Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• St Johnstone striker Fran Sandaza says he made the “right decision” by refusing to sign a pre-contract deal with Rangers during the transfer window as “the paper would be worthless”. (Sun)

Never said anything about waiting on the plane & never gat the call.

Did say he has been given an offer by Saints but if nothing turned up he will take it. I suppose we would all do that.

So the administrators have announced what we all knew for the last week that Whyte did use the ticketus money to pay of the bank. If there is such a thing as Glasgow riming slang I think the words "your talking Craig Whyte" will stick around for a long time.

Both Jim Traynor and Chick Young both stated around 6.30pm tonight that there would be more revelations in the next few days that would shock Rangers fans. One of them mentioned history. Has Whyte sold the naming rights to Ibrox? I cannot think of anything else other than liquidation that would be historic and cause the Rangers support any grief, considering the situation they are in at present.

I continue to be surprised. I guess I shouldn't be. Whyte is now saying he lied to protect the confidentiality of ticketus, and only made these moves because he was told to by other people. It would seem that 'the club he has supported since he was a child' is a distant second to the advice of money men. Lord knows what other financially astute skeletons are yet to surface....

everything that is coming out in the press now was said on rangerstaxcase.com way back in May last year.

They have maintained from the start that liquidation is the most likely path for Rangers... and finally the mainstream media seem to be taking that route too.

The problem I see is that the rights to the name Rangers, and Ibrox are going to be so tangled up in court cases for the next xx years, there is a real possibility the Scottish League may start off next season with no Rangers at all.

There is also rumors starting to circulate (rumors with no proof as yet) that players like McGregor and Davis are not contracted to Rangers PLC, but Whyte's holding company, and effectively 3rd party ownership laws broken... the stories are just going to run and run on this one.

Can't wait for the movie!

If he didn`t own Rangers or wasn`t even involved with them at the time how could he sell 4 years season tickets to ticketus & surely they also were involved in freud if the bought them from him.

Someone has to end up in jail.

He didnt.

He showed proof of funds back in November 2010 of 33 million to proceed with Due Dilegence. This was from his FSA company which has just been struck off for 'misplacing' clients funds.

Once agreement had been done, he paid 1quid to Murray.

He then drew up the agreement with Ticketus, received their 24 million and paid off LTSB as per the takeover agreement.

He is saying 20 million, as 4 million would be due on the VAT from the ticket sales.

He is saying 3 years, not 4 years, as we are already almost a year into the deal.

He is very very careful with his wording so as not to be caught out 'lying'

Questions not yet answered are how did Group sell a ticket asset which belongs to the club? Why did Ticketus buy them from group? Why did they buy into a company which was unsolvent?

What money on David Murray being the man behind the money with ticketus? Takes security over group, which transfers the name, the stadium and the training ground, and their only sellable players from club to group. Club goes into liquidation, ticketus call in their security on the group, which then returns it to the original investor.... end result is David Murray has the 'newco' with no debts.

HMRC say they will accept no deals on the £9 million owed on unpaid tax since Craig Whyte took over.
Given that this has not been paid since the takeover, it is abundantly clear that it was pre-meditated, and not an oversight. HMRC doing anything other than demanding full repayment would set a massive precedent for all companies in the UK.

I wonder which of Whytes 'highly paid' expert advisers told him not to pay tax?

Both Jim Traynor and Chick Young both stated around 6.30pm tonight that there would be more revelations in the next few days that would shock Rangers fans. One of them mentioned history. Has Whyte sold the naming rights to Ibrox? I cannot think of anything else other than liquidation that would be historic and cause the Rangers support any grief, considering the situation they are in at present.

RM - I think the 'history' refers to a block of Arsenal shares reputedly sold for around £150k

Not so much their value which is not huge by comparsion with the other sums but the shares were a gift dating back to around 1910 when the clubs first played each other. This is the gist but dates/figures are estimates.

A the great and the good of scottish football doing all they can to help the cause!!!!!!.

. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17130755

DIV 3 PLEASE FOR THIS PISH..

The amazing thing is only one arrest when you could clearly hear it was half the stadium singing.I suppose its easier to arrest a few Dunfermline fans for a poor drunken joke gone wrong than thousands of knuckle draggers from the south side of Glasgow.

The Revenue obviously took exception to it. So Murray might argue he did it with the best of intentions thinking it was allowable...and now finding its not.

That's not exactly fraud as such (such ruddy stupid:razz:)

Aye but just you try tell HMRC that 'my best mate Alfie - and he knows about these things cos he's got a job and he's a good guy - telt me that I wouldnae have to pay income tax on the money from that we job I did down the road and so didnae have to tell them'.

Ignorance is never a great defence to have to fall back on.

Yes but if you are talking about cheating and rescinding titles, Rangers haven't won any in the £9 million period. Henry Hall is defending the right to keep the tittles they won previously during the EBT period.

Henry Hall - not to be mistaken for henryhallsdanceband - as if you would!