Where do you see us in 15 years time?

Pop

Given that there is he-haw going on at the moment Saints-wise for the next 2 weeks (apart from the huge news regarding the appointment of our new lotto administrator), why don't we engage in a little bit of factually unsupported speculation?

Provided that Robots aren't ruling the planet, where do you thinks Saints will be in the next 10-20 years time?

Will we still be playing at McDiarmid?

Will the SPL still contain Rangers and Celtic?

Will there still be an SPL?

Could the EPL bubble burst, leading to a resurgence of the Scottish game?

I rather gloomily predict us moving to a hugely scaled down stadium with gates of around 2000. I pretty sure that we will win a cup final by then though, but by that time no one will care. Am I being overly pessimistic?

I think we will still be at McD...a three-sided McD.

Probably still in the SPL, maybe with a couple of close relegation calls thrown in.

Rangers and Celtic will still be with us

The EPL will have deteriorated. Will still be a 'big' league with some big names, but the clubs will not be as prominent in Europe as they have been over the last decade. Surprisingly, or maybe not, the English national team may benefit and get better.

And on that note, I think the Scotland national team will have improved as well, qualifying for the Euro's next time around

we will all be dead, the planet will be taken over by a new breed of animal, a cross between dolphins and monkeys called the monkphin, saint johnstone will still exist though and they will dominate scottish football they will also go on to win the chimpians league, but sadly none of us will see it:sad:

COYS

Ten to fifteen years? Even today, I don't buy green bananas.

However, I have faith that teams of Scotland who have survived for about 155 years, give or take, will continue to do so. There will be speed-bumps along the way but the core will stay.

Saints and Saintees will probablly be bitching about a decrepit McD.

O.F? Who cares.

EPL will still be the best, most competitive and most loved League in the world. Why? Because man, they can play.

Scotland and England will continue to suffer internationally because of their reluctance or inability to develop their own players.

People will stop paying big money to watch idiots and their goal celebrations, but don't get me started on that one.

Lastly, I intend to be around to see it all. But I still won't be buying greed bananas, just in case.

Smudge

many people here in France when you mention Scotland go week at the knees,they love it. i have never met 1 yet who hasnt..+ am sure its similar in other countries 'even the english)

can you imagine GB or his sucessor in a partenership with likes of Ryan air,Stage Coach and several hotels in Perth and its surrounding area offering a pack age tour (like a long week end). people all over will be feeling the pinch and not be able to offer thumselves a proper holiday..this could be a solution. of course might not work week in week out,so targetted games...how many countries in the european community...how many europeans want to visit scotland?..etc.

We will be in the top Scottish league, doing well (performance wise). We will be in the process of negotiating a cheap sale of McDiarmid, as crowds will be between 1,500 and 1,800, with an even greater apathy from the Perth public.

We will have just beaten Celtic (2-0) at Celtic Park in front of 18,500.

I will have a Gasrtric waste band on due to *** Hortons...

The ugly sisters will be in an atlantic euro thingy league run by canal tv.

St.johnstone fc will play in a hugely entertaining celtic sumer league where we will challange bohemians for the championship, dundee city will finish 3rd.

What a cynical wee thing you are. 'Trouble is, you may be right. If I don't get my way, I may get yours.

Great post. hope everything will go well with your gastric band.

Smudge

An interesting question. Looking back 15 years, are things all that different from 1996? Much smaller transfer fees now in the market in which Saints function. I wonder if Sky's input will change. It must be a possibility that the tv subscription market will dwindle with a general knock on effect, and perhaps a movement towards more moderate players' wages etc. in the EPL and other top leagues. Plus ca change, c'est tout la meme chose, as Tommy Turner used to say.

I personally predict that Saints are on the road to better things. Romanov is fed up at Hearts, Rangers are in trouble..... I just feel that the days of investors looking for clubs in debt to take over are coming to an end. There isn't any spare money any more, and whilst the economy will recover, i don't think we will ever see the same levels of lending against hope value.

I might be way off the mark, but I forsee the clubs in big debt falling into administration one by one, and restructuring as financially viable operations. Those that can recover their position without throwing in the towell to the administration process will do so. Clubs will look at St Johnstone with envy in the short term.

The result will be that club's success will be dependent on their levels of income again. Whilst Saints have a small support compared to others, they do make a lot of money from other streams, and I don't see that we will be massively disadvantaged against teams with two or three times our fan base.

Across the league, players wages will become more realistic, and as such the gulf between the big teams and the small teams on the pitch will shrink. In that respect, whilst the OF will probably still dominate because of their huge fan base and continued European football, the gap will be smaller, and the competition behind them will be greater, comfortably supporting a competative top flite of 16 teams.

Dream on.

We'll be fine, the biggot brothers will be several £100m in debt to everyone, and happily claiming it is sustainable because they are great and mighty. Hearts may well be no more.

15 years time? how long this economic crisis that has hit the planet going to take to recover?..5 years at least i say! the finacials run our e con me + not the gouverments. the G20 + CO will come out with some kinda plan that is more to colmate the damage done and try and make a reputation amongst yous who vote. investors will be timid and canny where they put there money. the big spenders had their glory..now its time for some humble pie. am wishing that some of these big clubs will go down and never recover...at least for the symbolloque message it carries. Paris Saint Germain with there 85 million euro signing will not be beaten this seasons signings,i dont think..no i dont think. Saints a wee club with a wee budget will survive,due to GB personal investiment in the club.

You been listening to Ian Brown too much?

ha ha, forgot that tune, musta been in my sub-conscious.

i recon in 15 yrs time we will be playing at tulloch park, complete with our own railway station, with regular trips in europe and established as a top 4 team with a trophy or 2 in the bag if Steve Brown continues to work hard on the solid foundations his old man has handed him.:cool: