New Manager Poll

The Inspiration

Who should the big man go for?  

170 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a mate I work with who is season ticket holder at gayfield. They had a question and answer sesion with Paul Sheerin and he was asked if he would leave if saints come in for him. His reply was if the chairman gave him permission to speak to saints he would go. But if the chairman refused to let saints to speak to them he would be just as happy to stay.

My mate, also a season ticket holder at Gayfield said the same and at the time of the question and answer session no contact had been made.

Anybody else think that the Clelland/ Morris partnership has a good feeling about it?

Clelland has been involved enough with the club to allow the players to see what he's all about and hopefully gain their respect.

Jody as assistant makes a career progression without the need to "grow up" just yet and can still be a mate to the team.

Both of them give the club and more importantly the team a feeling of continuity.

As I say just a gut feeling but one I'd be happy to go with as a temporary arrangement for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Anybody else think that the Clelland/ Morris partnership has a good feeling about it?

Clelland has been involved enough with the club to allow the players to see what he's all about and hopefully gain their respect.

Jody as assistant makes a career progression without the need to "grow up" just yet and can still be a mate to the team.

Both of them give the club and more importantly the team a feeling of continuity.

As I say just a gut feeling but one I'd be happy to go with as a temporary arrangement for a few weeks and see how it goes.

Thought that too 208,Clellands done the caretaker role at Livi,and coached for a good while now,and played under good bosses,either side of the border,Jody can play the players pal role like Doc,GB maybe going to give them time and see how it turns out.

Nick Dasovic. Only saints player to score in a proper cup final, and doing very well in management at the moment, by all accounts.

But I guess he fails Geoff's "good connections" test?

Remember he is Croatian, and a Canadian immigrant. Speaks several languages fluently, and is currently in Germany coaching. That limits his contacts further.

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
Ex-Australia boss Graham Arnold apparently interested according to the Scum. They have David Weir down as favourite though.

Clicky

He must be getting confused with the other Perth!

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

Interesting....

I see Stan James and McBookie no longer have odds available for betting on the next SJFC manager as of 7.30 this morning. Book closed due to insider info or a hefty wager?

From The Scotsman this morning......

Wigan No 2 Graeme Jones last night distanced himself from reports he was ready to fill McInnes’s shoes in Perth.

Jones, who previously rejected overtures from former club Swansea, is adamant he’s in it for the long haul with former Motherwell manager Roberto Martinez at the DW Stadium.

The 41-year-old, who also spent time at Hamilton Accies, was at McDiarmid Park for three seasons. He said: “I look back fondly on my time in Perth. I had injuries there and they were very good to me. There are a lot of good people there, including chairman, Geoff Brown.

“But I am fully committed to Wigan and relishing life in the Premiership. Saints are a fine club but I have no plans to go back to Scotland.

“We have another major challenge on our hands but we are up for the battle.”

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/st-johnstone/275596-nick-dasovic-interested-in-st-johnstone-vacancy/

Would possibly bring the best out of Haber who's likely to get more gametime once Cillian goes in January. I recall an article a while back about Dasovic being in the same coaching group as Jose Mourinho at Largs, Benzema on loan from Madrid?

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/st-johnstone/275596-nick-dasovic-interested-in-st-johnstone-vacancy/

Would possibly bring the best out of Haber who's likely to get more gametime once Cillian goes in January. I recall an article a while back about Dasovic being in the same coaching group as Jose Mourinho at Largs, Benzema on loan from Madrid?

He would be a great appointment in my opinion but as he says himself he has to be surrounded by knowledgeable people (Jim Weir (assistant), Jody & McCleland) on the Scottish game regarding other club's players. I personally like his philosophy on the game.

He would be a great appointment in my opinion but as he says himself he has to be surrounded by knowledgeable people (Jim Weir (assistant), Jody & McCleland) on the Scottish game regarding other club's players. I personally like his philosophy on the game.

Oh oh.He had a stint here and did nt do very well.