Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Maybe not.....

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug

#Rangers liquidators BDO: we will be looking to protect remaining assets and maximise recoveries for benefit of creditors.

I have read similar comments elsewhere, but HMRFC have also stated that they would not interfere with the sale to Green, suggesting that they are happy with a big fat nothing.

Goram the latest to be wheeled out blabbing on about other clubs "being careful what they wish for"....we all know that whole financial argument about needing Rangers or facing financial ruin is a pile of pish...now feck off Andy and lose your house on the horses

I wish Goram and the rest of them would actually understand the point, instead of bleating on about financial doom for so-called 'diddy clubs'* all the time. Getting rid of Rangers is fundamentally an issue of morality; it's as basic as knowing the difference between right and wrong. It might mean the rest of the clubs have less money (and I stress the word 'might' because I'm yet to see it convincingly proven), but the point is that we don't care: we'd rather have a fair league with little wealth than a wealthy league that is corrupt.

I couldn't give a toss about the Scottish league turning into the 'League of Ireland'** - Rangers must go now.

*Part of the reason we're 'diddy clubs' in the first place is because of Rangers' disproportionate level of power - which they obtained through cheating - which is why we want rid of them.

**Clearly that won't happen; as mentioned on Off the Ball, the Scottish First Division, with no Old Firm or any of the other large-ish Scottish clubs among its ranks, still comfortably pulls in bigger crowds than the League of Ireland.

I have read similar comments elsewhere, but HMRFC have also stated that they would not interfere with the sale to Green, suggesting that they are happy with a big fat nothing.

Not sure if that's what they're saying. I took it that HMRC were very carefully avoiding any impression of prejudice AGAINST the Green bid, rather than endorsing it. Asin "nothing personal, but...". That the decision was based on the enormity of Ranger'scrims, not the fact that Green wants the club. HMRC can be occasionally incompetent, but are virtually incorruptible, at least in matters of this scale.

Goram the latest to be wheeled out blabbing on about other clubs "being careful what they wish for"....we all know that whole financial argument about needing Rangers or facing financial ruin is a pile of pish...now feck off Andy and lose your house on the horses

Goram is a sectarian bigot, remember the photo taken up the Shankill Road when he was on one of his over the water jaunts holding up the UVF flag, what a disgusting fat *** he is.

ok getting confused now as to which thread to post what in so as to stay on topic....

I notice that the liquidators Malcolm Cohen & James Stephen have said the following ( poached from BBC) :

It's important to understand that the appointment of liquidators will not mean the end of football at Ibrox - only the end of the company that ran the club," said Cohen.

"The liquidators will seek to protect any remaining assets, maximise recoveries for the benefit of creditors and investigate the reasons behind the failure of the company."

Administrators Duff & Phelps plan to transfer the business to a 'newco' set up by Green in the next few days.

Cohen continued: "Once this is done, BDO will determine what can be recovered from the remains of the existing company.

"It is right that there is a full and robust investigation into why the company failed, together with concerted efforts to recover monies for creditors and the taxpayer.

"This may include pursuit of possible claims against those responsible for the financial affairs of the company in previous years."

between this and HMRC's statements yesterday it would seem that Newco will be at Ibrox for many years to come.

I still say that RFC NEWCO going into SFL3 would probably be the best thing that could happen to Scottish Football. The extra money into the SFL would help out so many of the "wee clubs" that exist on the breadline

Beggars belief really This....

It's been a truly dark day today. Personally, I never thought this day would come. A day when the severity of our Club's financial mismanagement has truly been laid clear for all to see, with the men to blame in certain hiding, and the Rangers Family suffering around the world. The anti-Rangers mob of this country however have not been hard to seek out. It's an unhealthy obsession but an unrepentant one at that.

I've been approached several times today by vermin with this "cheating" nonsense. According to these self-acclaimed warriors of Scottish football, Rangers "cheated" every other club in the SPL and that's why attendances are at an all time low all around the country; Rangers "cheated" themselves to titles and gained an unfair advantage over other teams; Rangers "cheated" the tax man and should be dead and buried. You'll hear a cry for a just punishment from some more moderate fans of other clubs in the SPL, but very few mean punishment. They want our club dead.

Let me remind those horrible little celtic men who vomit this poison across forums, on buses and in the pub: where lies your corinthian spirit and siege for sporting integrity surrounding the funding of the wages paid to Robbie Keane, Roy Keane, Ljungberg and several players of the O'Neill era? These wages came straight from the pocket of Dermot Desmond. Last time I checked the St. Mirrens, Motherwells and Kilmarnocks of this country don't have billionaires behind their club's funding £60,000-a-week loan signings to score penalties against bottom half sides and to appease the masses within the filthy festering east of Glasgow. One would consider such outside investment cheating by all standards - so how dare you take the moral high ground over the football finances of other clubs. Don't you ****ing dare.

Let me also remind those at Tannadice, Pittodrie and McDiarmid Park that those grounds aren't going to fill themselves any time soon without the Bears. Biting the hand that feeds you is never a good business plan for any football club wishing to progress. The likes of Kilmarnock, without Rangers Football Club, would have been plunged into administration themselves years ago had the Club not received the £2m transfer fee for a certain Steven Naismith. I wonder how that will pan out over the next few years should a similar scenario arise. Let's sit back and watch, shall we?

When you sleep in yet again for that kick-off down at the match in that new-look SPL because "there was no point", and when you begin to realise how great a mistake it was to present an SPL without the premier team in the land to the country and to an uninterested Sky, listen closely and be fearful for you own little club's existence. You are orchestrating the demise of not only your own club but the future of Scottish football. And for those clubs who want us dead? The Rangers Football Club has been on its knees fighting for its every last breath over the past 6 months. The Rangers support has kept it living with unmatched love, loyalty and charity. As the saga continues to develop, the Club may in fact be playing its football in the Third Division as of 2012, away from those who harmed it and laughed at it, whilst Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs targets the men who plundered the Club into disrepair. We're willing to take the punishment all around us wish for. No newco Rangers in the SPL is what you want and that's fine by us. We'll rise again. The Club is just going for a little sleep just now.

But just you ****ing remember: that sleeping giant at the bottom of the Scottish football leagues is going to wake up, and its going to be very ****ing angry. It won't ever forget those who kicked it when it was down, and when Rangers return stronger, louder and more powerful, don't expect any favours when the big boys come back to town. We'll have the last laugh, when you'll be taking your last breath.

You know, that's quite scary. That has nothing to do with football, it's just pure hate. They just don't get it - it isn't about Rangers. I've shouted myself hoarse roaring on Rangers in Europe - but never again. They were naughy, they got caught. Take the punishment, and shut the feck up. Jesus, these guys would put catholics, non-whites, me,you in the ovens without a backwards glance.

Herewith ends any sympathy, understanding, empathy from me to these neanderthal, fascist pieces of shit.

It's been a truly dark day today. Personally, I never thought this day would come. A day when the severity of our Club's financial mismanagement has truly been laid clear for all to see, with the men to blame in certain hiding, and the Rangers Family suffering around the world. The anti-Rangers mob of this country however have not been hard to seek out. It's an unhealthy obsession but an unrepentant one at that.

I've been approached several times today by vermin with this "cheating" nonsense. According to these self-acclaimed warriors of Scottish football, Rangers "cheated" every other club in the SPL and that's why attendances are at an all time low all around the country; Rangers "cheated" themselves to titles and gained an unfair advantage over other teams; Rangers "cheated" the tax man and should be dead and buried. You'll hear a cry for a just punishment from some more moderate fans of other clubs in the SPL, but very few mean punishment. They want our club dead.

Let me remind those horrible little celtic men who vomit this poison across forums, on buses and in the pub: where lies your corinthian spirit and siege for sporting integrity surrounding the funding of the wages paid to Robbie Keane, Roy Keane, Ljungberg and several players of the O'Neill era? These wages came straight from the pocket of Dermot Desmond. Last time I checked the St. Mirrens, Motherwells and Kilmarnocks of this country don't have billionaires behind their club's funding £60,000-a-week loan signings to score penalties against bottom half sides and to appease the masses within the filthy festering east of Glasgow. One would consider such outside investment cheating by all standards - so how dare you take the moral high ground over the football finances of other clubs. Don't you ****ing dare.

Let me also remind those at Tannadice, Pittodrie and McDiarmid Park that those grounds aren't going to fill themselves any time soon without the Bears. Biting the hand that feeds you is never a good business plan for any football club wishing to progress. The likes of Kilmarnock, without Rangers Football Club, would have been plunged into administration themselves years ago had the Club not received the £2m transfer fee for a certain Steven Naismith. I wonder how that will pan out over the next few years should a similar scenario arise. Let's sit back and watch, shall we?

When you sleep in yet again for that kick-off down at the match in that new-look SPL because "there was no point", and when you begin to realise how great a mistake it was to present an SPL without the premier team in the land to the country and to an uninterested Sky, listen closely and be fearful for you own little club's existence. You are orchestrating the demise of not only your own club but the future of Scottish football. And for those clubs who want us dead? The Rangers Football Club has been on its knees fighting for its every last breath over the past 6 months. The Rangers support has kept it living with unmatched love, loyalty and charity. As the saga continues to develop, the Club may in fact be playing its football in the Third Division as of 2012, away from those who harmed it and laughed at it, whilst Her Majesty's Revenue & Customs targets the men who plundered the Club into disrepair. We're willing to take the punishment all around us wish for. No newco Rangers in the SPL is what you want and that's fine by us. We'll rise again. The Club is just going for a little sleep just now.

But just you ****ing remember: that sleeping giant at the bottom of the Scottish football leagues is going to wake up, and its going to be very ****ing angry. It won't ever forget those who kicked it when it was down, and when Rangers return stronger, louder and more powerful, don't expect any favours when the big boys come back to town. We'll have the last laugh, when you'll be taking your last breath.

What a d***

Woah! That just underlines what Rangers FC and it's fans are all about.

The only difference between Neanderthals like this and Sir David Murray/Craig Whyte and the others is that they had the audacity to put other peoples money where their big fat mouths were.

Ashamed to be associated with the same species as these people.

I am honest enough to admit that I was brought up supporting Rangers, had the tops, posters on the wall etc. God, Moses McNeil, the founder of Rangers is buried in the graveyard of the church I was christened in but...

It actually fills me with rage the way Rangers fans act. The way they believe they are too big to die, calling their club a 'Scottish Institution' and bleating on about how Scottish football would die without them. The way they look down on someone, me, for supporting St Johnstone.

Well **** them all, they, those cretins deserve all they get and for that reason I hope Rangers die. Disgusting cheats with just as disgusting fans!

I am honest enough to admit that I was brought up supporting Rangers, had the tops, posters on the wall etc. God, Moses McNeil, the founder of Rangers is buried in the graveyard of the church I was christened in but...

It actually fills me with rage the way Rangers fans act. The way they believe they are too big to die, calling their club a 'Scottish Institution' and bleating on about how Scottish football would die without them. The way they look down on someone, me, for supporting St Johnstone.

Well **** them all, they, those cretins deserve all they get and for that reason I hope Rangers die. Disgusting cheats with just as disgusting fans!

Well said H.

C.o.y.s.

..and of course whilst at the same time as pleading that it's been certain individuals at Ibrox that have created this problem, and the RFC fans are innocent of all charges - at the same time as this, our friend and many of his ilk are looking to lay the blame for what may turn out for their club at the feet of the supporters of the clubs. No dear bears and bearettes - we may state our views but actually we have no vote; we can apply no sanctions; we can set no penalties. These things can only be done by THE AUTHORITIES - both footballing and governmental. So - dearly deluded of Edminston Drive

'don't expect any favours when the REAL big boys [HMRC and the SPL] come back to Ibrox. THEY'll have the last laugh, when you'll be taking your last breath'

Didn't we all love it when the school playground bully met his match and was given a pummeling.

Suspend the newco from all football for a year, allowing them to sort out there legal mess.

Then readmit them into Div 3. With a clean slate and I'd say justice was done.

Sorry Eric I get what your saying but why should teams like Spartans or cove or inverurie not get an epaul chance to enter the sfl.

Why should they be given automatic entry to sfl.