Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This report via the Daily Rec suggest 6 other clubs will go down the pan IF Sky pull the pin -

so i presume out of the remaining 10 ( Rangers and Dunfermline out of equation-Ross county seem solvent)

Celtic are OK

SO WHO out of the rest would go down the pan ?

I think it is all gues work. Obviously there are clubs like Motherwell, Aberdeen and killie that it would have more of an effect on.

Dundee United and Saints would get a boost from having Dundee there. St Mirren are/were nearly debt free.

This report via the Daily Rec suggest 6 other clubs will go down the pan IF Sky pull the pin -

so i presume out of the remaining 10 ( Rangers and Dunfermline out of equation-Ross county seem solvent)

Celtic are OK

Its written by Jim Traynor.

Celtic are OK

Let's for a moment accept that this is TRUE and that 6 other clubs DO go down the pan IF SKY SUBSEQUENTLY PULL THE PLUG.

Now I am wondering - would anyone care that Sky, by dumping the SPL, has effectively knackered Scottish football. You might well say that it's those SPL clubs who have themselves become too dependent upon the Sky money and that they themselves are at fault and solely to 'blame'.

But it takes two to tango. Sky have indirectly chosen to 'fund' some Scottish clubs - Sky is not stupid - it would know that many SPL clubs would be dependent upon their money. If some clubs depend upon Sky money then Sky has effectively become the main financial benefactor and sponsor of these clubs.

Now imagiine that you are a benefactor or sponsor of someone or something and for some reason or another wish to withdraw your support - not through 'financial necessity' - but just because you don't want to fund them anymore. What do you do? You could just pull the plug on your funding and that which you were supporting crashes and burns - almost instantly - with no way of staving off such a disaster. To all those affected by your actions you are then seen as being cold, callous and uncaring - and do those so hurt ever forgive you? Do you want to be treated forever as a pariah in your community and beyond?

Or do you give them warning that you are going to pull out; discuss and set realistic timescales; give them a chance to reorganise themselves and go through a re-financing exercise if that be necessary. You help them - you don't just abandon them. It may cost you money you don't really want to spend - but is that cost not going to be easily offset by the goodwill - or at least reduced animosity, that is engendered in those affected.

So Sky - do you wish to be forever known in Scotland and beyond as being responsible for the demise and possible complete collapse of senior football in Scotland. Have you ever heard of The Sun newspaper and it's relationship with the people of Liverpool?

I just have a feeling that the SPL/Sky relationship is not one-way, and that there are not insignificant dependencies of each on the other - albeit these dependencies are of quite different form and function.

Yup - just heard on R5L - Walt leading a consortium?

And so - it came to pass - Gandalf comes to the rescue astride his white steed Shadowfax (or is that Shadowyfacts)

Another twist, another turn.....

I have to say all of this has been marvellously entertaining. Kept me properly enthralled.

Been sadistically enjoying the Rangers fans misery and I'm not afraid to admit it :wink:

Smith & Co involved doesn't actually change anything as far as the SPL chairmen vote is concerned. Dear Ruddy Frostbite just gave an excellent list of the problems to be overcome by a Rangers newco and addressed by Scottish football if the newco does or doesn't get straight into the SPL next season.

To save linking, seems useful to put Green's statement on here as the thread is 'ibrox latest'

"Following the formal decision of the creditors' meeting at Ibrox Stadium today, the consortium I represent has fulfilled its agreement with the administrators and has completed the acquisition of the business and assets of The Rangers Football Club plc.

"The transfer of the business and assets to a new company structure has taken effect immediately and the new company is The Rangers Football Club.

"An application has already been made by the company to register with the Scottish Football Association and to participate in the SPL.

"These applications will be considered over the next few weeks and I will continue to have discussions with the football authorities in relation to the Club's position.

"This day is bitter-sweet for the consortium I represent. From our first involvement we made it clear we would have preferred to acquire this great Club through a CVA.

"The decision by HMRC to vote against the proposal was, in my view, counter productive and did nothing but visit the sins of the past on the owners of the future and indeed the supporters who care so much for Rangers and deserve better.

"It was however prudent for us to prepare for this outcome and we are proud and honoured to acquire Rangers and begin a new chapter in its illustrious history.

"These are early days and there is a huge amount of hard work to be done to rebuild Rangers.

"It will take time and effort, passion and commitment. Rangers will rise again and that journey began in earnest at Ibrox today.

"First I must address the issue of the Manager's position at the Club. Our consortium wants Ally McCoist to remain as Manager and we firmly believe he is the man to take Rangers forward.

"He embodies everything that is great about the Club and without question we want him to continue as the Rangers Manager.

"I fully understand that other people have courted Ally who do not wish to see my consortium succeed however, I believe time for decision and rancour is over now that the Club has been sold and everyone with the interests of Rangers at heart should unite.

"The rebuilding of the Club will happen from today.

"As I have stated previously, it is our intention that no single investor or institution will own more than 10-15% of the shareholding.

"One of the saddest aspects of the refusal by HMRC to support a CVA is that small shareholders have lost their shares in The Rangers Football Club plc.

"However, supporters and shareholders will have the opportunity to invest in the new company.

"My consortium has been determined from the outset that from now on Rangers will be run to the highest standards of corporate governance.

"To that end, the Club will have two boards in the future - a company or plc board and a football board with appointments announced in due course.

"In terms of investors in the company, to date our investors include Chris Morgan, a UK-based businessman representing family trusts; Glenmuir, the renowned Scottish clothing company; Ian Hart a Glasgow-based businessman; Alessandro Celano of Blue Pitch Holdings and Zeus Capital.

"We are looking to expand that investor base and are in discussions with a number of interested parties.

"I have been greatly encouraged by the enthusiasm investors have shown and their belief that Rangers can have a great future. I believe that too and I, along with everyone at the Club, will work tirelessly to make it happen."

Now Walter Smith has made a bid.

While cleaning the house windows, I nearly fell off the ladder with laughter when I heard this news.

This pantomime could run till Xmas.

Do you know if the Kings theatre have this booked ?

Would be a sell out and run longer than the Steamie . ::laugh::cry:laugh:

"Charles Green has been appointed CEO and will sit on the Company or plc Board and Malcolm Murray will be Chairman.

Malcolm Murray said: "It's a great honour to be invited to become non-executive Chairman of an iconic football club.

"I am intensely proud to have been a supporter since my father took me to Ibrox for my first match and Colin Stein scored a hat-trick on both our debuts.

"I was hooked from that moment on and as a supporter and season ticket holder I have been - like all Rangers fans - utterly appalled by what has happened to the club.

"Those responsible for bringing the club to its knees should start by apologising to supporters who have been left to face the consequences."

Rangers also said: "The club also announced that Brian Stockbridge will be Financial Director while Imran Ahmad of Zeus Capital, who are highly experienced in the flotation of football clubs, will join the Board as a non-executive Director."

Story now seems to be Ally fell out with Green having been "signed up" by the Murray consortium. BBC Rado Scotland have him biding his time to see how Green v Murray pans out (Green now having legally bought the assets of Rangers). Implication seems to be he will take some persuading to stay with Green. Glad to hear that -Ally (with one important lapse) has almost uniquely managed to retain some dignity throughout all this.

Radio Scotland are now biling this as Green has th assets v Murray who has the fans. They are suggesting Green may sell out to Murray. That strikes me as absurd - whatever Green's agenda is, it will not involve selling out for little profit in the interersts of the fans.