Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder just how much profit we make from a old firm visit. You are assured of 3 a season. Maybe 5000 fans at most extra to these games bringing in £115k each but with extra policing and stewards say an additional £40k expenditure plus hospitality at a higher rate. So maybe somewhere in the region of £250k a season to the Club profit wise.

As far as TV is concerned I believe SKY have said no OF no contract.

i don't believe you have taken into account home supporters who won't attend because of the old firm .so you have to also minus a few quid into yer top of yer heid equation.

Dunfermline apparently cannot pay wages this month.

9m in debt

Domino effect

All right laughing and joking, but apart from Saints who are very prudently run,

Hearts

Killie

Dunfermline

Arabs

Sheep

Not healthy

Even Celtic are massaging figures. Proft down by 7.2m this year, over 30 + first team players with huge wage bill, if they dont qualify for CL next year, will need to sell a player or 2.

Its scary where this could end up

I think a total restructure of the Scottish game could be on the cards, and the Rangers situation may prompt this long overdue look at the game.

Dunfermline apparently cannot pay wages this month.

9m in debt

Domino effect

All right laughing and joking, but apart from Saints who are very prudently run,

Hearts

Killie

Dunfermline

Arabs

Sheep

Not healthy

Even Celtic are massaging figures. Proft down by 7.2m this year, over 30 + first team players with huge wage bill, if they dont qualify for CL next year, will need to sell a player or 2.

Its scary where this could end up

I think a total restructure of the Scottish game could be on the cards, and the Rangers situation may prompt this long overdue look at the game.

I agree.. Scottish Football has a fantastic opportunity to change for the better IF we can get past the petty gloating... I hope that Rangers learn from this lesson, are humbled by it and are involved in Scottish football going forward as an equal member with everyone else. That way HMRC gets their money back... put them out of business no one wins.

And before anyone picks me up on saying equal, I mean 1 member, 1 vote, simple majority to carry a decision, sponsorship & tv money split equally 70 / 30 split on all gate receipts.

I agree.. Scottish Football has a fantastic opportunity to change for the better IF we can get past the petty gloating... I hope that Rangers learn from this lesson, are humbled by it and are involved in Scottish football going forward as an equal member with everyone else. That way HMRC gets their money back... put them out of business no one wins.

And before anyone picks me up on saying equal, I mean 1 member, 1 vote, simple majority to carry a decision, sponsorship & tv money split equally 70 / 30 split on all gate receipts.

I want to live in your fantasy world.

SSN claiming Rangers players are to take a 75% wage cut to avoid any redundancies from the playing staff!

I can;t see how that is going to stop them having to make redundancies. Reports state they have a shortfall of £4.5m surely that is not going to be covered by the reduction in salaries. INitial reports were that there would be 11 redundancies from first team plus 50% cust in wages.

Suspect the number of redundancies will reduce and a 75% reduction will be needed, if not then initilal views about the administrators seem to be true.

Lot's of reports about 75% of this and that but a whole lot of human nature will now come in.

There aren't many there "playin' for the jersey" and lets be honest any of the low quality Papac types and their agents will be rubbing their hands at the get out clauses.

A wee bit of you get what you deserve and what goes round comes round.

Just watch the rats running in the next few days.

75% of zero = zero!

Agree, the Agents will be rubbing their hands at an unexpected pay day, while they flog their clients elsewhere for a better deal.

This will sort out who is playing for the jersey and kissing the badge, from those who moved for the PROMISED financial rewards.

Prepare for an exodus.

Agree, the Agents will be rubbing their hands at an unexpected pay day, while they flog their clients elsewhere for a better deal.

This will sort out who is playing for the jersey and kissing the badge, from those who moved for the PROMISED financial rewards.

Prepare for an exodus.

Not as easy as it sounds though. Unless Rangers make them redundant they will not be able to move until August in addition to which Rangers will hold the registrations so a transfer fee will be due.

Irrespective of what salary you are on coudl you really afford a 75% reduction?