Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Celtic would be f**ked if Rangers go. They WOULD be the next biggest loser.

Clubs would be able to split any TV deal evenly between 12 teams meaning a huge reduction in income for them.

Personally I'm not convinced the current deal could just be torn up in the way people are discussing. I'm sure Sky have the rights to all the OF games as part of the contract between Sky, ESPN and the SPL but the deal is for SPL football and if there is no OF derby as part of that then surely that can't be helped. I'm sure they could manage 4 friendlies a season :laugh:

Scottish football will survive with or without Rangers, and lest we forget they want to leave and have been trying to leave for over a decade...they don't give a phuc about scottish football!

I've got no doubt that Scottish football would survive without either (or both) the OF. However, I think the financial repercussions of not having Rangers in the SPL would be grim....probably leading to a few more administrations.

Mainly because clubs budget for the TV money...which I'd assume would be reduced dramatically by no OF games. Also the things like hospitality and sponsorship rates would be down on the back of it. They may not fill the away end, but they certainly have much more going to the games than the rest of the league.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how it develops...I wonder what the next thing we'll hear Whyte has done....sold off the ticketing, sold of the catering...sold off the silverware?

I can't imagine the tv deal would specify anything about Rangers or Celtic aside from Sky getting to show their derby games. They can't show the derby if they aren't in the league!

At the moment Rangers and Celtic get 32% of the TV revenue so I think splitting things a little more evenly would be fair.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s2&newsid=7618&back=home

Also if Rangers started in Div3, there's a chance they'd be back in the SPL by the time the current deal ends. (4 years starting next season)

Edited by ryangordon86

Does the new deal not state for the £80m or whatever it was the OF must play each other four times?

I'd be surprised if that was the case. I know Sky as the main investor get the pick of the games. Hence why the OF derby and the Edinburgh Derby always get shown but I can't see how a league's tv package involving 12 teams could work in that way as there are no guarantees that those fixtures will exist every season.

It's all guesswork though, only those involved in setting the deal up will know.

I wonder just how much profit we make from a old firm visit. You are assured of 3 a season. Maybe 5000 fans at most extra to these games bringing in £115k each but with extra policing and stewards say an additional £40k expenditure plus hospitality at a higher rate. So maybe somewhere in the region of £250k a season to the Club profit wise.

As far as TV is concerned I believe SKY have said no OF no contract.

I wonder just how much profit we make from a old firm visit. You are assured of 3 a season. Maybe 5000 fans at most extra to these games bringing in £115k each but with extra policing and stewards say an additional £40k expenditure plus hospitality at a higher rate. So maybe somewhere in the region of £250k a season to the Club profit wise.

As far as TV is concerned I believe SKY have said no OF no contract.

I doubt the policing costs would be that high. The tax dodging "institution" owe the police 17k for the Killie game so I doubt we'd be paying anywhere near that. I think they also owe Dunfermline 80k for ticket sales so I would think we'd get a similar amount per game from OF games.

Why are Rangers an Institutiion? The Oxford English Dictionary says -

institution <!-- End of DIV pronunciation-->

noun

• 1an organization founded for a religious, educational, professional, or social purpose: an academic institution a certificate from a professional institution
    <!-- End of DIV senseInnerWrapper-->
  • an organization providing residential care for people with special needs: about 5 per cent of elderly people live in institutions
  • an established official organization having an important role in a society, such as the Church or parliament: the institutions of democratic government
  • a large company or other organization involved in financial trading: City institutions
  • 2an established law or practice: the institution of marriage informal a well-established and familiar person or custom: he soon became something of a national institution
  • 3<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = H /><H:SPAN class=neutral> [</H:SPAN>mass noun<H:SPAN class=neutral>]</H:SPAN> the action of instituting something: a delay in the institution of proceedings

Why are Rangers an Institutiion? The Oxford English Dictionary says -

institution <!-- End of DIV pronunciation-->

noun

• 1an organization founded for a religious, educational, professional, or social purpose: an academic institution a certificate from a professional institution
  • an organization providing residential care for people with special needs: about 5 per cent of elderly people live in institutions
  • an established official organization having an important role in a society, such as the Church or parliament: the institutions of democratic government
  • a large company or other organization involved in financial trading: City institutions
  • 2an established law or practice: the institution of marriage informal a well-established and familiar person or custom: he soon became something of a national institution
  • 3<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = H /><H:SPAN class=neutral> [</H:SPAN>mass noun<H:SPAN class=neutral>]</H:SPAN> the action of instituting something: a delay in the institution of proceedings

There you go......:?

There you go......:?

You think they're a religious institution? :)

I accept they represent Northern Ireland Protestant values but not Scottish Protestant values .......

- They sing the "Sash My Father Wore" and many dress like city bwankers with bowler hats in their spare time;

- Sing "God Save The Queen" which no other club in Britain far less Scotland sings and of course the head of state is not head of the Church of Scotland;

- sing "Up to your ....... ";

- sing "Rule Brittania";

etc.

The last of these must have inspired this opportunistic statement by Alex in the Telegrapgh which might lose him more votes than he gains. in fact they wave the British flag and are in the majority in favour of the Union (fair enough if that's their belief) -

Rangers must continue for the future of Scottish football and for the fabric of the country, says Alex Salmond

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9086664/Rangers-must-continue-for-the-future-of-Scottish-football-and-for-the-fabric-of-the-country-says-Alex-Salmond.html

All that Rangers and Celtic represent are the insecurities and consequent suspicions of Protestants and Catholis towards each other in Northern Ireland as displayed through two Scottish football clubs.

Hindu, Church of Scotland, Church of England, the Roman Catholic church, Islam etc. are all religious institutions but not Rangers or Celtic they're just football clubs.

These clubs are just a renactment in Scotland of what used to be called the "Irish Problem".

You think they're a religious institution? :)

I accept they represent Northern Ireland Protestant values but not Scottish Protestant values .......

- They sing the "Sash My Father Wore" and many dress like city bwankers with bowler hats in their spare time;

- Sing "God Save The Queen" which no other club in Britain far less Scotland sings and of course the head of state is not head of the Church of Scotland;

- sing "Up to your ....... ";

- sing "Rule Brittania";

etc.

The last of these must have inspired this opportunistic statement by Alex in the Telegrapgh which might lose him more votes than he gains. in fact they wave the British flag and are in the majority in favour of the Union (fair enough if that's their belief) -

Rangers must continue for the future of Scottish football and for the fabric of the country, says Alex Salmond

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9086664/Rangers-must-continue-for-the-future-of-Scottish-football-and-for-the-fabric-of-the-country-says-Alex-Salmond.html

All that Rangers and Celtic represent are the insecurities and consequent suspicions of Protestants and Catholis towards each other in Northern Ireland as displayed through two Scottish football clubs.

Hindu, Church of Scotland, Church of England, the Roman Catholic church, Islam etc. are all religious institutions but not Rangers or Celtic they're just football clubs.

These clubs are just a renactment in Scotland of what used to be called the "Irish Problem".

It was a joke Ronaldo, calm down! :roll: