new manager

bankfoot saint

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 62 games in charge of Aberdeen he won 17!

I was wrong to say Broon hasn't done any better, because I've looked and he has. He hasn't managed to hugely improve things though, despite being a very good manager.

Aberdeen are a total mess, and while McGhee did badly there I'd put far more blame on Milne, Miller etc. for making them into a basket case.

Not bothered in the slightest about Cook taking the job and am quite happy to move on. Really liked McGhee as a player and thought he did a great job at Motherwell but totally lost the plot at Aberdeen. He was still slagging them off this week but the bottom line is he was crap there.

Hope we don't plump for McGhee as I think he has too much baggage.

Please please no McGhee !!

Really not sure where we go next but have a list of please no's...that includes Jeffries, Calderwood etc

Hope Geoff has a plan B & that another gem is unearthed to take Saints onwards & upwards!

As previous posters have said it was a shame that the fact that we were talking to Cook had to be done under the glare of the media

Aaaagh....stv just said that McGhee has said he is interested !! God it's enough to send me to drink...now where's my glass:laugh:

Pity it was all made public. Now the fans & new boss knows he is second best.

It was his determination not to move from Liverpool that ruled him out. I would assume it was his wifes decision if he didn`t tell Geoff on Tuesday.

I think it would be the same problem with Davie weir.

Not sure who I want but not McGee,Calderwood or Jeffries.

Nick Dasovic for me with either Jody Morris or Paul Sherrin as his assistant.

With Nick on board we could maybe tap into the North American market for young players which is something most top teams in this country do not do.

Like the managers players could be tempted to come and play for Saints on the basis it gets them seen and maybe get a move to England if they do well.

If we wait a few hours a certain Mr Lennon will be looking for work, not that I would ever have that man anywhere near McDiarmid Park

Still on ...!!!!!!!

So what have we learnt from the approach for Paul Cook?

The board are still looking for a young manager with ambition to get to the highest level possible but are maybe seeking out a bit more experience than the rookies that were Coyle and McInnes. Cook seemed to be a guy who'd established a maybe unfashionable club at a level above expectation but who could clearly motivate them to be successful in cup competitions, something we know the chairman craves. On the face of it you'd assumed he was also used to working under budgetary constraints but some of the stories coming from Ireland suggest the budget was one of the sticking points over the move.

Maybe the most important bit of information gleaned though is that the opinion of Derek McInnes matters a great deal to the board?

Maybe the most important bit of information gleaned though is that the opinion of Derek McInnes matters a great deal to the board?

Although perhaps he identified a good manager but was not as circumspect with his person identification as if half of what are hearing is true Cook hasn't exactly covered himself in glory with his lack of discretion about the talks.