the guy has had quite a few serious injuries but has always worked bloody hard to recover from these

Although it's completely typical of certain sections of the support

Took his top off at the end and had a message on his t-shirt - thanks for the 10 years - or something like that.

Good luck Peter wherever you go.

Doobs also stayed behind when everyone else was going off the pitch and came over and was giving hugs to women and children and high fives to everyone else in our support lined up along the barrier behind the goals, three quarters the length of the bye line. Not seen the like of that.

Great guy to have around. Thanks Doobs (if you're going).

401 Saints fans there today.

Took his top off at the end and had a message on his t-shirt - thanks for the 10 years - or something like that.

Good luck Peter wherever you go.

Doobs also stayed behind when everyone else was going off the pitch and came over and was giving hugs to women and children and high fives to everyone else in our support lined up along the barrier behind the goals, three quarters the length of the bye line. Not seen the like of that.

Great guy to have around. Thanks Doobs (if you're going).

401 Saints fans there today.

No bad turn out . Most to say goodbye to a few I assume.

No bad turn out . Most to say goodbye to a few I assume.

Aye you could well be right.

On the other hand, it could just have been that some of us sad people couldn't stay away from our football fix, given that we'll miss it for a couple of months. :laugh:

All the best to Peaso, been part of the furniture at the club over recent years. It is always beneficial to have players that have been at the club for a while to mix with any new ones. Looks like there be a lot of changes over the next few weeks.

Some great goals over the years from him, opener at Fir Park in Cup Quarter Final win or Challenge Cup screamer probably my favourites.

All the best to Peaso, been part of the furniture at the club over recent years. It is always beneficial to have players that have been at the club for a while to mix with any new ones. Looks like there be a lot of changes over the next few weeks.

It is such a shame that that bit of furnitire spent years in the physio room. Just wonder what sort of a player he would have become had he stayed injury free. Can see a few clubs willing to take a chance on him.