Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nah it was pure interpretation but now that they have put the full story up on their site (It was only about half of the first page of the 2 pager that is up there now) I can kinda see your point, but would still stick by my own. After all if he really understood how the fans felt then surely it would be better to get the backing of Thomson to state clearly and absolutely NO to NewCo, that'd have the desired effect better than going cap in hand pretending to understand how the fans feel but leaving enough ambiguity to vote Yes when it comes to the crunch.

Thompson is rumoured by most journalists to be voting no as things stand anyway. Houston is making the point that United are the ones suffering from the fans' actions at present, not The Rangers. At no point does he suggest the decision should be made purely based on money but is merely pointing out that the present situation is impeding his plans to improve his club.

BREAKING NEWS: Dundee Utd Say No to Rangers Newco in SPL.

Dundee Utd have just issued this statement on their website after meeting with their fans...

"Dundee United tonight met with Supporters' groups to discuss the newco situation prior to the all club vote on the proposal to transfer Rangers share on 4th July.

Following what was a robust and constructive meeting, the Club's position on how we will vote was substantiated by the viewpoint of the various supporters groups. The meeting finished with all in agreement as to what the correct course of action would be.

The Board of Directors of Dundee United are unequivocal in the belief that a form of sporting punishment must form part of the reasoning behind any decision made and, therefore, cannot vote the newco into the SPL. General sporting integrity and, more importantly, the integrity of Scottish football must also play a significant part in the decision making process. It is our belief that any form of sporting punishment must be unambiguous in the message it displays.

Dundee Utd have just issued this statement on their website after meeting with their fans...

"Dundee United tonight met with Supporters' groups to discuss the newco situation prior to the all club vote on the proposal to transfer Rangers share on 4th July.

Following what was a robust and constructive meeting, the Club's position on how we will vote was substantiated by the viewpoint of the various supporters groups. The meeting finished with all in agreement as to what the correct course of action would be.

The Board of Directors of Dundee United are unequivocal in the belief that a form of sporting punishment must form part of the reasoning behind any decision made and, therefore, cannot vote the newco into the SPL. General sporting integrity and, more importantly, the integrity of Scottish football must also play a significant part in the decision making process. It is our belief that any form of sporting punishment must be unambiguous in the message it displays.

The tide is a turning!

Even the Orangemen don't want them in.

Thompson is rumoured by most journalists to be voting no as things stand anyway. Houston is making the point that United are the ones suffering from the fans' actions at present, not The Rangers. At no point does he suggest the decision should be made purely based on money but is merely pointing out that the present situation is impeding his plans to improve his club.

This is the problem. We are all holding off renewing in an attempt to persuade the SPL chairmen to do the right thing and all that is doing is withholding much needed funds to sign players.This can only play into the hands of the OF.

If the chairmen had done the right thing weeks ago then we would not be in this position.

It is really tugging at my heartstrings doing this to my club but if we don`t Scottish football is going to drown in its own sespit.

Yalddie....phucking Yalddie:D:D:D:D

Surely not on the day Houston was preparing the fans for a "yes" vote? That can not be.

'm Lovin it! :D

Surely not on the day Houston was preparing the fans for a "yes" vote? That can not be.

If they'd made the statement a week ago houstie would have got his player and the cash would be pouring in from the fans desperate to get their hands on Season tickets wishing to show their support for a club that puts fairness and sporting integrity at the forefront of its ethos. Rather than leaving it until the point where it is having a real impact on the managers plans for the season and clear that the situation would not change unless NO was stated publicly.

I have total respect for DUFC statnding up publicly and stating No (albeit after reading my post).

Now if only the same were to happen a bit closer to home...

more walking away

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/11m-bid-for-rangers-is-withdrawn.17946903

and

Liam McLeod ‏@BBCLiamMcLeod

Joining us on @bbcgms at around 0825 is @bbcjimspence who will reveal another SPL club that will vote no to a #Rangers newco

TWO property developers have withdrawn an £11 million bid for Rangers, just 24 hours after outlining details of their proposal.

Allan Stewart, 55, and Stephen McKenna, 45, planned to offer chief executive Charles Green double the £5.5m his consortium paid for the Ibrox club. However, last night the Glasgow-based businessmen admitted defeat after they realised it would cost them three times as much as they had previously believed.

But Green can have it all for how much? £3.5m. I'm lost. And so another day dawns down the funny farm.

Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence

Aberdeen will vote NO to Newco in the SPL. They Join Hearts and Dundee Utd who said yesterday they would vote no.

And outside of your b*gg**s Eric, these are really probably the three biggest (and best supported) clubs in Scotland. So you could say they have most to lose - or least to lose by Rangers (deid) out of the SPL. Momentum matters - come on Stevie - shows us yer cards man.

All rangers season ticket money given so far has by mistake went into rangers oldco accounts and therefor be used to pay the clubs debts.

Green assured fans the money was ringfenced but doesn't appear to be the case.

Newco still got no money coming in.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/mobile/sport/football/creditors-retain-claim-on-rangers-season-ticket-cash.17946985

From RangersMedia, lovely people............

I don't want any favours from the SPL or SFA - We'll go to Division 3, work our way up and punish the tiny clubs with 150 fans by boycotting away matches until a written apology is given to us by each of the 'no voting' supporters clubs. And when we do return to them - we'll smash up their tinpot grounds *** jk ;-) unquote

:roll: :roll:

Aye, Sevco5088 fan who i share an office with says that Rangers have to go to the third division not because it is justified, but because it will be fun watching all the other clubs die without them, and then they can regain their deserved position of superiority without all the diddyu wee teams plotting against them. I've stopped slagging him off, I just grin inanely at him whenever he mentions it.

With regard to the season ticket money going to the oldco, that really cheered me up this morning. Great news.

It seems to me like Craig Whyte went into this thing to try to make a sneaky buck, and probably succeeded (we'll never know i expect). Charles Green seems to me to have gone into the thing as an 'experienced saviour of football clubs' without realising the scale of the hole he was climbing into. I still believe that Rangers, The Rangers, The Glasgow Rangers, Sevco5088 are doomed to extinction, and that the world will be a better place as a result. I just hope that a few folk like Sir David Murray, Craig Whyte and others end up in the slammer for fraud.

So it will cost 33million to buy out green according to Stewart and Mckenna. Hmmm....

Would that be 6 for green plus 27million for craig whyte? Has green bought the assets, but with whytes 27m floating charge intact? Is that why we arent getting the details on why green has been unable to open a bank account? Is newco effectively insolvant already???

"@BBCAlLamont: Lord Hodge orders inquiry into Duff and Phelps appointment as Rangers administrators"

About time too, they were suggested by Craig Whyte and some of their decisions have been questionable relative to looking after the creditors. They should at least be able to explain all actions.