New Manager Poll

The Inspiration

Who should the big man go for?  

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite simply I don't have a clue who we should go for. Without knowing Davidson or Morris personally it is hard to make a case for them due to not having any previous management track record. Only Geoff would know if either of these guys are potentials due to their character, etc.

I personally like a few names been mentioned on her. Gary Mac, John Collins, Nick Dasovic or Jimmy Calderwood are all choices I wouldnt be unhappy with. I think Mac and Collins would be granted automatic respect from the lads due to their standing in the game.

Jimmy Calderwood might not be everyones cup of tea, but it is unlikely we would get relegated with him as boss, the same probably applies to Jeffiries.

I'm sitting on the fence and will accept whoever Geoff puts in place. We have the squad to do well this season, so whoever comes in has no real excuses!

Michael O'Neill

He would be my choice but not sure he would come to us. I had earlier said Jody but Radford's point about his contacts is a fair point. Dont see his mates leaving Chelsea or Man Utd to sign for us. O'Neil's contacts might be limted too right enough but more realistic for our budget.

Edited by john1962

Sheerin for me. Knows club inside out. Served his apprenticeship with Under 19s then Arbroath. Taken them to first ever title in 118 odd years even though only had 5 players on the books when taken over.

Even with step up to 2nd division - has them top (joint) and playing great football.

Anyone who follows his tweets will know how passionate he is about football and being a success (all the attributes that you want from a young manager)

Think we would be crazy to overlook him as got a feeling a bigger team will be looking at him very soon.

With respect to Alex Totten, it's clear Brown's three most successful appointments have been Sturrock, Coyle and McInnes. The situation we find ourselves in now is maybe slightly different but you'd have to question why he'd want to move away from that line of thinking. I can see why the temptation might be there to look for more experience with the squad we have and the situation we find ourselves in but this squad won't stick together forever and the new man is going to have to find replacements, so that's where this desire for good contacts in the game comes into play. I think in the long-term, the best appointment for the club is another young, articulate, ambitious manager that is well connected in the game. And it's an easy enough gig to sell when you look at Coyle in the Premier League and McInnes going down to The Championship on a contract for the next three or four years.

People should know themselves if the names they are suggesting fit the above criteria. If they don't, I'd probably be surprised if they were a serious contender for the job.

Voted other as i would love to see Michael O'Neill from Shamrock Rovers if we are to go down the younger man route.Second Choice would be Gary McAllister or Davie Weir.If it was to be a more experienced man i would like to see Jim Jeffries or Gordon Strachan.

Thought you said Del to be charge on Sat Lark? :wink:

Callum Davidson. Fits all the criteria if Geoff want to go along the same road as he did with Del.. Starts of as player manager and hangs his boots up at the end of the season.

He would hopefully find an experienced assistant to help him along the way..

Would not be too UN happy with this,Perhaps a bit young though!!Probably the only Saint or Ex Saint i would want!!